Betrayal & Consequence

Betrayal & Consequence

A Poem by Shaddess
"

A response to the wrongs of my ex.

"

 

            There was a time when you were held so dear.  A place in my heart you held during happiness and fear.  Then times fell hard and much was lost, you left for your own reasons; things which only you know.  In that place you dwelt you forgot all we had.  Letting go of all honor, you made a choice, you committed to act.  Now a year has gone by and I endure your presence.  We agreed to stay friends, but no more than that. 

            Now your head is on my shoulder and you fight desperately for my hand; but I cannot feel you, not now, never again.  I hear your tears as you found yourself alone, rejected by lovers you adulterated with before.  You expect my forgiveness, that which I already give.  Like every time before, you chose another act; to forget the agreement that no longer suites what you feel is your entitlement. 

            I am not yours; I will never be again.  I would rather live alone then in the deceit you weave.  Your mind draws a blank, like you've never done wrong.  Feeling betrayed that I did not welcome you home.  The things you have said, the acts you commit, have damned you with me for I cannot forget.  I know what lies in you and I am hard pressed to be friends; but unlike you, I keep all that I promise. 

            So convince all your followers that I am the tyrant.  Tell them nothing of your part in all this.  When asked why you choose to follow me like this, lie to their faces as you did to me.  Express to them all that you are innocent.  Look in the mirror and believe all your lies.  I have never taken back those that toss me aside.  Lie to me now, for I have always known when you do.  Expect all you want that I should come back to you; but know that after all you have done, I simply won’t give in to the sorrow and filth.

© 2013 Shaddess


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013
Tags: Pain, Adultery, Betrayal, Loss, Consequence, Innocence, Deceit, Lie, Dishonor, Split

Author

Shaddess
Shaddess

Arcata, CA



About
Currently live on the California coast, looking to move in the near future to a more rural paradise. I have been an amateur writer for a long time now and thought I would try and get some of my work .. more..

Writing