Pact of Vengence

Pact of Vengence

A Story by Shadow666
"

Short story about a kind boy who gets revenge.

"

Pact of Vengence:                 


                   Seth ran as fast as his feet could carry him through the dark cedar woods down a mountain slope. In pursuit were 3 boys, all bigger and stronger than him. The leader of the three was a tall thin boy with red hair. His eyes were dark and full of glee as he spotted him in the distance. The other two boys were broad and well built. They clambered over the fallen logs, dead leaves, and shoved their way through the bushes after him. Seth was short and scrawny, and ran in fear of these bullies which had tormented him through most of his life.  They would terrorize him at least once a month for fun. Seth was a pale kid with black hair. He was very kind, and could not stand up for himself worth a damn. He didn’t have the guts to act, even if they hurt him. So he always was picked on. As Seth ran, these thoughts streamed though his mind. Deep down inside, he hated himself for being who he was. He began wishing to himself, that he would do anything to change, to feel hatred. An emotion he thought didn’t exist, or at least that he didn’t feel often. Distracted with his thoughts, Seth tripped over a fallen log and rolled on the dead leaves. The smell of earth and bark filled his nose as his face hit the ground. He groped the earth to lift his head. He was in front of a massive mining site. It was fenced off with caution tape long torn down.

                Seconds later, some powerful force struck him in the back. Seth once again tasted the dead leaves. Cringing in pain, he got up again.

“Stop it, just leave me alone!” He cried. One of the bigger boys grabbed him from behind his arms and lifted him up.

“What do you want to do Ritz?” the boy asked the thin ginger. Ritz looked over to the mine. A horrific grimace appeared on his face.

“Let’s put him in there for the night, Jamal.”  He pointed to the entrance of a tunnel. Broken machinery and ruined buildings surrounded the entrance, the skeletal remains of a once active place.

“Isn’t that the old Platinum mine?” the third boy asked. “Ya know the one with the story.”

Ritz nodded in confirmation. “It’s the one where 42 people went missing, and they never found out why. Nor did they find the bodies!” Ritz exclaimed seeing the fear rise up in Seth’s eyes. Ritz laughed harder.

“Are you afraid of ghosts Seth?” Seth attempted to fight against the muscular Jamal with no success as he began dragging him towards the entrance.

“Don’t put me in there! Please!” Seth begged. He had a morbid fear of the dark. His eyes sparkled with tears.

“As if we’d be nice to you…” Ritz muttered as they opened the door to the tunnel that led into the mountain. They shoved Seth inside and slammed the heavy metal doors behind them. Seth sat unresisting in fear as he heard them place metal bars through the handles.

“Don’t worry; we’ll come get you tomorrow in time for school.” Ritz exclaimed though the iron. Jamal and the other boy laughed.

 

                Seth sat terrified in the pure darkness of the tunnel. He had also heard stories about this place. It was 5 miles long stretching into the Kobe Mountain. He heard there was a second entrance, but was too scared to even think about moving. He rummaged his pockets to pull out a small LED flashlight he had as a keychain. The light illuminated 10 feet and he could see a little. The tunnel was empty and smelled like rotting wood. He figured they must have cleared out after the accident that happened 10 years ago. Seth quickly got a hold of himself and stood up. He tried to force the entrance open by ramming into it with his shoulder. With no luck he sighed in exhaustion. Taking out a cell, as he thought, he had no service.

“I guess this means I’m taking a stroll if I want to get out of here.” He told himself in the icy darkness. He tried to be confident to remain calm. He slowly began his walk down the tunnel. His footsteps echoed loudly, and his heart pounded so loud he could hear it. After what seemed like hours to him, 40 minutes later he came to a halt. Before him was the something he did not expect. A hole about 10 feet in width spanned the entire tunnel width. There was no way around it.

“Ah, this is so freaking nice.” He complained. He noticed several rocks sitting along the wall next to a pile of pipes. He grabbed a big one and threw it into the pit. Immediately he heard the rock smash against the bottom. Leaning over the edge, he noticed something strange about it. He knew it was shallow, yet no light reached the bottom. He grabbed a pipe and placed it in the hole to check its depth. It went down about 4 feet. He checked the other side by throwing more rocks to check to see if he could climb in and out. He was certain he could climb in and out. The tiny voice in his mind screamed to him that something was not right. The hairs on his neck rose as if something breathed on him. Glancing behind him, he saw nothing. Seth knew there was something watching him. He decided not to climb into it, but build a bridge of bars across it. He grabbed the remaining bars along the wall and spanned the hole with them one by one. The noise of falling metal was unsettling to him. Seth was careful to step on them so they didn’t roll. He used more rocks to support his side. He prayed they would hold. His fear of the pit below grew rapidly when his foot left the support of the earth. There was an unearthly presence within it. Slowly he walked the 3 bars he laid out. Sweat poured down his brow as he tried to hold his balance. 6 feet, 5 feet, he was halfway there. Seth began holding his breath as the bars wiggled loosely now because they had no rocks for support on the farther side.

                As soon as he was about to step on solid ground, he looked up. In front of him was a figure, a shadowy silhouette. In surprise he let out a gasp and lost his balance. His foot rolled off the pipe and he pummeled down into the pit, and into the unnatural darkness.

Seth struck the ground on his back, knocking the wind out of him. He sat gasping for his breath as he sat up not seriously injured. The feeling of dread filled him, as if death loomed over his shaken form. Seth struggled to his feet, trying to claw his way out of the hole. It seemed as if it had gotten deeper, too deep for him to climb out of. Fear took root in his mind as he slumped to the ground. He gripped his chest crying to himself. “Why am I so weak?” He began to relive his horrible moments in which people had taken advantage of his kindness. The moments when people insulted him, cast him aside when he had done nothing wrong. The flames of hatred finally begun to ignite within his soul.

His fear seemed to fuel his thoughts. Something bad was going to happen, he could feel it. Yet there was so much he still had to do. Seth heard something move around him moments after the fall. He hunched against the wall with his knees drawn to his chest. He cursed it, he cursed the darkness. He cursed himself, and everyone who had ever done him harm. So much hatred in him exploded at once. Seth let out a cry of rage. He yelled his fear away, screamed his sorrow out loud. He gripped his temples as the pain of the emotions caused him to have a mental breakdown. Tears poured down his cheeks. Years of these pent up emotions finally flowed forth like a torrential tsunami. The area around Seth stirred with invisible energy. Seth glared at the darkness around him. He began to beg it to just kill him. He knew it could, he could feel its malicious intent. He didn’t know what it was. He figured it was the demons that killed the miners, if the stories were right. He just wanted his pain to end. The darkness answered, he felt a heavy weight push up against his chest and quickly pinned him to the wall. He heard a faint whisper that sounded like dead leaves scraping across pavement.

“Why?” It breathed, the darkness forced Seth’s head up to reveal his neck. Seth swallowed hard, his face completely pale. Seth could only think of the reasons why he didn’t want to live, but his last thought was that of revenge. He wanted more than anything to inflict the pain he had felt back to them.

“Revenge…” it whispered quietly in his ear, he was unsure if he was really hearing it. Icy cold air swept across his skin causing Seth to shiver uncontrollably. The invisible entity released Seth. He didn’t know what was going to happen now. He could not see, and his whole body seemed to have gone numb with cold. He knew it was still there, the energy it was giving off seemed to flow all around him. Then without warning, images flashed in his mind violently. Images of all the times he should have been angry, and how much he just wanted to explode but didn’t. He gripped his head in pain and let a gasp. His emotions seemed to overload even more in his emotional state. The energy of the entity seemed to draw into him. Its icy cold feeling seemed to stop his heart. Seth just wanted to scream. He yelled as loud as he could, and his voice was heard by no one.

******

                Ritz was at home deep into a game on his computer when the doorbell rang. Taking off his headset he went to answer it. He was alone in the house at the moment. He opened the door to reveal two police men garbed in black.

“Can I help you officer?” He asked innocently.

“Yes you can, Ritz” one of them replied. They seemed to be on first name basis. Ritz let them inside to sit in the living room.

“5 hours ago, you were seen with Seth Asher. He has now gone missing. Do you know anything about this? Don’t lie.” The officer asked.

“No idea officer.” Ritz lied straight to his face. The officer knew it was a lie. He glared at him, seeming to hate the boy.

“Have you heard anything about where he went possibly?” the other officer asked.

“Hmmm, well last time I saw him. He said he wondered what the mine looked like inside.” The two officer’s faces went pale.

“You didn’t…” the officer said in anger. “That place is cursed…” he got up leading the other officer to the door. “You will see us again Ritz, you’ve gone too far. Its highly likely Seth is…” the other officer cut him off and they left the house. Ritz quickly jumped on the phone to call his friends about what had just gone down, clearly amused.

The two officers sat in the patrol vehicle together. They had grim expressions.

“Josh, you know that mine is cursed. You sure you want to go? I’m with you no matter what.” the other officer asked.

“We have to, it’s our job. We can’t just abandon Seth. He is a strong kid. I’m sure he is fine Kit.” Josh replied. Kit sent the info over the radio and Josh turned on the car and left for the mine.

******

                Seth knew there was something strange happening. He had a clear mind now. He felt no pain at all. He could feel the entity inside of him. The feeling of it was almost euphoric. He smiled silently to himself. He let out a laugh. Walking over to the ledge, he climbed out of the pit easily. He could see in the dark just fine. In the near distance, he heard someone shouting his name. Going towards the voice, he saw light in the distance. He was relieved he was finally going to leave this dark hell. The officer that was shouting his name saw Seth running towards him.

“Seth, you alright?” he asked worriedly.

“I’m very happy to see you.” Seth replied with a smile. He climbed out of the tunnel with them. They placed Seth into the back of the car, and then headed back for town.

“Ritz did this, he locked he in there.”  Seth told them. The two officers seemed to be unsettled around Seth. They just glanced at each other.

“We know we already figured that. I just wish he would be put behind bars already. That kid is bad news.” Josh muttered.

“You sure you are ok Seth? You look very pale.” Kit asked.

“I’m fine, in fact. I’ve never felt better.” Seth laughed. “That place is extremely scary you know. I thought I was gonna die. After a while though, it grows on you. Then it becomes just another place. I had a lot of time to think about things.” Seth told them, it seemed more to himself than the two officers.

                Josh looked at Seth; clearly there was something wrong with him. His eyes seemed distant and painful. He then started up the car and took Seth home without another word.

                Seth got home to his worried mother and gave her a hug. He told her what had happened vaguely. She was clearly angered by Ritz and his gang. She then began lecturing to him how he should stand up for himself. Seth just ignored her, and went to bed. He was exhausted, and he could still feel that strange power inside of him. He gripped his chest with his fist. He gazed at his own reflection.

“Tomorrow, we change my life.” He told the mirror’s reflection. Then got into bed and went into a much needed slumber.

                Seth awoke early the next morning. Getting ready for school, he packed his things up. He hurriedly ate some breakfast and was out the door soon after. He nearly ran to school, wanting to find Ritz, to teach him a lesson. When he got there, he realized he wasn’t going to come to school today. Instead of going to class, he decided to ditch and go find him at his house. Seth had never ditched school before. The anticipation of the encounter filled Seth with joy. He was going to have his revenge. He arrived at his home. Seth knocked on the door with heavy blows. To his amusement Ritz answered. He was very surprised that Seth was knocking on his door.

“What are you doing here? Come back for a beating have you?” Ritz sneered, behind him his two friends leered at him.

“A beating? No, I don’t want that. It’s you sorry p*****s that are gonna die.” Seth cackled. Ritz seemed surprised at first. This was the first time Seth talked back.

“What did you just call us?” Ritz asked dangerously. His two friends came out of the door. They were prepared to attack him.

“You p***y assed mother fuckers!” Seth exclaimed, and then began to laugh. His laugh disturbed the three boys. Jamal and the other boy slowly backed up.

“What’s the matter, Ritz? Are you scared of me? Are all of you scared of me?” Seth asked. Ritz began backing away. He started stuttering.

“Your eyes…you’re…” he seemed too frightened to speak. Seth stopped sneering, his face became serious.

“Ritz, remember the mine? Thanks to you, I am this way. I am no longer myself. I am now your worst nightmare…” before Seth could finish, the three boys slammed the door in his face. Seth could see his reflection on the screen door’s glass. His eyes had become cat like, and crimson colored. “I am now a harbinger of darkness. It has waited for a long time to come out of the earth.” Seth continued to himself. Seth just stood there at the door silently. He had all day, he had eternity. They could not escape him. Seth placed his hand on the door handle, he heard it unlock to his request. He opened the door and walked inside in pursuit of the three. The three boys tried to hide from him in the room. Seth could hear one talking on the phone with the police as he approached the door.

“I’m not joking Officer, Seth is a demon and he is trying to kill us!” Ritz cried, with fear heavy on his voice. When the officer replied, Ritz just thanked him. He hung up the phone.

“They will be here any minute.” Ritz told his two friends.

“Ay, but the question is now, if they will be here in time.” Seth sneered, as the door to the room opened to his thoughts. The three boys screamed, and one grabbed a pool stick from a nearby wall. Jamal threatened Seth with it, taking a swing at him. Seth just gazed at him unmoving.

“It’s time to repent for the pain you inflicted.” Seth whispered to them. Ritz just fell on all fours and looked down.

“Please, please forgive us. I don’t want to die.” Ritz begged. “I will never hurt anyone again.” Seth laughed.

“You will never be able to do that!” Seth face palmed as he laughed some more. “If you are rotten to the core, there is nothing you can do to save it. Just like a piece of fruit. You can only save partially rotten people, but not one that is rotten all the way through.” He explained. Jamal came at Seth with the pool stick and hit him hard across the head making it snap in two. Seth staggered for a split second, then glared at Jamal.

“You two have always been his slaves, don’t you have minds of your owns?” He asked them. They just looked at each other. “Pathetic, you are like sheep. You are worthless. For this, none of you can repay your debts in this life.” Seth walked forth and stood in front of Ritz. The boy was crying, clearly afraid.

“You now know what fear is, but now you must know pain.” And immediately, Ritz grabbed his head and began screaming. He began to thrash on the ground as if someone was killing him. Seth looked at the other two, and the same thing began to happen to them. Seth forced them to feel all of the pain they had inflicted on others. To endure it in seconds, the pain that they had inflicted within the 3 years they had begun their rampage at school.

Seth left the room, and the blood curdling screams could be heard from the street as he exited the house. Flashing lights could be seen in the distance. The cops were fast approaching. They pulled in front of Seth as he started walking from the house. He just smiled faintly at them. Officer Josh got out and walked up to them. He heard the screaming in the house.

“Is there something I can help you with, Officer Josh?” Seth asked, the man stared at him wide eyed. He didn’t know what to do. Officer Kit ran inside the house, and the screaming finally stopped.

“Just stay there, Seth. Please.” Officer Josh asked. Seth just nodded in agreement. Kit came out of the house.

“They are not harmed…physically.” Kit reported to Josh. “I think they lost their minds” Kit finished, looking at Seth. His eyes full of fear. Seth’s eyes were crimson. Kit walked quickly to the patrol car and called an ambulance. The two officers knew, that Seth had finally gotten his revenge, that the 3 trouble makers were finally put to justice. Then there was no way to prove that Seth did anything. The ambulance arrived, and Josh spoke to Seth away from the others.

“Seth…you got your revenge. I am grateful they are no longer going to terrorize the town, but what you did was wrong. I don’t know what you did…God save your soul for whatever demonic power you got.” He tried to say.

“Don’t worry Josh, It was a onetime thing. I got my wish, now it is gonna get its wish.” Seth replied. He began to walk home. Josh just gaped at his departing form, unable to do anything.

He greeted his mother, once again back to normal. Seth had only this last night with her, and he wanted more than anything to stay with her longer. He walked off to bed late, saying his good nights to her. Silently he said goodbye. Seth went to his room. It was pure darkness, unnatural. He walked in and sat on his bed. He closed the door, and closed his eyes. He was unnaturally tired.

                Seth’s mom awoke the next morning. She went into Seth’s room to wake him up for school. When she opened the door, she saw him lying on his bed uncovered and fully dressed. She shook him to find that he was stiff. She shook him again, and he didn’t stir. She let out a scream of sorrow that could be heard a mile away. She called his name to his dead form. She hugged him, wishing he would come back. Seth had paid the price for his revenge. He had paid it with his life.

 

 

© 2010 Shadow666


Author's Note

Shadow666
Just a random story I wrote, original. May contain grammar or spelling errors. Pay no heed. Please comment and rate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Agood start for a longer book..please divide it up into chapters and continue it...the Demon needs his revenge as well...have him jump into the mother or keep Seth alive for starts ?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my! *shivers of excitement* This is a fantastic story! The imagery, the emotions, and Seth are so well developed! The ending works perfectly, tying everything together. You have done a fantastic job. It would be even more fun if you added a sequel. More souls given to the demons...it'd be fun.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 18, 2010
Last Updated on May 18, 2010

Author

Shadow666
Shadow666

Coure d' Alene, ID



About
I don't post anymore on here. more..

Writing
The last wolf The last wolf

A Chapter by Shadow666


The Wolf The Wolf

A Book by Shadow666


Forgotten Forgotten

A Poem by Shadow666