Prologue: The Rose Labyrinth

Prologue: The Rose Labyrinth

A Chapter by Shadow
"

She wasn't entirely sure what she was running from, just that she needed to get away...

"

She wasn't entirely sure what she was running from, just that she needed to get away. So her feet pounded down on the dark and curious path. The only light seemed to come from the roses scattered in the hedges that made up the labyrinth she was traveling through. There was something in her hand, but she didn't have time to think about what it could be. She just had to keep running.

 

She glanced behind her. A shadowed figure raced behind her, almost matching her pace. She kept going forward, beginning to tire, but knowing she can't stop. She hears something fall to the ground. She comes to an abrupt stop and spins to see the shadowed figure sprawled out on the ground behind her, clutching its side. She goes to help him, but a blinding light stops her in her tracks. Suddenly, a being seemingly made of bright fire stands between her and the shadowy figure, and she could almost swear it was laughing at her. She noticed that the roses were beginning to wither up and die, and for some reason, this made her furious. So she swung the item in her hand at the fiery with all her strength...



© 2012 Shadow


Author's Note

Shadow
This is a very rough first draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

An intriguing prologue. My guess is that this is a dream, but we'll see! You did a good job describing the event without using many words. Short, sweet, and to the point! My favorite combination.

Not much more to say here, I will be continuing to read!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on December 4, 2012
Last Updated on December 4, 2012
Tags: rose, magic, glow, labyrinth, darkness, shadow, light, confusion, run, running, chase, fire, die, wilt, wither


Author

Shadow
Shadow

San Tan Valley, AZ



About
I'm a video editor for a small company that does primarily business videos. I enjoy writing in my spare time. more..

Writing
Chapter 3: Goodbye Chapter 3: Goodbye

A Chapter by Shadow