The Sacred Fire

The Sacred Fire

A Poem by ShadowWolf
"

The Sacred Fire was symbolic of the endurance of a People and the respect they held for the gift they were given.

"
The flames of LIBERTY
That Sacred Fire
Ignited by those
Who demanded to be free
Washington, Jefferson
Hamilton and Paine
So many, so many others
Roared skyward
Lighting the way for the rest of the world

Our nation became a melting pot
Accepting one and all
Blending people of all nations
All color and thought
And from that pot rose
A PEOPLE, proud and strong
AMERICANS with one thought
Simply to be free

Now those flames of LIBERTY
Wavers and dim
Our nation is divided
Divided by �ethnic diversity�
White, Black, Red, and Brown
Each demanding its own special place
Each demanding all others should bow down
All demanding selfishly without thought

In the words of Teddy
�There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.�
Simply stated
There is no such thing as a hyphenated American
One is either an AMERICAN or NOT!

So shove your political correctness
Think of the greater need
The need of this nation
Once again to be a melting pot
ONE PEOPLE, proud and strong
AMERICANS

For from the Book Christians hold so true
From the words of Lincoln so well stated
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
And should this selfishness to continue
This nation surely will fall

REKINDLE THE FIRE OF LIBERTY!

BE AN AMERICAN

© 2008 ShadowWolf


Author's Note

ShadowWolf
Some may find this offensive but that is their right. It is simply time for this country to wake up and take this nation back from those who would destroy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Freedom has always come with responsibility. This is a fact pure and simple. A fact that most Americans forgot long, long ago. The freedoms of Americans have come with many responsibilities most of which were forgotten long, long ago. Now they have forgotten their freedom. And they are giving it up. I shall live within what few freedoms i still have and work very hard to ensure that those who have fought for them, those deeply wounded will savor some degree of peace and happiness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very true, I can relate... You speak the words that others are afraid to, kudos.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very good poem. I am, in fact, Canadian, but I have always felt a respect for the USA ever since I lived there. Freedom does come with responsibility. There's no such thing as a free lunch, as some people always say. Many people are forgetting this. Free to speak? They discriminate. Free to love? They have divorces and abuse sex. Free to work? They get a cheap job where they just slack off all day. Free to learn? HA. Have you SEEN schools lately? Anyways, not that all Americans are bad, but they really need to stop slacking off. Not that strangers from elsewhere shouldn't be welcome, but they just go on abusing the freedom! Some people really need to shape up. Anyways, ShadowWolf, this is an amazing piece of work. I love the word choices.

Keep on writing!

- Steely

Posted 14 Years Ago


You definitely know what you're talking about - I enjoyed it very much. I like how you managed to incorporate the different presidents with the fire of LIBERTY. Very nice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this! Totally agree. I took a political science course a couple years back and the professor said that America used to be a melting pot but now people wanted it to be more like a salad. She said it used to be that when people immigrated here that they wanted to be Americans and were proud to adopt their new, beloved country as their own. Now, sadly, they come here and put it down. I wonder if they don't like it so much why they came?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Offensive? Only to someone bent on the country's demise.

Not a word of this is untrue. If we don't care and if we don't act, then we will get what we deserve.

Well written. Now let's pray others will heed the call.

Gordon

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Those words are famous for a reason, your message so eloquently put still holds true today. An awesome reminder for us all Bob. You nailed it. :+) Excellent writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is excellent hon! very passionate! myself, i wish our entire world could think this way, not just our nation...

Faerie Blessings!

--faerie whisper (breaking the silence...)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The division we are experiencing harkens back to the jungle before civilization existed. Tribes
had to massacre each other to survive. Now with the rampant overpopulation, survival becomes
an issue and everyone is at risk. All animal forms have endured this on their way to extinction.
Our very small voice will not be heard but at least we are warning others with sensitivity and
understanding. As events bring us closer to the end, more will no doubt be listening. Thank
you for your powerful warning. Global warming may be just what we need to get more people
to pay attention, since that will be our common enemy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Freedom has always come with responsibility. This is a fact pure and simple. A fact that most Americans forgot long, long ago. The freedoms of Americans have come with many responsibilities most of which were forgotten long, long ago. Now they have forgotten their freedom. And they are giving it up. I shall live within what few freedoms i still have and work very hard to ensure that those who have fought for them, those deeply wounded will savor some degree of peace and happiness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
9 Reviews
Added on July 16, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Author

ShadowWolf
ShadowWolf

Dallas, TX



About
An "old man", not by choice in the sense of years since I am five years older than dirt and two years older than baseball. Age is simply a state of mind and that being the case then my mind tells me I.. more..

Writing