Lock down

Lock down

A Poem by Wolf
"

We had a lock down today at my school and it reminded me of the columbine shooting which accured April 20,1999

"

Screams of terror down the hall;

 

sounds like thunder all around.

 

Streams of red flowing by;

 

sadness consumes us all.

 

Slowly saying our last goodbyes;

 

We will always remember Columbine High.

© 2010 Wolf


Author's Note

Wolf
let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. So few words, yet a very strong message. The Columbine was definitely a tragedy, but remembering it will stop another columbine from happening.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i had a friend who was dating a guy from there the year Columbine. i went to South high school in denver and i remember watching it on tv....i cried so hard that day, then we had a bomb scare, turns out there was one but it was mostly sulfur

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not just but maybe a month ago at my school a couple of kids came in with guns, and did holy terror on that high school. I am tired of kids going around and killing people and nothing being done. One boy, no names, killed his mother and father, then came to school, left his gun in the back of his truck and went in to class. The school officer was notified by neighbors of the parents death and was trying to find him when another kid walked in with a gun. He was looking for his gf to kill her bc she was pregnant with someone elses kid. When they came to apprehend him, he shot and killed himself in the school. It was something that made all of us look at our kids and want to hold them close. I was stunned bc neither of the children seemed to have a bad life. Just that they had stern parents. This truly made it hit home, and I just wanted to share this with you. You are truly an amazing writer.

Truly & Deeply Yours,
Sarah.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You write well dear friend.
Far from the world of rejections, we are ready to help maximum people get published. We are a non-profit ezine called Golden Apple, with a few budding writers as editors.
I do suggest you submit your work to Golden Apple.
We are looking for and considering submissions right now. However, with Christmas and New Year approaching we are mostly welcoming submissions on these two events.
Here are some more words from us:

The second issue of Golden Apple has started accepting Submissions. It will be based solely on Christmas and definitely sounds very exciting! Our editors have already set themselves to work with the Submissions obtained.

We all aim at making this ezine a really nice and positive one!

Submissions (poems, short stories, sketches, song lyrics and any other) are most welcome. Read our GUIDELINES at

http://goldenappleezine.blogspot.com/2010/10/submissions.html


Have a look at Issue 1: http://goldenappleezine.blogspot.com/2010/10/golden-apple-issue-1-october-2010.html
Thank you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That must have been very scary.......and yes, we forget quickly how young life was so cruelly snatched away.......having two teenagers we only suffered one such incidence in this country on a grand scale and I remember I kept them off school for days, the fear you leave them somewhere safe, only to lose them, they were very young at the time, but I remember thinking I was not ever sending them back!
You have written a very moving tribute.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Simple, short and right into the point with a memory not to forget,
Great job bro...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Columbine High need to be remembered. A sad day for the school system. Somehow we must stop the killing of students in college or High School. Thank you for the reminder. Two years ago a boy at my daughter school was making plans to do the same as Columbine High. We got lucky and he was caught before his plan could be done.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A reminder of what a sad society we live in today.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A harsh reality~

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2010
Last Updated on October 19, 2010

Author

Wolf
Wolf

Franklin, NC



About
Hi im me and your you read my poetry wont you. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Wolf


Your to blame Your to blame

A Poem by Wolf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alice blue Alice blue

A Poem by Robin