Chase It

Chase It

A Poem by Shadowkai
"

In the words of the Meme Master Shia Labeouf, "Don't let your Dreams be Dreams"

"
Dreams are what define us
Not only your actions
Your desires as well 
Yet in the end, 
We believe nothing will matter

Yet we couldn't be wronger
Everything you believe in is important
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Dreams are special and unique,
So are you

Lift your chin
Open your eyes
Look to the stars
Dream a dream
Make it a reality

Dreams are our lives waiting to unfold
Now get up and chase it

© 2015 Shadowkai


Author's Note

Shadowkai
I know my last poem was a bit out of place, I've been in a bit of a slump lately and i was pondering the thought of the afterlife. That helped me realize how short our lives are truly are, so i want all of you to make your lives worth while. Chase your dreams it won't matter if you don't reach them in the end at least you tried. For in the end it is not the destination that matters it's the journey. Now go... go and chase your dreams.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A totally different mood than on the previous one I read from you, but it still clearly represents your own style, and is just as well written. It really gives out the feeling of hope, that maybe life isn't as bad as it sometimes seems. I like the last lines, "Dreams are our lives waiting to unfold - now get up and chase it" that should be written everywhere. :D As the previous one, this poem too, made me want to read it over and over again! I just can't get enough of your style to write poems.
Good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A totally different mood than on the previous one I read from you, but it still clearly represents your own style, and is just as well written. It really gives out the feeling of hope, that maybe life isn't as bad as it sometimes seems. I like the last lines, "Dreams are our lives waiting to unfold - now get up and chase it" that should be written everywhere. :D As the previous one, this poem too, made me want to read it over and over again! I just can't get enough of your style to write poems.
Good job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Viola I like the idea although it does need some tidying as it reads as though it was rushed. Also I'd suggest replacing the word 'wronger' the rest of the piece is not written in this style so it seems very out of place.

- ATC

Posted 8 Years Ago


I agree with your logic and positive thoughts.
"Lift your chin
Open your eyes
Look to the stars
Dream a dream
Make it a reality"
When our dream are gone. What is left? Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is so much tighter than before!! I love that you are actually willing to rework your writing.
If you are willing to go even a little farther, I'd get rid of the conjunctions at the beginning of a lot of the lines. Most of the time you don't need them for the meaning, and it is more powerful to say "Lift your chin" than "So lift your chin."

Posted 8 Years Ago


"Dreams are what define us
Not only your actions
But your desires as well
Yet in the end,
We believe nothing will matter"
First line just got to me! Touched me very deep
Then I carried on reading and as I read I felt uplifted. Motivated. To be a better person. To reach my dreams. To actually make goals I plan on achieving. To be a better me and no to let anyone tell me otherwise!
Being in a very tight situation now, this could not have come at a better time
Thank you very much for sharing this lovely poem!

Aphy

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shadowkai

8 Years Ago

You are oh so very welcome :)
I'm happy my poem was able to help you
The poem delivers. To its says that there's more to life than living and that's good, real good. the miniature problem that there are somethings that are impossible for a lack of existence. Don't mind it though.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Especially considering your age, you are very far along. You are doing great. Here is my suggestion and it looks a lot like viola's down here (Great job Viola!) Poetry is not prose. Every word matters, you need nothing extra. You can say this entire poem with just this:

Dreams are what define us
will always matter
are our (sic) lives waiting to unfold
now get up and chase it.
Not saying that this makes it any better or worse, its your poem not mine- But less is more!


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shadowkai

8 Years Ago

I shall, could you please check some of my other poetry, please?
It would mean a lot
William Gardner

8 Years Ago

Of course, thanks. Later tonight I will take a look.
Shadowkai

8 Years Ago

No, thank you :)
I like this concept, but I think the poem needs tightening. Several of your stanzas seem to be saying the same thing in different ways. Try and pick your favorites. It's hard to cut stanzas you really like, but, for better or worse, it's part of writing. Save them for another poem! For example, I feel like your 2nd and 3rd stanza say very similar things. Do you need both of them? Or can you take your favorite parts of each? I really like your 4th stanza, but it feels like an ending. Both the content and it's brevity compared to the other stanzas. Do you need the last two stanzas? It's not that I don't like them--actually I really like the 5th stanza, but I feel like it is a start to a different poem. Does that make sense?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shadowkai

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much
I thought something felt off
I have tightened it up now and hope it .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2015
Last Updated on October 21, 2015
Tags: Dreams, Chase It, Just Like That

Author

Shadowkai
Shadowkai

Rochester, NY



About
I am a 16 year old writer, i will be posting one to two poems each day. On every Monday i will post additions to "The End of Humanity" and every Wednesday i will add to "Bane of The Darkness". Fridays.. more..

Writing
All Alone All Alone

A Poem by Shadowkai



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..