Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
8 Mile Wake-Up and Painkillers For Breakfast

8 Mile Wake-Up and Painkillers For Breakfast

A Chapter by ShadyWolf
"

Trouble In Paradise.

"

Natalie's room and bathroom are at the end of the hall in her trailer. her mom's bathroom is attached to the room. There is a wall half separating the kitchen and the living room. There is a square punched out of the wall and on it sits a cd player. this is two weeks after the last chapter. Please leave a comment!

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WAKE UP!" someone screams right in my ear. Mom's home. It's been two weeks since my first day at band camp and my mom is already pulling this s**t. I pick up my phone and look at the time."what the f**k! It's three in the f*****g morning! Band camps not till 8!!!!!!!!" I yell back pissed. "well I'm leaving to my card game at my friends. I wanted you to know." She says with a pissed off expression. I sigh and mumble under my breath " I don't give a f**k just leave." " WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" She yells at me. My "Dearest" Mom Picks up a glass cup from my desk near my door and throws it at me. I protect my face with my arms and the glass shatters cutting me. I don't get up until I hear the door slam shut and the gravel fly from under my moms car tires pulling out of the driveway. I limp to my bathroom and swallow down 4 painkillers I was given for my ankle. Way too much but i've had past drug run in's and iv'e been craving more ever since. 'I'll take another one before I leave with Marshall' i thought.  I Walked into the kitchen to make breakfast, and i'm startled when I heard knocking at the door. I open it and Marshall and Deshaun are standing there. " Hey guys!" I exclaim genuinely happy that they are here. I go to hug them but remember that my arms are cut and i didn't clean them. Dried blood stuck to my skin. Small glass shards stuck out and fresh blood ran down my arm. " Natalie who did this?" Both Marshall and DeShaun asks as they walk in. " My mom. We got into a fight." I simply state. " Where's your bathroom?" Deshaun asks. I point towards it. Marshall sits me down in a chair at the small table and sits beside me. " Are you sure your O.K?" He asks. I nod and smile as Deshaun comes back with cotton balls, bandage wraps, peroxide and my painkillers. He smiles at me and grabs my first arm. " This might sting so just bare with me OK?" He picks out the glass and touches the cotton ball to my skin. I scream out in pain but he finishes cleaning and wrapping both arms and gives me a small hug and another smile. I pick up the bottle of painkillers. " DeShaun where did you find these?" i ask. I knew that I hid them deep in my medicine cabinet. He shrugs unknowingly. " Found em' thought you might need them after all you were prescribed them and you have four other refills, so it must be important." I give a small smile . We just met two weeks ago yet Marshall and DeShaun care so much. It's nice. I open the bottle and take two more with a glass of water. I look at Marshall and his face seems to have that I know somethings up look. The one you usually get from your parents when you try and hide something. " So it's five o'clock and band camps not till eight. Who wants breakfast?" I say. Marshall and Deshaun look at each other and say " As long as your making it." I pull milk out of the fridge along with butter and eggs. I get out the Bisquick and start to whip up pancake batter with scrambled eggs. I soon make a stack of pancakes. I place all the food on the table along with syrup plates and forks and cup of milk for all of us. They both dig into the food, as do I, and we gobble it all down in fifteen minutes which killed a little time. Marshall offered to put the plates in the sink and I remembered it i don't clean up the trailer mom will probably kill me. " Guys, i need you to just chill here and watch T.V or something cause I gotta clean." Shaun was the first one to say something. He jumped of the couch and said " We'll help! Right Marshall." Marshall said nothing and Shaun hit him in the chest. " What? Oh, Yeah we'll help!" He said finally getting up off the couch. " Thanks guys. Can you clean up the whole kitchen area. That means everything on top of the tile." Marsh just rolls his eyes " Yes we know just go clean or whatever." I stick my tongue out and walk down the hallway to my room. I throw away all the trash and hang up my clothes and put the dirty ones in the laundry basket. I do the same things to my mom's room. I clean my bathroom and I'm surprised to find my mom's is already clean. " Che. cause she's never here." I say out loud. I walk into the living room and pick up everything. Marshall and Deshaun help. By the time the whole house is clean it's seven forty. " We better get goin'" Marshall says. I grab my backpack and my keys. I lock the door behind us and we all pile into Marshall's truck. The engine starts up and we head over to the school. I turn on the radio and one of 50 Cent's songs are on. I can't tell which one though. " So Natalie, didn't know you lived on 8 Mile." DeShaun said to me attempting to make small talk.  I smile a llitle. " Yeah, my dad divorced my mom and she wanted to move here for some reason. 8 mile was the only place we could afford." I explain. DeShaun just nods. " Hey since tomorrow's Friday how bout you come to the party tomorrow? The senior drummers and holding it at the section leaders house." I inwardly smile, " Sounds cool. I'm down." Shaun just smiles. " Cool."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~10 minutes later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Band Ah'Ten'Hut!" The drum major yells out. " Alright guys! Beginning set of Mars!" We run to our sets. Marshall and I stand In the middle of the field for the beginning. The drum majors count of and we begin to tap on our drums as we march circles around each other. We stop playing and do a small fight scene. He throws a drum stick at me and i catch it and throw it back. The color guard is fighting around us with red silk-ed flags and the band was split evenly in half. One side for each of us. We start tapping again. Our two sides crisscross between each other and to many other battles and visuals. Then Me and Marshall meet at the center again. The color guard faces each other in a row in front of us as the rest of the band stops and Marshall plays his drum solo. He starts on his drum and then goes back and forth between both of our snares. The color guard pretends to fist fight each other. Marshall's side appears to be winning but then it was my turn. I start to tap away and i rap under my breath to the beat. I toss both drum stick in the air and steal Marshall's. I drop his to the floor and catch mine and finish the last measure. After i tap the last note my side of the color guard knocks Marsh's side to the floor and yell in unison " KA!" The band starts playing and joins together. Marshall and I weave back into the band and my side of the color guard pulls me out and forms a half circle around me as i go to the front of the field facing the stands as i dramatically tap the last note and the color guard tilts their silks over me creating a curtain. The Drum major cuts off the band and everyone claps. Josh runs up to me " Nice job! But remember Wolf that part is interchangeable. If Marshall beats you, you must give up." " Alright, Alright." I say with a smirk as we go inside and break for sectionals. We take a break for water and food and i sit next to Marshall and DeShaun. " Hey guys." I say. Marshall stays silent and crosses his arms. Deshaun nudges him." Don't worry he's just grumpy cause he got beat." " AM NOT!" Marshall yells back. After the little fight we go to sectionals Me and DeShaun mess around for the rest of the sectional and Marshall stays grumpy. Afterwords he took me home. Before I could jump out of the car Shaun speaks up. " Hey can i hang with you for a while Nat?" I give a small non visible smile. " Sure. Marsh you wanna hang?" I ask looking at him. " Nah i gotta go take care of Nathan. See ya guys later tonight." He drives of and I look at Shaun. " Later Tonight?" He laughs " Tell you when it get's closer to the time were leaving." " Aright..." I say a little suspicious. We go into the living room and sit down and I start to work on my summer reading logs. He gets up but I don't think much of it. Sooner or later I hear 50 Cent's Rendition of "Best Friend" Come through the speakers of my CD player. He blasts it and I just laugh. " Care to dance?" He asks me. All I do is nod. We dance with each other until the song ends and goes to a new one. We both fall on the couch laughing. We get back to reading after a while. Three hours later we finish and he finally says " Alright, go get pretty." " Wait. What? Where are we going?!" " To the club." He replies. I just give him a look and say " We're not old enough. All he does is pull out fake i'ds and i smile and nod. I go to my bathroom and take a quick shower. I curl my hair and put on perfume. I dress in a Hunter green mini skirt and a black low cut shirt whit cut out sleeves and a white howling wolf on it. I put on some small black kitten heels and walk out. I come out to see DeShaun out of his exercise clothes and in saggy pants a green polo and a red hat. He whistled and I punch him in the arm. " Come on Marshall's outside." We walk outside and Marshall is out side with a blue polo and baggy jeans on with a pretty beat up pair of Nikes. " He smiles. " You look nice Nat." " Thanks. You too." I say back smiling. He drives us over and we get into the club without trouble. we sit at a small booth and order drinks. They act supprised. " What?" I say. " I'm not a goody two shoes, alright. Rules are meant to be broken." I give a smirk and we toast to that. I pop another painkiller and drink a small sip of my vodka. We all get up to dance. Marshall asks to dance with me and I do. DeShaun seemed down when i started to dance with him but then he went to dance with some strange girl. After a while of dancing Marshall leans in and kisses me. Timidly but at the same time firmly. I blush but run to the bathroom. I splash my face with water and re-apply makeup. I pop another painkiller and walk back to our booth. I see DeShaun sitting there and I sit next to him. " Where we you?" He asks. " Bathroom." I simply state. He nods. We start dancing again and after a few hours pass i see Marshall on the other side of the dance floor dancing and kissing  some girl. In my rage I go up and tap her shoulder. She turns around and I punch her so hard she gets knocked out. My hand broke but in my adrenaline I feel not pain. " WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT!" Marshall yells at me. " YOU DON'T GO AROUND KISSING RANDOM GIRLS A*****E!" I yell back. We start making a scene. I see security out of my peripheral vision. " I'LL DO WHAT I WANT B***H!" He yells at me. Me raised his hand and backhands me. I fall to the floor. After a few seconds of shock i stand back up and punch him in the jaw. He holds his face as I walk out the door before security could throw me out. I go outside and go to a bus stop and sit at the bench. I take off me heels and jump on the bus once it gets there. I pay the fee and sit down. I curl up in the seat and stare out the window and start to cry. The city looks nice but I can't enjoy it. I get off at my stop and run to  my house. I lock the door and run to my room. My shoes were thrown to the side and I curl in bed and cry myself to sleep. Make-up streaking my face. I knew I wasn't going to band camp tomorrow. You Couldn't pay me enough.



© 2012 ShadyWolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012
Tags: Eminem, Marching Band, romance