intros and drummers

intros and drummers

A Chapter by ShadyWolf

This is set in twenty eleven and i'm going to model it after my marching band season. twenty eleven was the start of my freshman year, but i was in color guard not D-line. All other rappers exist, EXCEPT Eminem ( obviously). R for future... things and bad language in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          I walk into the band room the first day of band camp. My electric green ear-buds in my ears blasting the newest rap music. I adjust the strap of my green and black sports top and shove my way through the crowded stinky room. I make my way up the hideously carpeted steps of the band room and open the drum room door. I scan the room. All of the drummers are here and i was the last one. Great. I shut the door behind me and all the drummers turn to look. " Hi." I simply state, taking out one of my ear buds. Our section leader responds back first, " Hi. Glad you made it, Wolf. Your brothers told me a lot about you." My brothers whom have already graduated and were also snare players.Everyone calls me wolf. Not just because it's my last  name but because i have unusual gray brown hair and sharp, piercing green eyes. " Well everyone, gather round! Intro time!" He yells unenthusiastic. everyone arranges themselves, sitting in a circle jutting off from the ends of a couch put snugly in the middle of the large drum room. The seniors took their place on the couch with the section leader in the middle, and it started: " I'm Josh, your section leader i play tenor," he began  then it was Sami, a snare player and a junior, Marcus ( a senior) , Renee ( freshman), Jenna (senior),  Michael ( junior) and  Caleb ( sophomore), who are all on the base line. Then three more tenor players; Adrian, DeShaun and Kristina who are a junior, freshman and senior respectively.The rest of the snare line began. A guy named Zachery who is a sophomore, and a girl named named Rachel ,another senior, introduce themselves. Finally I hear the last voice speak up " Hi. I'm Marshall Mathers, a snare player and a freshman." He roped me in. Beautiful blue eyes, blonde hair that i can tell was dyed and a smooth voice. Before I could scan him any further, Josh started talking again, " Okay! Pick up your drums and lets get out there and march!" Cheers exploded in the room and a rustle to find harnesses and drums. I pick up my cold metal snare harness and attach the drum. I whip my newly taped, white drum sticks out of my soccer short pocket and tune the drum.All of the drummers slowly file out of the room organized by drum. I stand right behind Marshall and can't help but imagine his face again. After a while I hear someone snapping in front of my face. I snap out of my dream to find Marshall facing me. " Hey are you okay?" He asks me a little impatiently. I immediately respond, " Yeah sorry. Just having a day dream that's all." I hear a small chuckle escape his lips. " Well pay attention because were starting now. They're passing out drill sheets and music." He laughs at my answer too, " Oh. Cool. Awesome." I know that the reason he laughed because my answer probably sounded nervous and rushed. I mentally slap myself. Smooth Natalie smooth.



© 2012 ShadyWolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012
Tags: Eminem, Marching band, band