Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Shaekira

 

 

Summary:

            Rosalyn Starr, Rosie to her friends, is a simple city girl with big hopes and dreams, but is still trapped in her own crucial reality. She lives as an intern to the world famous model, Kelly Roberts. Still going to private school and juggling an awfully full schedule, she didn’t even have time for her friends. Maybe that’s why she didn’t get the memo that Zach Daniels was coming back to town.

            Zachary Daniels, Zach to the world, had once lived in the major city of New York long ago when he was a kid, but his father had moved them across the country to California in search of fame. And when his father had been shut down, Zach had been discovered, landing his first role of fairly many. But being America’s favorite actor didn’t give him the best attitude, sleeping with as many women he felt like, getting drunk every other night, fighting in bars and getting kicked out for being underage. But once Zach gets his second arrestment for drunk driving, his father has had enough of it. Canceling all movie/TV show appearances, he’s taking Zach back to his roots, back to New York where he’ll “disappear” off the face of the planet for a while.

            When these two end up in the same school, living next door to each other, Rosie can’t help despising Zach. But will hate be the perfect ingredient for love? Will Rosie end up falling for Zach? Or will she end up making the biggest mistake to dodge such an absurd question?

 

 

 

 

Chapter One

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. -Bill Cosby

 

            “Get up!” Zach sluggishly rolled over sitting up on his fore arm, staring at his father. His head ached like crazy, the alcohol making his father’s words pound in his brain making him wince and clutched his head.

            “Stop yelling!” Zach hissed through gritted teeth.

            “I’ll yell if I feel like it Zach,” his father threw something down on his bedside table. A magazine with Zach plastered on the front in. He was against a car, his car, being handcuffed. “That’s the second one this week.”

            “So what?” Zach moaned burying his face back in the pillow.

            “That was the last straw,” Zach turned her head to stare up at his father.

            “What do you mean?”

            “That was it, I warned you,” his father scowled, wrinkling at the smell of alcohol as neared closer. He eyed his son who looked completely wrecked. An eighteen year old alcoholic actor was not what he saw the first time he laid eyes on his first son. Zach had been the most beautiful baby to be born most likely, and he’d been a good boy too until he turned fourteen. Since then he’d started smoking, drinking, driving, hooking up with girls, and over the four years it just got worse. Vandalizing, assault, jaywalking, public nudity, drunk driving, anything beside murder basically. But it was a matter of time if he didn’t stop Zach now…

            “What are you talking about?” Zach frowned through squinted eyes. His blue eyes searched his fathers green ones.

            “Start getting packed, we’re taking a little trip,” his dad smiled. All Zach could do was stare at him as he exited the room smiling.

            “Little trip?” He frowned now alone, then he realized what he meant. “What little trip!”

            He hurried and climbed out of bed, wincing as a head-rush hit him making him fall back onto the bed groaning in agony.

            “We leave at ten,” his dad simply called back. Ten…in the morning? Looking over at the clock he groaned. Nine. A trip? To where?

 

*          *          *

 

            Zach stared at his father’s back as he checked them in at the airport. He could just imagine chocking him. How could he do this to him? Leave Hollywood for Yonkers? How long has it been since he lived there? Twelve years? He wouldn’t know a soul there, most likely not one who still lived there. Everyone moved right? And the old little cottage that he’d once live in must be having someone occupying it. And now that he came to think of it, he remembered once why that little house had meant so much to him. Next door had lived a girl that he’d probably never see. He hadn’t forgotten her at all, his first crush of very, very many. Rosalyn Starr had been her name. She’d always followed him around asking all sorts of odd questions, being the best friend he never wanted and never admitted to having, even when people said he had cooties she’d shoved them our sucker punch them in the gut with her tiny fist and tell them to “get off my case, bozo!”

            Rosalyn Starr… She’d been the finest thing back then; he wondered what happened to her. Where was Little Rosie Starr at anyhow?

            “Five minutes,” Zach’s father sighed coming and sitting back next to him.

            “Where are we going?” Zach’s younger brother, Benny Daniels, asked. Zach just groaned as though he were the biggest idiot on the planet.

            “No where, shrimp,” Zach growled, poking him in the forehead. “Go back to your video games, and fantasies of Naomi Campbell.”

            Benny blinked, surprised his brother knew of his future wife. He was sure Naomi would wait for him even if he was only a twelve year old kid. He blushed and Zach took it as a conformation.

            “Shut up,” Benny grumbled putting back in his earplugs and continuing his game of Angry Birds.

            “Stop being so mean to your brother,” their father frowned, his brown wrinkling, Zach reach over and flicked one, making his father jump back in surprise.

            “You’re not getting any younger Clyde,” Zach chuckled without humor. “You can’t stop me from living when you’re already practically dead.”

            Clyde Daniels stared at his son.

            “Watch your step son,” Clyde said darkly. “Hell may be coming for you sooner then you think.”

            They fell silent until their plane number was called.



© 2012 Shaekira


Author's Note

Shaekira
Review and Rate!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012


Author

Shaekira
Shaekira

Melbourne, FL



About
SHAEKIRA’S BACK It’s that time of year guys! My first full year on Booksie has arrived and your about to be blown away by the incredible things I’ve began to do! .. more..

Writing
My Muse My Muse

A Book by Shaekira