Out Of The Blue

Out Of The Blue

A Story by Katriya
"

Manjo goes the whole hog to save his father's life.

"

Out of the Blue

Max, Manjo's father, had been suffering from stomach pain since June. Max claimed he had the pain after consuming fried sweet potato. He was treated by several doctors.. The pain subsided for a short period before reappearing. Manjo decided to take his father to 'Miracure,' a renowned hospital in the city, on the advice of a friend.

Dr. Ramaswamy examined Max thoroughly and declared that he had pancreatic cancer, which could not be treated as it was too late. He further said that, had he brought him a month earlier, something could have been done.

 However Dr.Ramaswamy provided painkillers and counselled Manjo to treat his father with love and kindness so that he might live happily for the rest of his life.


Manjo was awfully upset! Max was unaware of his illness He believed that the painkillers prescribed by Dr. Ramaswamy would help him recover. A week later Manjeline, his 14 year old daughter rushed to her father and told him about the Physician ‘Refin’.


Her friend had told that he was a genius in treating cancer. But Manjo sadly informed her that Dr Ramaswamy had said that the deadline of Max’s treatment was over. Manjo regretted not having taken his dad’s illness seriously before. Manjeline insisted that they can still have a try. Manjo found her words convincing


So off went Manjo in search of the physician’s clinic which he learnt was 800km away His relatives debated on his foolishness in going 800 km away seeking a solution to such an intricate problem. However our protagonist who loved his dad ardently didn’t mind their disapproval. He only wished the ultimate outcome to be positive.


. As per tradition his family and relatives recited prayer in a group and then Manjo and his family set off to Dr. Refin’s clinic. His friends discussed about the psychological problems of an unexpected failure of his father’s treatment on Manjo.


He finally arrived at his destination. It was a lovely spot, like something out of a fantasy novel, with a small building surrounded by greenery. Manjo soon met Dr. Refin, the physician, and discussed about his father's illness. Dr. Refin asked Manjo to get his dad admitted in his little but tidy clinic at once.  When asked about his fee, Dr. Refin charged him Rs 50,000 as against his usual charge of one lakh rupees for the treatment.


 The entire family was exhausted and worn down. The doctor's attendant brought them some sort of drink, which was offered to Max too.. All of them savoured it for it was cool and refreshing. Max was allotted a room. Manjo was immensely pleased with the magical atmosphere of the place. His confidence soared sensing the sudden energy in his dad. He looked more robust. Mrs Manjo and her mother-in- law stayed with Max while the others returned to their home.

Max was often taken for a stroll and some exercises by Dr. Refin's attendants, who also gave him medicines. The treatment continued for a month. Manjo and his family saw his transformation. He appeared to be more robust and stronger.

Towards the end of the month Dr. Refin said Max could be discharged from the hospital because he was cured of his illness. Thus Max with his family returned home hale and hearty.


Manjo took Max to ‘Miracure’ hospital for a check-up. The doctor was taken aback when he saw Max, who had appeared skinny and fragile when he had first arrived. 'This is nothing short of a miracle,' Doctor Ramaswamy exclaimed after a thorough examination. I do want to meet Dr. Refin!!!”

Dr. Ramaswamy along with Manjo travelled 800kms to meet Dr. Refin, but surprisingly Dr. Refin had gone away on a certain mission and the clinic had been shut down!


(If you really care, your sincerity and hard work will be rewarded! )


© 2022 Katriya


Author's Note

Katriya
Request your valuable feedback. Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the story and the unexpected ending. I was getting nervous to meet the new doctor. All good sir.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
1 Review
Added on May 9, 2022
Last Updated on May 26, 2022
Tags: impossible, miracle

Author

Katriya
Katriya

Bangalore, Hal, India



About
I trust in God and righteousness. My belief :People behave as they shouldn't when they have problems. more..

Writing
Sweeto Sweeto

A Story by Katriya