Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by GraffitiOnTheMoon
"

This ones in Rosaline's diary!!! Dont be confusedd!

"
22nd November, 1692
Journal,

It has almost been a year since I was accused. Since then, Charlie, Benji, and I have been through things that no being should have to go through. But, now.. We've escaped. Dr. Isiah adopted us to be his family, and now we have warm, dry beds and water to bathe in. We are fed 3 meals a day, that actually taste like something. When we told him what happened to us, he didn't turn us in. Actually, he didn't look at all surprised when he figured out we were fugitives.
Charlie and I share a room. Since Benji is still sick, he sleeps in the spare sick room, with more pillows than i've seen in my entire life. And I've seen a lot of pillows. When i woke up this morning, there was a leather diary on the kitchen table with my name imprinted in gold lettering. Next to it, a fedora, obviously for Charlie. It looks quite nice on him, to tell the truth.
Benji has got a knack for art. Isiah bought him a sketchbook, and half the pages are already full with paintings of nature and flowers and minstrels in the street. We are not allowed to leave the house, though, for fear that a jail man would recognize us as one of the accused and take us back. Hopefully this epidemic will end soon, for I crave the scent of fresh air and the feel of snow in my hands. 
Yesterday, on the 21st, Charlie and I sat looking out our bedroom window, side by side. I remember our conversation quite well.It went a little like this:
" The more things change the more things stay the same, Rose." He said.
" What do you mean by that?"
" Think about it."
I thought about it for the longest time, but still didn't realize what i was missing. " I don't know, Charlie." I said, staring out the window at a homeless man with  frostbit hands covered in rags, feeling like he should come inside and get warmed before it was more than his hands that were going to fall off.
"Well, for one," He said, " We're still trapped. We can't leave, because if we do, there could be consequences." He stopped for a moment. "And we're still seperated by a wall."
I looked over and nodded. Isiah had set up a sheet between our beds for privacy.
" That's true. But at least we don't have to be criminals just to see each other. Or eat...whatever that was." 
"One more thing." He turned his chair to face me.
"Which is?" 
" I still love you just the same." He pulled a strand of my -now clean- hair behind my ear.
I blushed. "Thanks," I muttered, looking down. He put a hand on my chin and lifted it so we were eye to eye.
"No, really. I have- This entire time. It's impossible to ignore you when you're around, and I just..." His voice trailed off and his green eyes got a little bit greener. " I can't help it."
I smiled, and touched a strand of his hair, which was getting a little long. "You need a haircut, mister." I teased. 
"I'll get a haircut when I need one." He teased back. "You look sad. What's wrong?" He got serious.
"Nothing- just thinking, is all." 
"About what?"
Truthfully, I was thinking about every moment i spent with him, but of course i didnt say that. " Your eyes," I said, looking into them. They were very nice, and really green, with just a little blue in there. They looked as if they were smiling along with his mouth..I liked that.
"Do you like them?" He leaned in closer, our noses touching.
"They are very beautiful." I commented.
"Thanks, Rosaline." I could smell his breath only inches from my nose, and it wasn't bad, not at all. He looked down at my lips, and my heart stopped for a split second. His thumb traced the side of my face, and i played with his still too long hair.
He got even closer, taking a deep breath. "Rosaline, if you do not love me, I can understand. But don't judge what I am about to do, because I cannot live another day without it." 
He kissed me.


© 2012 GraffitiOnTheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012