Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by GraffitiOnTheMoon

I was stopped on the side of the road by Charlie, who grabbed me into a huge hug. "Hey...Rosaline, it's alright. It's alright. Shh....." I pulled away from him, wiping my eyes. 
"Where's Haley?" I said, almost panicking because I couldn't see her. " I'm fine, okay? But where is she?"
"She's still in the road, waiting for us. Come on, we have to wish her a happy birthday, remember?" Okay. I remembered. I had to be strong and act happy. Okay.
"Rosaline!" Charlie said when I took off running to the next street. "Wait up!"  I wouldn't stay behind. I had to get to my little sister. She was smiling as big as ever, as if she wasn't just abused less than 10 minutes ago. I grabbed her hands and tried to get some negative emotion out of her- how long had he done this to her that she didn't feel the sadness of abuse?
"Haley, I-" I took a shuddery breath before going on. " I had no idea this happened to you. I'm so sorry." 
"It's fine, Rose. Honestly. He did that enough times i've learned he only does it to make me hurt, so I don't hurt anymore. Make sense?" Oh, my god. I hugged her to me. 
"Haley, yes, it makes sense. It just isn't the right way of thinking, okay? Let the hurt come out. We're going home, alright?" She had grown up so much. Her tone of voice was different, her smile different, even her posture was stiffer and not the carefree posture she had when I left. Had she really changed this much in only a year?
"We're not going to jail, right?" She asked. I took her hand and walked over to Charlie, who stood a good distance away to give us space.
"No, no, we've found a new home. You can even play with Charlie's brother, he's about your age." I said.
"Oh, okay!" She sounded like she used to again. I smiled.
"And happy birthday!" I said.
"Yeah, happy birthday!" Charlie said in a overly happy voice, like he was talking to a five year old. I glared at him, and he seemed to get the point.
"I'm nine!" She squealed. " I forgot!" 
"We're gunna celebrate, okay? Lets get home first, it's not that far." I said, smiling, and we found another cab guy, only this time he was fat and had a expensive wig on.
"Hi, sir, we're going to Peabody." I told him, leaning in and -yuck- smelling his rancid odor.
"Okay, little lady. It'll be 3 shillings."
"Uh, sir.." I stuttered. "We don't have any money."
"Oh, well then," I was sure he was going to kick us out of his cart, until he said, "You can pay me by something else, lady."
"How?" I said, shooting a quick glance over at Charlie, who was rapidly shaking his head no.
"Back in that alley, do you see it?" I nodded. " Back there is a man, who will ask you if you know me. Say, yes, I do, and I need my fare paid. Okay?" I nodded again, and got out of the car. " He should nod at you and hand you money for the fare, since he is a good man. Be back here in ten minutes."
I walked off towards the direction of the dark alley, waving to Charlie and Haley, who were looking very frightened of making small talk with the guy for ten minutes.
"Hi," I said to this guy in a fedora and a suitcoat smoking a cigarette next to the brick wall of a store. 
" You know Will." He said it more as a statement than a question.
"Yes."
"Need your fare paid." I nodded.
"Come here, then, and you'll work for your money." He spat the dead cigarette on the ground.
"Work?" I paled, not expecting this.  
"Yeah, he didn't tell you?" He gave a dark chuckle. " Of course not. Then they'd all go runnin'."
"Er-" I started backing away. "I'll just go-"
"No, you won't. Your already in my company, little lady. I'm not letting you go until you get your job done." He pulled a black piece of cloth from his pocket. "Put this on." 
"Why? What are you gonna do to me?" I said, shaking my head rapidly and walking backwards. He grabbed ahold of my hands with one of his large ones, and put the blindfold over my eyes. I heard clanking as he bound my hands together behind my back. "What's going on?!" I shouted, and I was laid down on the ground, my blouse being undone.
"It'll all be over in a few minutes, little lady." He whispered into my ear.


© 2012 GraffitiOnTheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on May 30, 2012
Last Updated on May 30, 2012