Denial

Denial

A Chapter by BodilessSoul
"

Amy finds her boyfriend kissing another girl after school and though she blabs it to her friends, she seems to not want to come to terms with it. (Warning: Curse words)

"

I was on a diet but that was quickly pushed to the back of my head as a Java Chip Frappuccino chanted my name over and over. Amy, it called, Amy, you need me.  Amy, you want me.  Amy, I am fattening but holly s**t you want me.

 

Holly s**t, I so did.

 

"Amy, you're going to choke if you keep chugging down that drink.  Starbucks isn't cheap so you best savor that taste," Stacey said in her shrill voice, that one annoying, rebellious curl bouncing in front of her eyes as she spoke. 

 

"Let the poor girl chug to her heart's desire, Stacey.  She's seen enough to give her the right to down four Java Chips," Sam mumbled as she drank whatever strange tea concoction she'd ordered.  Chi Tea Frappuccino, was it?  Ew.

 

"Guys, I am not chugging.  Technically, you can't chug through a straw so, Stacey, chill.  I will not die of Starbucks today," I said, rolling my eyes.  Sam snorted then continued to lick the whip cream off the end of her straw.  (We were all culprits when it came to this.  Who can resist that whipped cream goodness?  And how else were you supposed to get the dang stuff out?)

 

"Maybe not of Starbucks but of other things? Probably," she retorted with a wag of her straw.  Stacey groaned.

 

"Speaking of 'other things'," Stacey emphasized by making quotation marks in the air, "What. A. J-"

 

"Jerk," Sam intervened with a warning look towards Stacey. 

 

"Oh come on, you might not be able to curse but I sure as hell can," Stacey grumbled as Sam rolled her eyes and sighed.  "Anywho," Stacey continued, "what the hell was he thinking?"

 

"I donno... maybe Kevin wasn't kissing her.  Maybe she came on to him," I mumbled, twirling my straw around the inside of the now empty cup.  Stacey rolled her eyes and I shrugged. "Hey, it could've happened," I defended.

 

"Yeah, and she could've been an alien that knows brain control.  So, like, she made him stick his tongue into her mouth and continue her 'come on'," Sam ranted.  I stared at her for a good solid minute before shaking my head.

 

"Dude, too many SciFi movies," I said.  Sam sighed.

 

"Not the point.  I was trying to send across that it doesn't matter who started the kiss.  The fact that your boyfriend decided to make-out with her is enough to make him a total jerky turkey," Sam said with conviction.  Stacey burst out laughing, accidentally sending a lil' piece of ice that was in her mouth into the hair of the woman sitting at the table behind me.  I bit my tongue from saying anything since neither the woman or Stacey had noticed what had just happened.

 

"Seriously... I can't take you seriously when you use phrases like 'jerky turkey' instead of things like 'a*s hole'," Stacey said as she tried to compose herself.  Sam rolled her eyes and went back to sipping her alien green guck.

 

"I think it's refreshing not to hear curse words every five seconds, Stacey," I remarked as I eyed her.  She grinned.

 

"I think it's refreshing to let people know exactly what's on my mind and since curse words were in my mind, I said them," Stacey shot back.  Sam waved her hand, as if to dismiss the whole thing.

 

"That's beside the point.  Amy, stop trying to steer the conversation elsewhere.  We're talking about Kevin here and I say you confront him about it," Sam declared.

 

"I say you dump the a*s wipe," Stacey grumbled.  Sam pursed her lips but I could see she wanted to a) laugh and b) agree.  I stared down at my cup, the Java Chip no longer chanting to me any advice now that I'd done the deed of eating its fatty goodness.

 

"I say I'm just going to let it go.  I don't think he did anything.  I think he was just the unlucky receiver of someone's unrequited love," I said with a shrug. 

 

Sam groaned and Stacey dropped her head to the table with a bang.

 

"Did I say something wrong?"

 



© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great! (i'm reviewing because i feel like it!)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Did she say something wrong? YES! lol. No, Amy, no... run for the hills, and as Stacey so eloquently suggested: 'dump the a*s wipe!'
I love her conversation with the Java Chip the most. It was absolutely adorable;
the struggle between what you know is good for you vs. what's good to you. :)



Posted 14 Years Ago


So far it's fantastic, and I live it!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2009
Last Updated on July 11, 2009


Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..