Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 7:

Back in hell a demon is flying hastily through the corridors near the throne room, nervous of Dervish’s response. Gradually the demon opens the throne room doors walking inside to address Dervish.
  “My liege I have returned”, the small demon announces slowly bowing in allegiance. Dervish remains seated impassively, eyes slit. “Tell me, what news do you bring me?” The demon nervously flaps its wings in a twitch shuffling its feet. “Have you found Matius?”, Dervish demands. The demon shakes nervously thinking of flying away. “Yes, he is…was in the wildlands. With a group of angels and… It seems they have a means of stopping you”. Dervish slams his fist into the throne armrest. “Impossible!.. They can’t stop me”, he blasts before gathering his thought, “…Unless…where are they heading now?” The demon jumps in shock, lowering its head. “They are going to the library of ages… ummm they are looking for a weapon of old. Called the  …“
  Before the demon can finish trails of ash trails suddenly grip the demon. “Sire... you’re choking me...”, it shrieks, clutching onto the ash. “Did you hear my orders specifically?”, Dervish utters, “You should have stopped them, before they have the chance to LEAVE! If they get their hands on it everything will be ruined do you understand?”. Dervish suddenly releases the small demon as coughs and sputters for air. “Sorry master”, as it flies away in panic. Just as this happens a soldier walks into the room. “What do you want to see me for?” The soldier questions, looking to Dervish. Dervish turns towards the soldier, “get our men ready now!” . The soldier bemused looks back at Dervish, “but sire our men we are not yet ready”. “JUST GET them READY!”, Dervish blasts watching as the soldier runs away in panic.

The throne room silent Dervish calms himself in thought, “the Library of Ages. If we could win this war…all it’s knowledge, everything in there will be ours to know. We will know their secrets, their greatest weapons and fears”. Dervish laughs to himself looking to the window, “heaven falls today”.

Both Matius and Dervish other arrive back on normal heaven amongst a crowd of angels, standing ahead of them is Ivan other waiting in patience. Both Matius and Dervish other approach him in greeting. “About time you got here”, Ivan other remarks looking to Dervish other, “so how did it go?” Dervish other gives a smile looking at Matius, “it went well. Matius understands his true power now…although we nearly had a problem”, laughing to himself.
  From the crowd of people a group of robed figures notice Matius and Dervish other approaching them, removing their hoods. “Ahh you are all here, excellent.”, the council head greets, “Now then we just need to wait for our guide” The head of the council looks for an individual  amongst the crowd. Seeing his man he turns back towards the group beckoning them to follow his lead.

He walks towards the angel, dressed in long robes with scrolls shoved into his pockets. “Camael have you accomplished the tasks that I left for you?”. Camael moves his glasses up his nose, “Yes sir, I’ve located it on level 831. Just as you predicted”. The council head gives a smile patting Camael, “good work my friend”. The council head turns towards the group, “This is Camael, the head librarian of the library of ages. A skilled man with the passion for books and knowledge”. The whole ground looks at Camael who adjusts his glasses looking to Matius. “Ahh…you must be Matius, son of Sousan. I’ve looked into your life. It seems the past is catching up to the present”, he states.
  “What do you mean by that, the past is catching up to the present?” Matius questions in confustion. “Well you are a son of Sousan… if I’m right and Dervish, is the son of Kravos as we now know. Both Sousan and Kravos were brothers but they bore hatred between them, from what we know. You should know that Sousan was the successor and Kravos passed away, by Sousan’s own sword…What we don’t understand is how Dervish is Kravos son”. Camael clears his throat adjusting his glasses as the head turns towards him. “Could you lead us the way?”, the head questions slightly irritated. “Sure…no problem council head”, Camael preclaims going into his pockets leading the way.

They are lead down a long marble corridor passing angels dressed in robes. “Do you have the necessary clearance items?”, the council head questions turning to Camael as the walk. “Don’t worry I’ve come prepared”, he replies confidently waving as a passing angel. Matius turns towards one of the robed angels in confusion, “Why does he need clearance items?”. The robed angel turns to Matius calmly, “It’s simple. ‘The library of Ages’ contains secret information that would be dangerous in the wrong hands. Anything ancient or threatening is categorized into different levels. The higher the number the more valuable the information. There are also records of deceased people, even the greatest heroes or heretics in our time”.
  As they walk Dervish other looks outside to the fascinating land that is heaven, with many peaceful waterfalls, villages of white and homes built elegantly. Up above creatures of heaven fly of into the distance. “I wish our heaven was like this”, Dervish other states as Ivan other approaches him. “We are not the ones to blame for what happened to it…”, he states, “it was all that archangel’s doing, Immeadies. Remember that!” Dervish other sighs as they continue walking. “You need to stop hurting! You need to be strong for what’s to come”, Ivan other utters as everyone stops walking.

“Okay everyone we’re here”, the council head declares. Everyone stops talking as they enter a large circular area, angelic symbols covering the ground by their feet. Walls all around the room, with not a single window. Camael heads towards the wall grabbing one of the blue glowing torches that hang around the room, the flames flickering. He then approaches the center drawing out symbols onto the marble floor. Finished he lifts the torch watching the floor in expectance. Several seconds pass before everyone hears the sound of gears and machinery come to life deep underground. Matius watches curiously as the sounds getting louder. The circular area comes to life as everyone

backs away. The circle retracts separating into plates which slide under one another. The group lean closer seeing a dark stairway, candles lighting the way. The head of the council turns towards Matius, “What you’re about to see is inscriptions of our past, records and details that no man or demon has ever laid eyes on. You should feel honoured”. They are interrupted as Camael grabs a torch from the room, “If everyone could please follow me”.
  He leads the way followed by the head and Matius along with the other angels. Going down the stairs one of the angels leans close to Matius. “My father used to tell me of such a place. It holds things even I don’t know. I thought it was just a myth”. Another angel enters the conversation, “this place is far from myth. The greater angels built this place to pass on all their knowledge to the angels of heaven. Ever since the library has been more and more books being created on new findings, new people and uncovered secrets”.
   “I am most intrigued by this library of ages”, Ivan’s other states. “Tell me, does it also hold the knowledge of the past of hell?”, he questions. Camael turns to look at Ivan other giving a smile, “why of course”, Caael answers adjusting his glasses, “The greater angels have existed since heaven and hell first came into being.  When heaven and hell met for the first time, they shared their knowledge as a sign of greeting, although that all changed when the war started”.

They are suddenly cut of when everyone stops in their tracks. Camael stops by a dead end, facing the council head. “This might take some time, please be patient” he explains drawing out symbols to himself in remembrance. He turns back to the wall forming angelic symbols on the wall, leaving an illuminated blue glow before it fades into the wall.
  With the last symbol drawn, all the symbols connect together bleeding blue glowing lines. Connected a circular hole appears in the centre, Camael, rummages his hand into his pocket pulling out a square cube. “The final touch”, he explains moving it around in his hands. He pushes it into slot, everyone watching. The wall then illuminates blue for a second before the wall breaks up into little plates which start folding over one another. The final click confirms the change is complete. Camael lowers his head walking through the new doorway followed by the group. “This is called the Library of Ages” Camael proudly announces, with a grin.

All around them are huge walkways leading to corridors upon corridors of books shelved. Down below are hundreds of walkways and many angel librarians busy at work, looking through the books. They step into an elevator as everyone looks around the huge library, passing an angel on a long ladder looking through a big shelve of books. As the group look in awe Matius looks directly below seeing how far it truly goes down.
  The head of the council notices this heading towards him. “Impressive isn’t it?”, he utters towards Matius. Matius looks down nodding. “This place holds the details of every event, every book, every single piece of information you need to know. It goes as far as four thousand feet underground”. Dervish other turns in surprise, “wow…this is big. How did they get it so deep into the ground?” . Camael turns with enthusiasm, “it’s simple really, the greater angels created the library. The walkways, the evevator, it’s all their doing”. Dervish other turns looking upwards, “hmm… guess that makes sence”

As the lift keeps going down they start seeing more angel librarians at work, looking at several elevators in movement. “Sure is busy here”, one of the angels comments, “just what is this section?”. Camael looks down noticing some librarians waving at them, “What we are passing is a section in the library where normal books are kept. Geography, history information we use for our normal lives”, he states. “So how far are we away from the section containing knowledge of weapons, dangerous people?” Dervish other asks impatient. ”For that section we need to go further down, right to the very bottom. Sorry if you’re getting impatient”, the council head explains.
  They continue going down as Matius notices the book quality is becoming more torn and old, this is probably put in date sections he thinks to himself. As they go deeper the library becomes darker, older some books are scattered far bellow. Down below Matius notices a huge walkway down below with huge books covering the sides. “Alright, this is last section”, Camael explains, “now if you could please follow me”.
   The group follow Camael along the huge walkway noticing the age of the books shelved around them. “Heck…I don’t even recognise some of these symbols”, one of the angels explains. “It’s the origins of angelic language. Created by the greater angels”, Camael states as they continue walking.

Camael leads them down along walkway after walkway, going through hidden bookcases until they reach the final walkway, a massive wall of books at the end shimmering with angelic symbols. Camael then removes a small book from his gown placing it into the shelving. He then stands back muttering angelic words, drawing out symbols while doing so. Suddenly there is a sound of moment amongst the books, their pages rustling to some unknown wind. The books then float freely in the air, leaving their place amongst the shelf.
  With all the books removed the book shelf parts, revealing stairs going down. “Here we are people”, Camael states in excitement. “Finally”, Ivan other answers in relief, rolling his head. They all descend, going down several stairs. One of the angels walks with Matius, “Man this in intense in minutes we will be in the most secret room every here on heaven. We will be walking around myths, legends”. Camael turns towards him, “please could you keep quiet?”. They finally reach the bottom.

“Alright we’re here”

 

 



© 2013 Shane Williams


Author's Note

Shane Williams
ignore grammar problems n mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on September 2, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2013
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Monster, Demon, Life, Power, Hell, Earth, Throne, King, Warrior, Son


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams