My Scarred Heart

My Scarred Heart

A Story by Shannie Pie
"

He played me so well that, even though I could tell he played with my heart, I didn't care.

"

It was a cold, dark night that my heart was crushed.


It was bound to happen, I know. He played me so cleverly, everyone could see it, even myself. But it felt so nice to be seen, to be loved. Especially by one like him. He was so perfect, so beautiful.


But I guess that's not good enough of a excuse as to what I did afterward.


He had taken me on a midnight picnic, not unlike the one he had set up when he had asked me to be his girlfriend. His lover. His future.


Oh, how foolish I had been.


We sat on a blanket, another around our shoulders, keeping out the autumn chill. It was a gorgeous night, revealing nothing that would happen in the next several minutes. His hand was on my own as he slowly fed me tidbits of sliced fruit and croutons. My heart was full of adoration and love for this boy who filled it to overflowing.


How he ripped it open so completely.


After we both were full, we stared out at the lake that tittered with the sounds of bullfrogs and crickets. He turned to me, his expression regretful. I wondered what he would say, why he looked the way he did. Then his perfect lips opened and spoke.


My heart just couldn't take it.


He had met someone. An older woman. She was all that he was looking for in a woman. He told me he was sorry. He had fallen in love with her, out of love with me. I was only a trinket for him to play with until he graduated and could be with his adult lover.


He left me breathless, I couldn't breathe.


He left the imprint of a kiss on my forehead, as if I were a child before he stood and walked to his house, only a few minutes away from here.


I was stranded.


I didn't know what to do.


I panicked.


I ran home, tears streaming from my eyes. I grabbed the photo album with all our pictures together and a metal trash bin from my sister's room. The lighter was snatched up from behind the recipe book. I carried my load to the empty driveway, dropping the trash bin unceremoniously onto the cement. I tore all the pictures out, starting to burn the baby blue album I had treasured. He had given it to me, had known how much I loved to take pictures.


He knew my love.


We could have had it all.


I looked at every photograph, tore them into pieces, dumped them into the flame. I cried myself hoarse.


After the last photo curled into ash, I just stared. I had run dry. There were no more tears to dry. I took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. It was dark with the new moon. The stars glittered, crying for me. A smile pulled at my lips as I realized what to do next.


I would give him exactly what he didn't want. I wouldn't be a sniveling mess at school the next day. I would be strong. I would tear free from his hands playing with my heart. I would hide the scars. I could do this.


He would wish he had never played me.

© 2011 Shannie Pie


Author's Note

Shannie Pie
Based off the song Rolling In The Deep by Adele. This is what I came up with when faced with Adele's song.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really good story..I like how shes gonna go to school and act like it doesnt bother her..Rolling In The Deep is a good song, its my favorite

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 4, 2011
Last Updated on June 4, 2011
Tags: broken, love, lost, heart, play

Author

Shannie Pie
Shannie Pie

UT



About
I love to write for fun and keep my imagination flowing. I'm an avid photographer and will take photos of practically anything! more..

Writing