Forever Side by Side

Forever Side by Side

A Story by Kat

"NO BROTHER!!!!" I screamed
It wasn't supposed to end this way I thought
click click I swung around
"Now you're next!" as I stared  into his eyes fear washed over me as I flashed back to 2 yrs ago when this all started

2 years earlier

 "YOU F*****G B*****D HOW COULD ANYONE LOVE YOU!!!!" Mom screamed. I looked at my brother Cody
"Why are Mommy and Daddy always fighting?" I asked him
"Well little Alayna they aren't fighting just arguing"
slam
"but mommy just left?"
"Nahhh" his blonde hair covered his eyes "She'll be back she always comes back plus she wouldn't leave us here with dad" I stared at him
"YOU"LL BE SORRY FOR LEAVING ME ALONE ESPECIALLY WITH THESE LITTLE B******S!!!" Dad screamed. I inched closer to Cody. Dad was coming again and he was always at his worse when he was drunk. The door flung. We could see him through the crack of the closet door. "now where are you little f*****g no good for nothing monsters?"
"Cody i'm scared!" I whispered. He covered me more his hands were over my head, my back against the corner of the closet, his chest over my face. Hes protecting me i shouldn't be scared I thought
"Its alright little one I've got you! When you're with me you'll always be protected butt for right now we need to stay quiet" 
"AHA!" Dad ripped of the closet door grabbed Cody by the arm and threw him against the wall. The next thing I know I have a black eye and Cody is passed out on the floor. 
"CODY!" I screamed. Dad whipped around and gave me a dirty look.
"Not you better not do that again unless you want me to get out the baseball bat!" I shook my head "I thought so" as he walked towards me I walked back until my back met the wall. "You know there really is no use for 6 year old girls on this earth" his grip tightened around my neck as I felt my legs lift up from the ground "You might as well snap their necks like little twigs" My vision blurred I can't breathe I thought "Or-" his sentence got cut off as Cody hit him in the back of the head with a metal rod. I landed safely in Cody's  arms but i burst into tears.
"Its okay little one I'm here for you we have to stick together now lets get out of here before he wakes up" I hung onto his neck. Blood dripped down from his forehead probably from when he got thrown against the wall.
"BROTHEY YOU'RE BLEEDING!!" 
"I am?" he touched his head "Oh I am well i'm okay its alright!" He flashed me a smile. When he walked out of the room blood as all over the floor from the fighting everyone caused. Cody walked to the neighbors house.
 Knock Knock
"OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED!!" the neighbor gasped.
"Mommy and Daddy got in another fight!" I said
"Is this true?!" The neighbor asked
Cody looked at her "Um yeah can we use your phone by chance?" A few moments later cop cars, Ambulances, and Fire trucks were everywhere. A cop came out of the house with dad in handcuffs. Dad was fighting with him. Then he saw Cody and me. The he mouthed the words I'll be back then he got put in the cop car. I looked at the ground. "No he won't I'll protect you forever even if it kills me"I stared at the ground and Cody put his arms around me. "I promise". I grabbed one of his arms causing his scars of sadness to show. He picked me up and cradled me in his arms singing me a lullaby "I loved you then, I love you now, I'll love you forever, I'll love you always" 
I woke up the next morning with the sun shining in through the window. It made me smile. I glanced over at my side and saw Cody next to me.  
"CODY CODY CODY!!!"  I yelled shaking him
He looked up smiling "yes little one?"
"Where are we?" 
He looked at me "Lets just say we are gonna be here awhile" I looked out the window
"Is it better here?" I asked
"Yeah" He never told me because he knew it'd break my heart. Dad got sent to prison for 2 years for child abuse and mom left us telling the court she didn't want us. That it was dads responsibility sense he got her drunk and screwed her over. Our neighbor took us in because she wanted to keep us together. She got scared though and thought that once Dad got out of jail he'd try finding us so we moved from New Jersey to a farm in Michigan. Everything was good for a year but a week before the anniversary of Dad going to jail I got scared and thought he'd find us. Brother kept telling me that it'd be alright that he'd protect me . I believed him but I was still scarred. And on the 2nd anniversary (the year dad got out) he found us. Me and Cody were outside playing by the river.
"You're right I had nothing to be afraid of now stop tickling me" I said laughing.
"See I told you!"
BAM BAM AHHHHH!!!!
"What was that?" I asked
"I don't know let me -"
"CODY!!!!!!"
"What?!"
"LOOK BEHIND YOU!"
"what- OH MY F*****G GOD!"
"I told you I'd be back" Dad smirked "Now who goes 1st shall start from where we picked up Alayna?'
"Don't you dare touch her you f*****g creep isn't it bad enough you destroyed our family and almost killed us. You're lucky I let you live"
"Don't you dare talk that way to you're father or else!" he threw Cody aganist the tree.
"Or else what?!"
"Or else this!!"
BOOM BOOM
"NO BROTHER!!!" I screamed no it wasn't supposed to end this way I thought.
click click
"Now you're next" I turned around. Cody was floating in the river causing it turn red. 
Cody..... I thought. I shut my eyes hard being prepared to die
"AHHH!!!" My eyes flung open to see Cody standing there with a knife in his hands.
"I- I..."
"CODY!!!" I screamed. I caught him in my arms "If you die take me with you" I said gently uncovering his bright blue eyes.
"I loved you then, I love you now, I'll Love you forever, I'll love you always" were his last words to me.
BAM BAM
I was shot to ground with Cody still in my arms. I looked up and saw dad standing there.
"You honestly thought that'd kill me?!" 
I looked over and saw Cody's eyes starting to close.
"Me too Cody me too....." Then I felt my life end in the night time sky.

The next thing that happened was quite simple actually. My soul shot out of my body and wings grew from my soul. Then I saw Cody next to me and a huge mythical forest in front of us. I looked at him "Cody?"
"I'm sorry I failed you.."
"No you saved me"
He looked me in the eyes "What?"
"You saved me from my pain and my last memories were with the person I love the most and look we are at the place we always dreamed about . I have wings to fly! I couldn't be happier for an 8 year old girl!"
He smiled "Same here for a 14 year old boy!"
"I'll love you forever Cody"
"I'll love you forever Alayna"
Then we walked into our new lives together side by side.

© 2011 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
okay this is my 1st kinda shortish story I've ever written how'd I do?? P.S. if you read the 1st half already sorry I was typing it this morning and i accidently published it instead of saving it into the folder so it wouldn't publish buuuttt How'd I do????

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

super goood, soo sweet too :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww this was so sweet :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


awwwwwwwwww this is soooooooo sweet and sad at the sametime!!!!!!!!!! i almost cried but the end was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT! you should write more stories soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This almost made me cry. It's a great story. I think you should definitely write more. I was hoping that Cody would end up killing the dad, but then it got to the twist ending and it made it even better than I imagined. The only thing I can say to fix is some of the typos and instead of using all caps, try putting an exclamation point to the end of the sentece instead. Either way, this story is absolutely amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 26, 2011
Tags: death, reality, abuse, family
Previous Versions

Author

Kat
Kat

no, United Kingdom



About
I can't say much I only live for my friends I love Bring Me The Horizon Anything else? Just ask me... I'm not that interesting I honestly want to die more..

Writing
Tears? Tears?

A Poem by Kat


Abandonment Abandonment

A Poem by Kat