The Fight

The Fight

A Story by pamzilla. ♥
"

:/

"

I was seated on the cliff, swinging my legs gently. Christina Perri’s gentle, sweet voice slithers into my ears and I'm mellow. I’m happy, I’m at peace. I. Am in bliss.

Until I heard you stomp your way up to me. I turn my head slightly, and notice that you’ve chosen to stand 5 feet away from me.

I expected it though and had decided earlier that I wouldn’t say anything. I’d let you rant and rave and take it all in stride.

Just like normal.

I hear the intake of breath and try to prepare myself for your words. “I. f*****g. Hate you.” You say, punctuating every word. The pain ricochets from my heart to my kidneys to my brain in one swift movement.

I meekly offer, “I was worried about you. I figured he could help.”

Apparently, the words have no real effect and you lash me once more. “I told him everything. I hope you’re happy. Now we both feel like s**t. I’m so mad at you I can’t even explain...why would you do that?” You ask.

I know words won’t ever reach you now, and I don’t bother to explain. All I reply is, “The same answer as before.”

If I had known what you were going to say next, I’d have shoved myself off the cliff long before you even took the breath to talk. But I didn’t, and you speak anyways.

“I hate you.”

The words were like the cramps to my period. They hurt. A lot.

But I knew I couldn’t say anything about my own hurt.

You’d just get more pissed off.

“I got that.” I softly reply.

You ignore the sorrow that helplessly leaked through my words and you continue.

You drove another nail into the wood that was my heart.

“You can’t help me. So stop trying.” The quiet venom drips slowly from your words.

I could’ve said “okay” and backed off.

I didn’t.

“I won't.” I say, trying hard to keep my body on the cliff. Not to hurl myself into the dark, dismal water below.

“I’m going.” You state. I turn my head slightly to look at you. But you’ve already turned around.

“Bye.” I reply, the fight gone, completely gone. I sag against myself.

“Bye.” You say, as I imagine the way you stomp on the soft earth as you walk down the cliff, leaving me to suffer in silence.

© 2012 pamzilla. ♥


Author's Note

        pamzilla. ♥
What can I say ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012

Author

        pamzilla. ♥
pamzilla. ♥

Kingston, Jamaica



About
How long has it been WC, a year or so? Hmph. Well. Anyways, I go by several names, my favourites being pamzilla, pinjerr and lee. Feel free to call me any of those. Dominic is an acceptable option.. more..

Writing