I Don't

I Don't

A Poem by SheActsLikeSummer
"

A poem.

"
I don't want to listen
to your heart beat.
I don't want to feel
your chest rise and fall.
I just want to look
into your eyes
and wrap my arms
around your neck.
I just want to taste 
your lips on mine
even if you just drank
a bottle of coke.
I want your body
close to my body.
I want you
touching me.
I want my hand
in your hand
and your hand
in mine.
But I don't want
to hear the beating
of your heart.
And I don't want 
to hear the rasping
of your breath.
Because I am afraid
that it will suddenly
go silent.

© 2013 SheActsLikeSummer


Author's Note

SheActsLikeSummer
This is one of my very rare more romantic pieces. I've never even kissed a guy so I really have no first hand knowledge of stuff like this. Anyway, there are many personal elements tied into this piece eve though none of it has actually even happened.
People always say that they love to hear the heart beat/breath of the one they love but it horrifies me. "Because I am afraid that it will suddenly go silent."
Anywho, I hope you liked it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very beautiful and tender romantic poem with that touch of cold fear in it that you mentioned. The fear of losing the one you love is real, they leave you for someone else or just get tired of you but the fear of not wanting to hear the heartbeat or breath makes me think the fear here is losing them to death. Great poem, very unique.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SheActsLikeSummer

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I'm really glad you liked it. :)
Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

You're welcome.



Reviews

I was literally so twinkly eyed for the whole damn poem and then my breath just went into the funniest gasps I've ever had, girl that was one awesome way to end a poem! Explaining WHY you wouldn't want to hear his heartbeat. I was all sitting up here like awe this is cute, she wants the kiss but why not a warm heartbeat. But then BAM! I fell off my chair cause I kept teetering back and forth BUT ALSO cause it was a meaningful thoughtful reason and it was cute. AWESOME JOB GIRL!! woot woot!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very beautiful and tender romantic poem with that touch of cold fear in it that you mentioned. The fear of losing the one you love is real, they leave you for someone else or just get tired of you but the fear of not wanting to hear the heartbeat or breath makes me think the fear here is losing them to death. Great poem, very unique.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SheActsLikeSummer

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I'm really glad you liked it. :)
Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2013
Tags: love, heart, breath, don't, listen

Author

SheActsLikeSummer
SheActsLikeSummer

Canada



About
I wish there was a single moment in my life that summed up who I am. Just a short snippet of time that I could copy and paste here so I didn't have to rack my mind for something to say. But I kind of .. more..

Writing