Submerge

Submerge

A Story by SheActsLikeSummer
"

Not your usual day at the beach, that's for sure.

"
The soft white sand between my toes as I run across the beach towards the ocean. I can feel his gaze on me and I turn around smiling to please him. He returns my beaming expression and fogs to catch up. I make to the edge of the water, the waves gently licking my feet. He grabs hold of my tightly and drags me in further. I splash him, delicate droplets of water hitting him in the face. I giggle.
He submerges underwater completely, the only trace left of him air bubbles floating to the surface where he dove. I steady myself, preparing for him to jump me, tackle me to the ocean floor. I jump back, screaming. Where once there were harmless bubbles are now a dissolving red substance, mixing with the salt water of the ocean.

© 2012 SheActsLikeSummer


Author's Note

SheActsLikeSummer
To help me with a minor case of writers block... and just for fun, as always. :Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes are*! And these short ones always fix my writer's blocks too lol

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2012
Tags: ocean, blood, disappear, submerge

Author

SheActsLikeSummer
SheActsLikeSummer

Canada



About
I wish there was a single moment in my life that summed up who I am. Just a short snippet of time that I could copy and paste here so I didn't have to rack my mind for something to say. But I kind of .. more..

Writing