Dare I say?

Dare I say?

A Poem by Shelly Braen

Dare I say that we are still connected? That in the many fortnights come and gone, I still remember your touch. The taste of your blood still clinging to my lips, and I darkly struggle to taste the sweet remains. I do not fool anyone, they all are aware that I am still drawn to you. And the ring I buried, still leaves imprint upon my flesh. Still burning, aching to be bound once more. I must be ill, for irrationality and fever strike upon my inner self. Yet, dare I say? This madness is the object of my lustful cravings. To be lost in the comfort of your darkness. Something no other could provide, the forbidden nectar to a famished hummingbird. Where the earth mother thrives, and the stark winds blow. Where the darkness of the clouds shroud the sky to sob upon, or blanket in white. And when the sun has set, the black velvet midnight blanket surrounds all. A delicious reprieve, oh the longing! Like wine with hemlock nightshade elixir! Sweet and deadly! Blind me, make me your fool, envelop me in the night! Deathly silence! Dare I say? Comfort?

© 2010 Shelly Braen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on November 19, 2010

Author

Shelly Braen
Shelly Braen

CA



About
My pen name is Shelly Braen, I'm twenty five years old. I love Books, Writing, Art, Music, Playing the Piano, and Photography. Favorite Photographer: Robert Mapplethorpe Favorite Painter: Gustave .. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by Shelly Braen