The Book of Enoch and The Ancient of Days

The Book of Enoch and The Ancient of Days

A Poem by Shelly Braen

Dust, chain link, and stars.

The painting of my dreams. Though I could never show you, never tell you what blue tastes like, how liquid silver feels on bare skin, or what the stars’ voices sound like, I can tell you this, I have been there. I have smelt the galaxies, and tasted the sunrise, listened to the wind speak in tongues and fallen into the night sky. For I have been led by an un-seeable hand and walked under the gaze of the watchers for all my days past and yet to come. I must ask, have you ever tasted love’s iris? Or walked on beads of dew? They are quite the same glowing fruit, from the palm of the same hand. Listen, I beg, to the music of the early dawn’s wind, and the symphony of a Sunday rain, you will hear it all. In the lonely corners of your mind, feel these, hear these, and see this. You may find me there, watching you as well. I would dance with you, and so would he. You have but to ask.

© 2011 Shelly Braen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic. You have a great talent

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reading this beauty helps us remember that all this is and has been truth.. You've penned the Ancient Days well...Great write..x

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2011
Last Updated on March 14, 2011

Author

Shelly Braen
Shelly Braen

CA



About
My pen name is Shelly Braen, I'm twenty five years old. I love Books, Writing, Art, Music, Playing the Piano, and Photography. Favorite Photographer: Robert Mapplethorpe Favorite Painter: Gustave .. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by Shelly Braen