My Greatest Fear

My Greatest Fear

A Poem by Shelby Baker
"

My Greatest Fear

"

My Greatest Fear

 

 

 

 

My fear  isnt about


 Being a lonely old hag nobody wants to be around

 Getting into a crash and not being able to walk

 Dying and being the devils little torture doll

Spiders crawling all over my body

Tight dark spaces that will crush me

 

Oh no

 

My fear is greater than that

It’s the fear of having my family judge my writing

Just think of what would be going through their minds

 

       That goes through her head?

        Is she really thinking about doing that?

              She really needs to see a therapist!

 

I don’t mind having the whole world

judge my writing

But when my family is reviewing it

I get tight knots in my stomach 

My Greatest Fear is..

If they think I’m going crazy..


© 2010 Shelby Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The good and the bad.... I'm not very good at sugar-coating and I don't believe it helps.... I'll start with the bad.... Grammar is important, as is spelling. 'Toture', 'then' should be than and 'hole' should be 'whole' to name a couple. Little things really, but if you aspire to be published, those things could make the difference.

Okay, now the good, and there is good in it!! =) I think you give great insight into your inner thoughts and feelings. I really like the first paragraph. You portray yourself as being afraid, without being fearful.

Keep writing.... you've got something going on here =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I never let my family read my writing, except for my siblings, of course. Because I have the same fear as you. But I think in the world of writing, creativity is craziness. I understand how family members will think once they read and cast on negative judgement. Still, the greatest fear might be just whether the writer accept the craziness, the jugdement, and the therapist within the writer him/herself. I have conquered that fear which takes years to do so. As long as you're truthfully comfort with your own sanity, a writer within you will not fear to be judged by insanity.

Happy writing! :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent. Captures a feeling many writers have, but it doesn't occur to them to make a poem of it. I can definitely relate to this.
Also, the expressive use of fonts works well, I think.


Posted 13 Years Ago


You've wrapped this subject into a beautiful poem. Words cannot express how many times this has gone through my head. Though not all of my writing is based on my thoughts and feelings, there are bits and pieces in every single one that I have been through, or can relate to. I believe as a writer, our fears are greater. We tend to think deeper into things (maybe more than we should).

A great write, thank you for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I get you!! I got all my writing in a blue notebook I carry everywhere and I'm always scared that someone notice that I always have that notebook and feel tempted to check what's on it. Very realistic poem, our fears can be so big that they can even determine our actions!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great! It's so true, I think we all think this. This poem is beautiful in it's simplicity. I also really like the format :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I totally understand. My parents would freak if they saw my writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I appreciated reading your writing. When I was a teen, my parents constantly criticized everything artistic I created, hence my hesitation to sketch anymore. Excellent writing. Very honest and well said.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i doubt that your parents think like that.... come on.. they would support you! orginal and sweet, did you parents have a problem with your writing?

Posted 14 Years Ago


if they knew me as well as i do,
they wouldn't like me because
i don't like me.

thatz my fear.
so i front,
and make myself
better....
smarter or stronger,
more responsible,
more reliable.

it's not what i think,
it's what i do--

i bet you do cool things,
fun things....
i bet your family thinks you're awesome.
:O)~


Posted 14 Years Ago


I can, and apparently others as well, can relate to this. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4475 Views
85 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010
Tags: Family, Fear, Real, Writing, poems, stories

Author

Shelby Baker
Shelby Baker

Ware, MA



About
center> [~]Shelby Ace Baker [~] May 21 [~] Massachusetts [~] Smart & Witty [~] Sarcastic on occasion more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..