Chapter 7-2

Chapter 7-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 7-2


Aunty M tells them her tale of Morgan that she gathered from her late husband Mike; from some of the papers and notes Mike left behind and what her son Reggie told her last fall. She watched their faces and eyes watch the shadows in the rooms. As she told them of the encounter of death looking for a bride and the two ladies looking for grooms. Not forgetting Mr. Golden eyes as their faces go pale gasping who might have the answer to their question, not telling them of their whereabouts.


Some secrets must remain hidden as her hand shakes thinking of Jaydan and Mr. Golden Eyes and what’s behind the looking glass or how fragile the world that we live in could very well be in danger. No these things must remain hidden for now as she locked eyes with Wayne on the others side of the room. She rubbed her arms feeling the cold chill in the room just thinking about EJ and Morgan. 


Martha retells her story to Linda of the boys when she and Robert were locked out of his room. That day and when the boys were scared out of their wits and EJ was sick for days. Where they could have sworn there was somebody in the room and recounts when he went missing from the Marriott Hotel.  Where she first caught a glimpse of him unknowingly; Wayne told them what EJ said to him that he knew the person and said he was dead, but didn't know his name. Martha stares at him with a cold stare, “you never told me that,” she said.


“I thought wasn’t important tell now, since I didn’t have the person name and still don’t,” as he shrugged his shoulders, “but remember the girls saw him. Looking for someone in their room once before it happened,” as he looked at Martha face paled in the light of the room. “While I was in town that day." Jogging the rest of her memory in hopes of keeping him from getting deeper into the dog house.


Aunty M kept her mouth shut. Didn’t want to revile that person or could she? Not sure looking around the room. Some secrets or best kept until you knew the answer, as she carefully glanced around the room towards Martha and Linda. “I just can't blurt out your boys are traveling through time with a ghost and Morgan must have gotten loose from his cell from a world of different realms of time.”


Considering they still think he's just a man... when she herself has no explanation for it. They would all think she gone loony tunes if she told them that. No better find out first hand what has happened then tell them if she can.


Aunt M slowly sipping her tea as they discussed what to do as the clock ticks down, “there's only one thing we can do,” Martha said and Linda watching the clock, “stall for more time.”


“That's right, tell Mrs. Jennings that Martha picked up EJ that he's here. That there is no reason for her to come out this way, beat her to the punch. Instead of adding more fuel to the fire, which none of us needs at the moment.” Aunty M sighs in hopes it will work.


“Linda it’s our only chance, she right we have to lie,” Martha said looking at the clock.


“Do you think it will work?” Linda asked.


“It has to… what choice do we have? If she shows up at your place Jim will tell her that he ran away and you and the girls took off and the gigs up. We simply need more time to find him so he can come home where he belongs.”


Linda pulled the card out of her purse dials the number as she looked around the house and outside the windows of the farmhouse. “Oh, I hope this works,” as the phone rings watching the clock on the wall ticking away.


“Hello, Mrs. Jennings, this Linda Stuart, sorry to be a bother you. Yes I know it’s early still, but EJ wanted to go back to the farm. So I let him and thought it was best. So I drove him out there an hour ago. How was the weekend?” Linda pauses, “well we had better,” looking towards the window so not draw eyes to her. “I know that's expected, maybe he just not ready yet?” Trying to think what to say. “He did try, we all did, mostly I did,” Linda not sounding all that confident. “Maybe in few months well try it again, give him some more time.


"Thanks for giving me the chance and thank Mr. Barns for me. What do you mean you can't find him? You thought he was coming back over to see the Downing's,” she said out loud looked at Martha and Wayne, “that was yesterday. No, he hasn't been there. I would have known and that they would have told me. What was he coming down here for? Missing papers in the file... I see... I’ll keep my eye out for him if it will help thou.


“No there's no need for you to come down. I’ll call you if we have a problem. Yes, I am sure,” Linda looking back out the kitchen window feeling antsy. “Thanks again, like I said will keep an eye out for him. Will do.”


Linda quickly hangs up the phone “I think she bought it,” taking a deep breath. “I think we have another problem, Mr. Barns was supposed to be at your place yesterday. I am assuming he didn't make it here.” Watching their faces and their eyes as she gazes from person to person, “that means he’s missing too. I never did like him, too pushy, reminds me of car sells person trying to sell me lemons. Anyway, best keep our eyes peeled for him just in case he shows up knocking on the door. We don't need any more trouble; speaking of trouble my girls would like to apologize,” as they come down the stairs, “isn’t that right girls.”


Linda folded her arms waiting for them to come down. “Oh Linda it’s not necessary, we were a little rough on them,” Martha replied to keep the peace.


“They probably deserved it,” Linda said as she watched them reach the bottom of the stairs. “They can be a handful at times, but other times their not so bad. I just wish there were more of those times.”


Linda waited for them to apologize; Martha and Wayne accept it gracefully saying they were sorry too.  Wayne leaned over to his wife to give her kiss, “alright I guess I need to head on back,” grabbing his tool belt off the wall. “I promised Jim I'd help fix those windows so he can help look for the boys.”



* * *

 


Rena and Kollie headed on back to Mrs. Trenny place finding a search party gathered around a map of the area. “Alright boys,” Rose pointing to the map,” we are going have to divide up into groups of three. We need to search every barn, shed, covering, hole and rock if necessary and I mean everything. I want these grounds covered. Theirs 10 hours of daylight looking at the clock and it is ticking boys.” She handed each a canteen and a flashlight for dark corners as they went out the door.


Rena watched her take charge of the situation as the boys left on down the road, “I got it dear, now tell me the news.” As Mrs. Trenny sits in her comfy chair with hot tea with bit something extra, just a drop to take off the nerves. As she sits backs and waits, “come on I may be old, but I'm not stupid. You have something don't ya giving the looks on those faces of yours I can tell.”


Rena nods as she takes Kollie hand in hers for support, “not much, but this much we know it’s more than a ghost story.” Rena filled her in watching the dark shadows of the room as Rose face went pale.


“Morgan you say, so he does have a name. Go on child.” Rena told her the rest she knows as her mouth went dry and her lips quivered speaking the last part of the tale that Martha told her. Rose looked deep into their eyes, can tell their not playing around as she sipped her tea looking out the window.


“Well at least we have a name,” swallowing hard looking towards the shadows, “we may not like it, but at least it something. As for the rest of that story, I have a hard time believing, but I've seen things myself, learn not to question them. A mystery is a mystery no buts about that.” Rose said gazing out the window in the kitchen. “I to wonder where those boys went and why and what this Morgan has to do with it.....”



* * *

 


It's dark and cold as EJ looks around his little tiny cell in some cellar, his legs are bound with leg irons and chained against the wall. Plates of food with flies are swarming about them in the corner by the door of his cage, with stale bread a week old, Maggots climbing about it; EJ hungry, but not that hungry, as he sat in the corner waiting for his rescuers. Morgan watches him through the cold iron bars in the doorway with his red glowing eyes. “Eat boy… no sense wasting good food,” laughing his cynical laugh, “you are never leaving this place. I got you fair and square and I plan on to keep you, healthy or not make's no differences. They'll never find you, not here boy,” as he laughs, “there's no escape, your flesh is mine, now eat,” closing the window.


EJ sits there silently, scared looking for a way out, pulling on the chains from the wall with his bare hands. Only too fail as he falls on to the floor in defeat. “Where are they? My brothers, surely they will find me,” as he puts his head in his hands sobbing alone in the cold and dark cell.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on February 17, 2019
Last Updated on January 20, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep