Chapter 13-1

Chapter 13-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 13-1



* * *

 


The Queen paced back and forth. “This is taking too long; they should have been here by now." Closing the door to her room so she could be alone, she steps through the mirror seeking the Judge. As he is going over the paperwork of supplies and deliveries, signing orders for the next day. The Queen fly’s in a furry sitting on his desk then stands begins to pace across it. “You mind telling what’s going on or do I have to figure it out for myself the mess we're in,” she asked.


The Judge paused looked up then continue on signing papers putting it in a pile with the rest. Then leaned back in his chair thinking… “What mess are you referring to?” He asked.


“You know darn well what mess… I was expecting the Whitmore’s hours ago.”


“Sorry, change of plans. They are from a different line that can’t be changed. Now I have work to do.”


“What line?” The queen stumping, kicking a pencil off the desk.


“All I can tell you is the wizard line nothing more,” trying to go back to work.


“You can’t or you won’t?” She asked him.


“Both. Only me and the high council knows. That’s it now. I have work to do. By the way nice job with the family I must say. Just what they needed just make sure you covered their tracks, we don’t need any loose ends.”


“Already done. I burned their true selves deep where nobody can find them and destroyed all the paperwork what you gave me. Even the wood elves they were with don’t remember bring them there and think they are part of their clan; it’s the others I am concerned about. Just one word in the wrong place then its curtains for all them.”


“I am aware of that, but they must be able to contact the outside if we are able to make any headway at all. Their grandmother is the closes link to both families and his uncle and the boys and his father must make contact with the boy before they retrieve him. If we change them too much before its time. It will be harder to convince him to come with them as the days grow longer for him.”


“I still don’t like it, there are more holes in that tree to my liking,” she said kicking another pencil off the desk.


“Then find yourself another tree, this is the best we got to offer at this point, now I have work to do.” The Judge picking up his stamp and seal starts signing orders, the Queen leaves taking another quick tour down towards the dance hall trying to find this so-called wizard family. Not seeing them in the crowd of people headed back to a secluded spot and waved her wand above her head as someone from the shadows sees her and tries to grab her, missing her by inches.


The Queen huffing and puffing as the color drained from her head as she landed on the bed. “That was close,” seeing a little mark where she might have been scratched, takes a bottle of ointment puts it on the mark. “Maybe he is right!” looking down the hall as the ointment sets in as she tries not to scratch it. Whispered to the guards too double the watch around the forest, walking down to the kitchen for some fresh tea leaves and mints, sitting by the cozy fire in her study with her feet up. “Ahh, that’s better.” Thinking of the darkness that eludes her in her forest, “has it reached here too.”? Picking through the last piece of paper up with the notice of the boys out of the book of names tearing the pages and threw it into the fire watching it burn. Sighs “I hope he’s right for their sakes,” reading the last reports of the day she turns in…..



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on February 18, 2019
Last Updated on January 22, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep