Chapter 14-1

Chapter 14-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 14-1



* * *

 


Morgan going over his spells books and potions as he addresses his shadow spawn as they stand below him. “You have returned, what news have you brought me of the Downing’s and the boys?” He asked


Caption hung his head as he knelt before him quivering against the hard stone floor. “Forgive me, my master. It seems they have fled.”


“What of their friends?” Morgan asked eyes burning as hot red coals.


“Gone, they are all gone.” As the Caption swallowed then shirks back as Morgan grabbed his shoulder digging in his claws into his body piercing him tightly. Blood dripped down his ruff tan hid of course skin. His black eyes drawn up into his head as the pain intensified.


“What do you mean gone. They couldn’t have just vanished, not without the boy.”


“They must have had help.” The shadow spawn cried out as Morgan tossed him onto the ground withering in pain.  Morgan uncaring stood him up one last time, shaking him with rage as one of the shadow spawn gleamed with satisfaction. “It was their witch Master. She killed most of us while we searched the houses.”


“Yes, yes the witch must have done it,” as the others chimed in.


“Cowards! You were supposed to kill her, now it’s too late.” Morgan throwing vials of potions across the room, knocked over books, taking up his black staff as black lightning stabbed them all through the heart, leaving nothing but ash. In a heated rage, he flipped through books of his library, pulling out the dark arts of swift knights of old; Morgan conjured three minion warriors as black as night led them through a dark secret passageway in the back of the mountain under the hill.


Morgan placed his boney finger on the page of Dark Knights of old. There bodies hard as tempered steel, their flesh stretched over harden skeletal frame. Their eyes glowed green against the night as they stood twelve feet tall. Teeth sharpened points as their gray lips curled into a snarl. 


“Go, serve me well and the reward shall be great, fail me and your reward shall be death everlasting.” The first traveled hard and fast as steam blew from his death horse across the fields down thru the valley.  Not stopping at the gate as he passed the barrier line killing men as he went through it as they try to hold the line. Men shouting “to arms, to arms.” Rushing to stop him as they try to take him down while the other two flies pass them in the sky undetected.


The rider laughed swing his mighty sword as 25 five men injured 5 dies lying on the ground around him. The riders galloped hard to their destination unharmed one heading towards New Downing the other making his way south as he makes a gateway into the sky to the other side above the horizon. The third knight pushed on towards Santaquin riding high like a black shadow in the wind.


Morgan smiling as his fingers raked the walls down the staircase to the dungeon cells as his eyes gleam narrowing, piercing the darkness looking into the cell. “It won’t be long now boy. I have an extra surprise since your not been so willing. I’ll have two for the price of one in my grips. Your brother shall be here shortly.”


EJ screamed. “How dare you touch him!” Trying to break loose the chains as Morgan laughed climbing the stairs. EJ with tears in his eyes as the darkness once more surrounds him hearing Morgan laugh. EJ banging his head against the wall sobbing at the mere thought of his brother being chained like a wild animal being tortured.


EJ yelled at the walls. “Where are you? What’s taking you so long?” EJ barely even to move as the weakness begins to set in. EJ laid down on his stone hard bed crying himself to sleep in the dark, his mind nearly gone from the tortured dreams of everlasting darkness, as he watched shapes that are not there. Of people of the past and present as he called out to them for help.


Mr. Rivers from the paper office and Doc Hatfield and all his friends Frank, Peter, and Mark. His mother Martha, oh how he misses them all as the tears flowed down his cheek, calling out the names, one by one as lost sheep into the shadows one by one. Now Danny will be gone soon, just like the rest as EJ sits there alone in the dark waiting for his time to end…



* * *

 


Linda asleep in bed as the rider draws his cold bated breath opening the door not quietly as he walked thru the house without care. Searching for the boy, opening the bedroom doors as the girls scream down the hall. Linda and Jim jumped out of bed flipping on the lights as the rider searched the rooms without care. The girls screamed in the corner with terror in their eyes as the rider asked one by one.  Hissed. “Where is the boy?” Holding Linda by the throat. Linda swallowed shaking. “Morgan’s has him,” she replied, scared out of her wits.


“NO!” The rider screams at her. “The other one, his brother,” he hissed angrily.


Linda begins to cry. “I don’t know!” In a panic screaming “I don’t know!” The rider drops her as she fell onto the floor shaking. The rider taking and grabbed Peggy by the arm as she screamed in terror as she looked to her mother for help. Her mother screams almost pleading, begging on the floor not tell him anything.


Peggy turns to her father as he silently nods as she screams with tears. “He’s with Downing’s” she screamed as the rider lets go laughing at her mother’s misery.


Linda looked up at Peggy with tears in her eyes with shock as the rider takes off in a mad rage pushing them out of the way Linda screaming. “Please, I beg you!” The rider doesn’t look back.


The Dark Knight growled. “Lord Morgan will be displeased if you have lied to me,” as he pushed Linda to the ground. His dark horse leaped into the air as he laughed behind them. “Displeased indeed,” he replied. Linda ran after him pleading for her son’s life. Linda watched him as the Dark Knight disappeared into the night, as he headed towards the Downing farmhouse.


The Dark Knight caught up with the other knight in New Downing on the road as they both headed towards the farm. Finding it empty, smashing the door down, and rampaged through the house, searching for any clues that might lead them to the boys and the Downing’s. Finding only an old program listed the boys at Payson Jr. in their rooms clenched their fist as they throw it on the ground.


The Dark Knights riding their horses hard and fast into the night as they headed north towards the school breaking the front door down off its hinges. They stormed into the building as they tore the place apart as they looked for anything that might hold information; opening cabinets, tossing files onto the floor. Alarms going off in the building as police cars with flashing lights stood outside pointing with their guns. Loudspeakers telling them, “come out with your hands held high!” The Dark Knight smashed the computers as they knock it off the desk searching in the desks as they go from room to room tearing books off the shelves, searching every desk, only finding their names nothing more.


Cops surrounded the building as they walked the hallways breaking into the locked rooms. Anger swelled inside as they find nothing. Cops are now in the building rushing down the hallway as the Knights make their way back to their horses outside. Cops yelling “stop where you are!” Knights pulled out their long bladed sword laughing as they go down the middle with easy. Cutting awhile guns are blazing bouncing off them unharmed, making their way back as they saddled the horses as they rode into the night without care. One towards New Downing, one to report back to Morgan of his findings hoping the other two succeed in their task as he takes back what he has learned in hopes it might spare him.


Morgan paced the floor of his stone tower waiting for news from his knights. One returns holding what he found among the papers at home and at the school nothing more. Morgan reads them crushing them in his hands throwing them into a corner. “And the boy’s?” He asked angrily.


“Gone Master just like the rest, his own mother doesn’t even know he was missing tell I told her. They lied to you. It was not the witch; her power was not that great to make this happen. Someone else was in on it. It may not be too late to destroy her as we three hold more power then she does at this moment.” He replied hoping it was enough to save his life.


“Fail me again and you will beg for death as I slowly give it to you that it may last a thousand years.”


“Yes my master,” he replied as he groveled to his feet.

 

“Find them. Find them all,” Morgan yelled.


“Yes my master…” he replied with earnest as he returned to New Downing.





© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on February 18, 2019
Last Updated on January 22, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep