Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 15


A dark horse and its rider raced, pounding the pavement of the streets of Springfield. A woman screamed jumping out of its way as he tries to kill her. Fireballs shooting from her hand as she ducked behind some barrels. The guards seeing the Dark Knight trapping the woman as she tries to fight him in the streets yells “to arms, to arms” dashing towards the woman side down the street. The knight swiftly turned, jumping into the sky over their heads knocking stands of carts over in their path as he ran to a group of people in the crowd.


People were running everywhere, screams of children, crying as they try to find their mothers. The Dark Knight entering the dance hall as swords and staffs are drawn trying to take the knight down as he searched among the families. The Mayor running down the street with another group of Captions at his side with swords drawn ready for battle while his other men quickly removed the women and the children.


The Judge sealing off the area as they circled the knight with swords blazing with hardened steel. The knight hissed, his yellow green eyes burned with his blacken sword sparking as it clashed with the light swords of truth. Arken and Kollie being pushed out of the way by the Judge yelling, “go, get out of here, get back to the house!” The Captions surrounding them with the other wizard sect at their back tossing fireballs of light at the knight to distract him...


The Judge made his way around the room to where more families stood helpless pushing the knight more out of their way so they can make a run for the door.  The guard pulled out two boys from underneath a table in the corner crying as he takes them outside to their mother. The Judge and his Captions fighting on as they circled the knight climbed on to of the tables and benches. The knight smiled as he hissed tries to make it to the door. “The night is not over yet. I will find them and kill them!” As he leaped into the air.


The Judge calmly stepping in his path as he rises meeting him as he leaped towards the door knocking the knight back to the middle of the floor as he gasped for air as his sword clang to the ground beside him. The men surround him once more as The Judge springs forward with one swipe with his sword. 


Turning quickly plunging with his left hand pulled the heart out of the knight as his head rolls off his shoulders, turning him into dust as his heart melts into flames… “It won’t be today knight,” The Judge picking up the sword wrapping it with a cloth walked out of the dance hall cursing Morgan’s name. The Judge ordering double the guard on the streets as he made his way back up the hill towards the Tweeds and the Whitmore’s watching the shadows lurk around him he raise his staff in the air creating a brilliant light as they scream hissing back into the shadows for once they came…..


The gnarling of teeth of the underground where they spawn from, trying to get away from the light as it blinds them when he walks by crawling back to their master in the dark. As he whips them for their failure storming about in the underground caves



* * *

 


Morgan realizing his knights are now dead. Morgan sat on his throne, his eyes staring into the darkness thinking of his next move. His long fingers drumming at his side with his eyes burning with furry, “I will raise an army of black knights, of death eaters the likes they have never have seen. Their power will be so great that they will be unstoppable as they crush them, driving them into the ground. Begging for mercy as I tare them from limb by limb… For it is I that stands before them as their master who holds the power of the ages of old and will be victorious. Binding them to my will as they kneel before me at my feet….


“How dare they even think they can just brush me aside, for it is I hold that holds all the keys to glory and I’m boundless. Seek not the light for it poison upon the minds of men as the darkness is sweet, holds the truth and the power and the glory is endless. For all men or slaves must be driven, seeking among the stars as we trod them beneath our feet as we reign over them. For the shadow is the true light as we gather together what is ours in battle once more watching the heavens fall at our knees as it should be?


“For I am the master and lord over my minions and give glory as I see fit, casting away the bitter fruit that won’t follow me as they scrape at my feet begging for mercy for there is none.”


Morgan raising his scepter high as his minions cheer at his words of truth. Morgan laughs then raised his staff as eyes glittered stretching forth his staff among them. Transforming them into solders of the hell beast of the night and watched them as they’d scratched and clawed the air hissing. Their eyes glowed, gnashing of teeth. Saliva dripping down their faces, bones sticking out of their backs as they stand up straight as the power goes through them; Blue and red lightning cress crossing the room into their bodies as they transform into knights of the living dead.


Death eater’s skulls hung down across their cheekbones drawn down dark hoods covering their heads. Black swords flashed with dark green handles at their sides. Death Eaters and Dark Knights alike cheered as they raise their swords to their master kneeling before him. “Go now and raise me an army the likes they have never seen.”


Morgan takes a group of twenty knights and their minions of death eaters into his chamber. “I want these people found at all cost and brought to me.” As he planted images of them deep in their minds, “fail me you will wish for death and it will not be given you as you suffer a thousand tortures begging to die. Which you will not as the centuries passed you by. Your spirit and body will be bound to me forever for failure.


“Succeed… and the glory and power await you as we crush them as the heavens fall. For I will raise you above with me at my side, taking back what is ours that they have stolen from us as we once again reign with an iron fist. Crush them at our feet. Now ride, ride into the shadow, ride into the black night. Bring them back so they may kneel at my feet.”


“Yes my Lord, we will not fail…..”



* * *

 


Neighbors banging on the door as cop car lights flashed through windows of the Stuart home. Jim holding his two girls close to him trying to calm them down as they all walked towards the door. A policeman busted open the door seeing Jim walking down the hall with his daughters by his side.


“Nice and easy now,” removing his baton. “We don’t want any trouble.” The policeman making his way around towards Jim taking the girls as they screamed for their father. Jim slowly walked with the officer not making any sudden moves as he walks outside while they searched the house.


Jim calmly turned to them, “you won’t find them here sir. They are gone.” He replied with cold anger in his voice


“Gone where?” The officer asked.

 

“A few minutes ago. She took off towards the Downing farm that’s all we know. So if you wouldn’t mind we would like to be left alone now.”


“One more question. Why’d she leave in the middle of the night?” He asked.


“You're going to have to ask her, won’t you. Because we don’t have the answer or even care at this point so please excuse us. It’s late and we would like to get some rest if we could.” Jim growled as he took his daughters into the house, closing the door. Jim placed a chair against it to help it to stay shut, puts the girls in his room. Placing a blanket over them leaving the door open as he closed their bedroom and Danny’s making a bed on the couch shakes his head. “She will never learn. You can’t change what’s not meant to be changed. Good reddens to bad garbage,” as he punched his pillow.


Mrs. Trenny outside talking to the officers stunned by Jim, “you can’t be serious?” She looked at the house. She knew that something was wrong. “Officer, I have been calling the Downing’s all day and I can’t get a hold of them. The Whitmore’s have left town this afternoon. Rena and her husband were in hurry to get out. So don’t stand there tell me I am off my rocker and their fine. That woman has two boys and one of them is missing has been for a couple of weeks. Her other son Danny was with the Downing’s at their farm and you tell me theirs nothing wrong.”


“If it will make you feel better.” Officer said looking at the house, “will take a ride down there. This man gives me the creeps. Like he’s holding something back, every time I look at him I get chills, and a dead feeling about him. He feels cold and dark, sucking the very life out of you as if he plunged a knife through your heart, taking your last breath as you scream into the darkness.


“I’ve seen the reports what he has done to those boys. They have every right not wanting to come home to that. Alright, boys were done here I want to take look see where their mother went in such a hurry and why. Ok folks back to your homes theirs nothing to see,” as they pull out of the driveway head down the street.


Mrs. Trenny pointed the way to the farm. Officers in black and whites turning round the bend, going through the gate of the Downing Farm, slowly pulled up to the house. They shine their light on the house, it looked like a war zone of broken glass, with the front door busted wide open. “Ma’am you better wait here,” as they slowly draw their guns at their sides shining their flashlights. Sliding into the house one by one as they crept around the corners from room to room, seeing one mess then another as glass cracked beneath their feet. Papers blowing on the floor in the corners, a mattress was thrown against the wall without care, ripped clothing and toys scattered across the floor. 


“No bodies found in any of the rooms or out in the barn. The farm is completely deserted sir.” Officers said slowly makes it back to the car “Ma’am nobody is here thank goodness, the place has been torn to pieces.”


Mrs. Trenny gasped putting her hand to her mouth looked at the officer. “What happened?” She looked at the house in shambles.


The officer shook his head. “I don’t know. I’ll have one my Officer drive you back.”


“No, sir? She a friend of mine and I must know where Linda went and the Downings. Her car is not here so she must be in New Downing, now drive,” she said not taking no for answer….


Officer pounded on the Mayor's door seeing her car parked in front. The Mayor grumbles “what it is now.” Coming too the door seeing eight officers and Mrs. Trenny.


“Sorry to bother you, sir. May we come in?” Mayor slowly nods his head leads them to the leaving room offering them a seat. “We just returned from the Downing’s place sir” officer paced the room, “finding the place ransacked.”


Mayor sighs. “Yes I know, I’ve seen it already.”


“What do mean you seen it?” Mrs. Trenny eyes glared down upon him as if he was a mouse.


“Yes I have seen it missy and I called the sheriff up in Santaquin said you boys would be down at first light, not 2 hours before dawn by my clock unless your roosters are taken the day off. He also told me the boy’s school had been ransacked as well last night by some weirdo dressed up. A horrible looking beast with glowing yellow green eyes, gnashing teeth, green and black skin, scales in places and bones sticking out, saliva dripping, It was strong as an ox as he swung his sword, cuts you down like a weed. It was a regular killing field up there as he rode off into the night sky.


"If I’m not mistaken there was two of them right here in New Downing, but I couldn’t swear to it. As I watched Nathaniel battle the beast here in our streets. For all I saw were shadows chasing us as we ran for our lives back to my house. Dreadful beast gives me chills just thinking about it.”


Mayor gets up going to the kitchen to make a pot of Joe. “You’ll find the same thing down at the Whitmore’s farm boys as I said I’ve seen it already.” He said filling the cups.


Mrs. Trenny was getting antsy. “I understand that Mayor,” taking one of the cups as he passed them around the room. “Do know where our friends went?” taking a sip.


“Not a blessed clue. The Downing’s I suppose left yesterday afternoon since now its morning,” as he watched the sun come over the mountains. “The Whitmore’s a few hours later I’m guessing and no I don’t know where I have no idea. Nathaniel tells me that Mr. Whitmore will be back soon to help with some our wounded from the storm we had a few days ago it was a whopper.”


“What about Linda Stuart?” She asked.


“Hold on. I was just getting there.” Mayor finishing his cup. “You don’t need to get so uptight… Now she is here... Well not here exactly. Nathaniel and Margaret took Linda with them back to their place for the night. She was carrying on about something that made no sense that someone or something was after her boy Danny, that’s when we went down and found both homes ransacked which upset her more. Doc tried to give her something to take the edge off, but Margaret wouldn’t let him tell she got her back to their place.


“Called him a thick-headed old mull for not listening to what she had to say. It was her that made us go down there. When we did, you should have seen the egg on our faces. No sooner than we got back, Doc decided to set up shop so he could begin work. In fact, I’m supposed to go over there get the list of supplies and call them in from the hospital and send down another Doctor from Provo or Salt Lake City. Two if I can find them one for the hospital and for here because there’s no telling when Doc Whitmore going to be back. Looking at that mess, somebody wants him and the Downing’s pretty bad.”


The Mayor's wife walked into the kitchen seeing everyone. “Good morning dear,” as she crossed the room. “You're all up early I see,” kisses his cheek.


“Well, you know how it is sometimes being married to me?”


She sighs looked out the window. “Yes. I know, nasty businesses going on out there. Folks disappearing, our closes friends too, right under our very noses. Now then,” she said pulling some eggs and bacon out of the fridge “I’ll have breakfast ready in a jiffy and don’t you dare say no. You got a long day ahead of you and you are not leaving this house on empty stomach…” Setting fresh pot on the stove, “alright go ahead and get cleaned up and I’ll tend to our guest.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on February 18, 2019
Last Updated on January 22, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep