Chapter 26-2

Chapter 26-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 26-2


Jaydan was right about one thing as he watched the Whitmore's, his concerned grew more when they mediated in a circle. It was true they were to perform what was needed, but this might be beyond him or even them.


It was focusing and honing their skills as individuals, but this task as he looked about this home-world, would require something more. He was also aware it takes time for things to grow and heal. Like crops and roots and some roots, Rena needed are right here on this world.


The only problem is as he looked at Shywpen investigating the large fishers. She needed access to them underground in the caverns where woman are forbidden to go like her. Near the hot springs cavern of men. For very few if any are allowed in the chamber at all, especial human cultures no matter what tribe they are from.


Kollie and the boys have been pretty busy when they are not meditating so has the tavern and the town has new luster about it. A strange one at that once deserted by Aggie's people now the Altaerin's have set up shop. It wasn't much at first just a place for few soldiers to hanging out. Then overnight it becomes the most popular place to be on the map.


Loraine still gocked now then and girls are still skittish when one comes close to them on the street. Yet it still had its own flavor of sorts, country living outback just the people themselves that were different. These people had large backbones with gangly lizard’s teeth with long white claws running the town.


Linda has become a local favorite when it comes to her cooking. It drives them wild; you cannot find a place to sit in the tavern in anymore since the new renovations made as they increased the size to accommodate larger groups of 50. As Steve and Jim with their new friends strip the old Pedy homes for its lumber and nail pegs.


Peggy and Dona hated it because these guests are rude, ungrateful if not served immediately with ale or sloth of some sort. Strange you would think they’d would feel right at home as Whitmore boy's laugh at them in a corner, being pushed around for a change.


Jim and Steve have also been enlisted or should we say on a scouting party for Aggie and learning how to hunt, with Altaerin's as a guide. Armani made each of them sword and leather cross belt to wear around their waist. Jim was unsure of what he was supposed to do with it. Steve laughs watching him for a moment. “Think of it as if we are playing pirate as kids except for this time it's for real,” he replied.


“Thanks, I think,” Jim said in return waving it round nearly cutting his foot off.


Jaydan spent a lot of time alone it seemed to everyone else, why things bustled around him. Every now and again he walked and checks on their progress and frowned at the hills and the countryside, didn't say anything least not to Whitmore’s, knowing what the answer would be as he frowned at the hills.


It has been almost 4 days since they heard the voice and still no sign of Aggie. He was getting concerned now as Linda and Loraine looked at the food supplies which were nearly depleted. It has helped a lot having Altaerin's here, but still, they needed more if they are to continue on. Elis takes the list to her husband and Loraine sadly gives it Jaydan. Jaydan merely shakes his head looks towards the Whitmore's then sighs. “I will ask.”


Jaydan places his arm around his friend as they walk away from everyone shielded as they talked. Kollie looked into Jaydan eyes as they walked then sit and looked at all the destruction of the dried up land. “Jaydan, as much as we like to do it right now if we could. There something more that must be done first before we can even begin. The Altaerin's are holding something back that must be stopped and come to terms with. When we leave this world it will become theirs and it must begin with them.”


Kollie passed his hand in front as a small window of time opens so Jaydan could see what the master has shown on this place as the link. Aggie ridding hard among a tribe LAkainan's chasing Darzzee henchman to the south then it blurs comes together as both tribes meet on common ground, LAkainan's and Altaerin's. “These people must come together before we can go on. For they hold a fraction of the key of that we need to survive for our people and fight against Morgan. This world must remain as it is as he passes by you except for……?”


Jaydan smiles as he looks at Kollie face. “Yes, my friend. You want answers I give them. Look to your friends Jaydan for they will be the ones that have them.” Kollie stands walks back with him. “The master said we can begin when the sun reaches above that hill and see the first shadow. That something amazing going too happen today, now then I need to rest and meditate with my family for the hour approaches and for them. Seek elsewhere for grocery and town market. If you could pick me up a fine box of cigars or nice pipe,” he replied handing back the list of supplies.


Jaydan stumbles then laughs, slaps him on the back. “You bet just tell me where to shop and I'll go.” Then stop short before leaving. “I can't leave?” Jaydan replied as he looked back at the tavern.


“Why not?” Kollie asked.


Jaydan looks back at Kollie as if he gone loose in the head. “They'll tare themselves apart. Have a fight, Morgan will find them, things will come crashing down due to their Anger.”


Kollie rolled his eyes. “They will be just fine. Loraine can take care of the girls and keep Jim so busy he won't have time to think. Linda's fine and found a new friend in the kitchen; Elis and she make a great team. Now just go and stop wasting time.”


Jaydan sighed walking back to the barn for the wagon and the horses than with a light wave of his hand for the gate, hoping he can still find what he needs in New Downing. thinking the first crops should be in the market now.


Riding down the road passing the old farmhouse now bustling with people, some he knew as they waved back. It wasn't Springfield as he pulls into town says hello to the Mayor scaring him nearly right out of his socks.


Jaydan grinned pulling the wagon over. “How you been Brad?” Jaydan asks gazing over at the town bustling about. Mayor whispered “I thought you left? Been out that way couple of times,” he replied with a worried look on his face as he tries to smile.


“Oh yes were gone, all of us and I mean all of us.”


Handing Brad a letter to take care of as he opens and reads what's inside then sputtered back, “you mean they?”


“Well not exactly with them, no, but they're somewhere else if you could see to it and make sure the uptown Sheriff files that report is in the lost department, where it can't be found I really appreciate it. Now then just need some supplies apparently my little party has run dry and right now we can't produce anything if know what I mean?” Jaydan winks.


“Oh yes of course, how much do you need?” Jaydan hands him a list.


“That's it, how small is your party,” Brad asked.


“7-8 human that is….  The rest have larger needs regarding appetite and new required taste and a liking to some of our custom dishes. Ranging around 300 to 900 at the moment, but I’m expecting a turn of events in a few days on both parties. So double the list and need to find something for our friend Kollie. He has taken up new taste as well for cigars and a nice pipe.”


Brad laughed. “Well, then you're in luck we have both.” Pointing to a new shop on the corner, “he makes them both. Strange, I too have been craving it as well. Finding it peaceful sitting outside watching the hills with the pipe. My wife doesn't care for it says makes me look old.”


Jaydan and Brad making their way around the town as his wagon being loaded, Nathaniel nearly runs him over with Granny by his side. “Well look what the cat dragged in,” Nathaniel smiles. “Come to check on an old friend after leaving all the work, putting a town back together.”


Granny hits him hard. “Be nice now dear. It wasn't his fault and you know it,” she replied.


“Yes, but we should have known it before it happened,” glaring down at him. “Or were you to busy to help “friend...?” He asked as tempers were starting to flare in the middle of the street. It wasn't just these two it was all over, neighbors fighting over little things.


There was brawling in the street as the glass shattered, then a large voice was heard, Morgan's voice.  Jaydan and Nathaniel stopped realized what was happening. Someone or something evil has made its way through the barrier. Jaydan watched a man standing in the road holding a knife in his hand as saliva drips down him with sharp claws.


Jaydan recognized him “Altaerin's.” It was from the world he just came from he must have been hiding in the back of the wagon unseen. Jaydan quickly without thought summons his staff, but Nathaniel stopped him. “You can't, not here.” As he grabs his sword circle around the Altaerin's.  They watched him strike with his dark knife and claws.  Nathaniel sidesteps him as he rolled underneath him as Altaerin strikes missing him by inches for he was quick, then lunges forward with great speed.


Nathaniel turns striking as he turns passing him on the left side, then rolled to the right raising the sword as Altaerin lunges at him.  Nathaniel drives the sword right into his chest, watching Altaerin slump forward surprised, gasping, then falls to the ground dead. The shield once more protecting them the fighting stopped as if it never happened as friends once more shake hands.


“Now what was this about me not being here?” Jaydan asked concerned. Granny explains as she takes Nathaniel hand in heirs. Jaydan recounts the same night with Morgan on the hill before leaving that very night. Then picked up two stones from the street, placed one in Brad's hand then holds it there. When he opens it he finds a stone made of glass, “this is for you my friend. I will come when you need me the most. Or when you just need advice, for there will be times when you can't rely on just Nathaniel. For he to will have other tasks, but for now, he is with you,” Jaydan replied.


Brad nods and thanks him placing the glass stone around his neck as Nathaniel place a shield of protection just for him on the stone. Jaydan hands one to him. “For you my friend so you never feel you are alone. For this will tie and bind us as friends, for I to need you as well. For yours is half. Mine is the other. With Margaret as the center, for she is light that guides us through the darkness.”


Nathaniel opens his hand seeing the three shades blue, Green and White as they each sparkle in the sunlight. Nathaniel nods as he puts it around his neck, he could sense them all and where they are at, he could almost see them as Jaydan tells them how they work as he waves a ward around them their eyes are open.


Brad wanted to weep because of the strong friendship he now holds with them as they call him friend. Yet it was not enough as three walked towards doc hospital in town. Doc smiled with tears wanting to form as they walk toward them with a gift of friendship. Doc unwrapped the small box tied with string. Finding three things; a ring, tonic, and glass stone with a letter from Kollie.


Dear Doc. I hope this will help as we place this in your care. The ring is a gift from all of us with qualities of its own. When you wear it, you will have the knowledge of what needs to be done in healing the wounds great and small. The tonic is from Rena and me... when used on the wound no matter the size or depth and kind it will repair it quickly within a few days or less. After all, you are a simple country doctor in some people's eyes except in ours you will always be more to us.


The glass stone is for your protection for you since you hold the greatest secrets. Once placed upon you the shield well never dissolve or be penetrated regardless if you wear the stone. We thought carefully on this one as we sat in the circle and meditated. In case someone tried to steal it which could happen. Jaydan says this stone and all the other enchantments placed on it as well. Only works for the wearer intend none other.


We also placed something else just for you because your so stubborn which we admire. This came from the master of light himself. He has granted you the gift to see into the hearts and minds of men and women of all walks of life. In your case too see if you can trust them or not.


You will know the difference as you visit and travel from place to place and I mean that. When I say the word “Travel.”… I want you to think of Jaydan and Nathaniel standing by your side as you read the rest of this letter. For you have about 10 minutes you are to grab your bag, throw this into the fire before Jaydan is guided back here with food and supplies so 1, 2, Oh they’ll need to have another Doc for few days. “3.” Or longer.”

              
 Your Friend Kollie and the Whitmore’s.


Doc looked up at Jaydan from the letter hurries and throws the letter into the fire with the package under his arm breathing hard as he grabs his spare bag.  Nathaniel looks at him strangely as he turns around, Jaydan quickly grabs Doc as they run towards the wagon tossing the bag into the back. 


Doc yelling back, “call the hospital. I am taking a leave”…. “Pop,” as a beam of light spreads across them they were gone. Leaving Brad, Nathaniel standing there in the doorway wondering what on earth just happened. No gate just “pop” they were gone.  Nathaniel looked at the nurses and the empty beds pick's up the phone looks at Brad. “I think we're short one doctor,” and dials the hospital......



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on February 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 24, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep