Chapter 26-4

Chapter 26-4

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 26-4



Once more Jaydan turned to the master of light (Glen) as he stood by his side on the hill of green grass. Jaydan taking his staff stretches it forth on the hillside where there was altar once stood. Now stands a stone table of marble large enough for all clan’s High Council and Chiefs.


The master nods then greet them in their native tongue. “Kale na tye gwia tia” Welcome brothers of Gerwin” as he speaks to the Altaerin’s. Glen turned to the LAkainan’s “kye gr dya va say” Welcome brothers of Shawday.” As he bowed to both parties then stands to point to the table of the feast of bounty.


“May your bellies be full and burdens light. For we have much too talk about, for I am the master of the light and the guardian of souls and seek you the light among you. For the darkness has brought destruction upon you and many of your kind throughout the worlds.


“For this reason, we share a common goal for we wish to remain free in the light not as slaves in the darkness. Shackled by the pains of dark shadows of Morgan or men like him; we must come together as one in the light. Freeing ourselves of petty arguments of years of strife and old war wounds of our fathers, fathers for our children’s born in the womb from generation to come.”


Glen slowly replenishes the wine and ale as he speaks. Jaydan watched as the Glen nods with a calm twinkle around the table of the feast. Shywpen, Fayven locked eyes from the across the table as Shywpen growled then stands walking away from the table of the feast.


Glen saddened watched the two men. Watching Jaydan calmly gets up from the table and walked down the hill where he sat alone, looking around the green hills. Not saying a word as he looked out along the trees near the Blue Mountains on “Evitlen.”


Shywpen turned with tears in his eyes as he looked at Jaydan. “I tried once long ago when I was just boy on roaming the lands of our fathers.” He said trying to hide his tears. “To make friends with LAkainan’s my father and his father would not hear of it.


"Yet it was worse for us because me and Fayven we were close friends as brothers at the time. Then a man came into our village with red eyes and long bony fingers dressed all and black his eyes I will never forget even though his face remained in shadows.


“He promising my father great riches if they went to war with the LAkainan’s. For they had the riches my father wanted according to this man.” Shywpen paused as he wipes his tears on his sleeve feeling embarrassed continued on.


“My family being poor and no status among our people hungered for it. Even thou I told him this was untrue. For I knew the people of the LAkainan’s well, for I was considering marriage too Fayven sister Lira whom I fell in love with and she me at the time. 


“My father found out and he was displeased and put stop to our relationship. We met secretly after that. It wasn’t long after that when the man with the red eyes came back to my father showing him a glimpse he called of his future of a leader of untold riches.


“That night a fight broke out in our village, finding three of our soldiers dead with LAkainan’s arrows in them. Then two more with their throats cut and gutted their entrails hang across the square. The war started, killing many on both sides.


"My beloved was one of them as I watched her fall to her knees at my side as the spear struck her. It was my father's spear that struck her. I was shocked as my heart tore in two for my beloved and anger towards my father.” Shywpen paused as he gathered old memories picking the grass around him.


“Then Fayven’s father screamed as he watched me carry my now dead beloved in my arms. His arrow struck my father hard, missing his heart wounding him severely as he fell to his knees. He had taken another arrow as he kills my mother as she runs to his side falling on top of him.


“Then on the hill over the battlefield, I see the man in black with the red eyes as he slowly drifted away.  I scream setting down my beloved, taking one of their horses. I picked up a spear out of the wounded as I rode towards the man of the red eyes.


“He smiles asked me asked me one question. ‘Do you seek power or riches like your father?’ Neither I said with tears rolled down my cheeks. I seek revenge, tossing the spear as he dodges it cutting his left cheek. He laughed ‘good then you seek both’ and dissipates into the shadow of darkness. 


Jaydan understands as he hears the tale of the past between both nation and clans, knowing now that Kollie was right. That this is just one part of the heart of Morgan as he gazed upon Shywpen; Jaydan nods and turned then asked as he waved his hand in front of him watching a small window of time hidden behind the looking glass. “Is this the man you are referring to?” Jaydan asked.


Shywpen sees Morgan now older and more powerful with the same red eyes and bony fingers with the scare on his left cheek. Shywpen eyes and face filled with anger as he growled. “Yes! This is the man of which I speak.”


Jaydan nods. “This man is called Morgan. The boy with him is or will be his Dark Prince. Come we have much too talk about my friend?” Jaydan taking his hand lifted him from the ground as they both walked back to the table.  Shywpen nods with sorrow in his heart as he gazes once more towards Fayven, for their loss has been great.


Fayven stands walks over to Shywpen placing a hand on his shoulder and looked deep into his eyes. “Brother it is time we put childish things away,” he said.


Shywpen claps, gripping his friend's hand. “Yes, my brother,” looking back into his eyes.  Fayven stood by his side. “we shall be as one,” taking the wine glass as they toast and drink from the same cup as a brotherhood.


They embrace each other as the Master and Jaydan confer upon them the light of rebirth. For now, their hearts are pure as the healing of their people of two nations begins. Jaydan nods to the master taking his staff raising it as they return back home among their people. Now bewilder as the bright light ascends upon them for them it was mere moments to them.


Jaydan placed a shield around council so they can not be harmed as they speak to the congregation as he lifts their voice above them so all may hear their words. Many words and whispering were heard as they stood together as one voice and friends under one flag.


Jaydan new time was running short as he watched the sun and watched the people. Kollie and Rena were calmly seating on the porch, him smoking his new pipe her knitting a new wizards gown as they watched.


Aggie too was feeling a little restless as she watched all the children play outside around the tavern. It did feel good to be back as she smells the air, it smelt clean and fresh instead of rotting corpses. Shywpen stood next to Fayven as they both speak “This is my brother and my friend. We come together as one people not because of our differences, but because of our friendship.”


Shywpen recounts the story he told Jaydan to his people. Jaydan placed images of the battle long ago in their mind as he recounts it. Then a man of Morgan and the Dark Prince.


There are tears among the people for there were no riches at all, no gold nor silver. Nothing but hate and destruction, wanting revenge, to regain power over the people and over these lands so many of their people have died for nothing on both sides as they think of the man named Morgan who wanted this war between them.


Fayven speaks placing his arm around Shywpen. “He is my brother and my friend as well more so now than ever. For there was a time he would have been a part of our clan as a member of my family.” Fayven wiped a tear from his eye as he tells them he was winatopa (engaged) to his sister Lira before she was killed. “Now I embrace him as if he was still apart of my family, for my feelings have not changed for him. For my sister's spirit lives on in him and among us. Welcome home, my brother.”


Shywpen was indeed touched as he embraced his longtime friend, lifting him off his feet. Then slapped him on the back watched him cough then growls laughing. “New custom brought by my new friends.” Everyone laughed as they slap and copy. Jaydan and Aggie reeled over watching.  Then Shywpen and Fayven bow to Whitmore’s and Jaydan turning to them.


Kollie and Jaydan approach the large group in front. As everyone bows to them including the council. Jaydan calmly stops in front “There is no reason for you to bow before me. For I am not your master, you have not been put into slavery. Neither has the Whitmore’s for we are not Kings among men, but of men from afar.


“We share a common thing as the light that burns within us, the truth that sets us free. We, my friends, are here to help you and guide you from the darkness that has plagued you and this world. This why we are here for you….


“You, we have been told that Morgan and his Dark Prince is coming, that you must beg at his feet for mercy to spare your life. This is untrue.” Jaydan paused as he walks in front of all the clans as he watches the sun start to fall and continues.


“Yes he is coming and will be here soon, but I am not or you will be begging at his feet. For I have come for this very reason alone to ensure you of your safety for all that stand in the light.


“The Master of the light and the Whitmore’s have created a place deep within this very planet a larger cavern that will hold everyone comfortable as he rides by. I promise you no harm will come to you as long as you remain in the shield and in this cavern. This is why I have saved the remains of this town so I may demonstrate unto your safety and my word.”


Kollie nods to Jaydan nodding to Aggie to gather everything and everyone close together. Aggie nods as she raised her staff and Jaydan his with the Whitmore’s in the middle holding hands mediating. A large ball of blue and green light surrounds the town working around everyone and out until it covers everyone and everything.


It twinkles then fades then burst into white stars of dust. Right when a group of Darzzee sees the light as it blinks out blinding them. Leaving nothing expect an old board and the tree that Whitmore’s planted. Everything was just dirt and dry ground with jagged rocks still cooling with barren hillsides.


The light dims around the people and town underground with all the people Yet there was a light source emitting from the rocks as if was still day.  There was an underground river flowing off to the sides with green patches of fresh green moss and patches of soft grass. 


The town buildings were located in the same spot as on top of the world with all manner of trees and roots in the corner near the water's edge.


An old soldier Shywpen recognized leading a bunch of people, coming out of some of the cavern’s bewildered looking at the larger group and the town sitting down here. Shywpen walked towards him as the rest of his group ran to their friends explaining all that’s been happening.


“Welcome my friend, Kern,” as he embraces him. Kern looked stunned at Shywpen as if he has lost his mind somewhere up top, looked over towards LAkainan’s.


Shywpen laughs watching his eyes. “No my friend! We have put childish things away,” as he sits and talks and explains as his friend nods. Not sure how to accept it so easily. Kern tells him with a sad heart how many people they lost when the earth spit and broken and renewed itself with fire. Then a bright light was cast among them holding them as they watched spirits of the dark souls among them die crying out.


Shywpen tries to look away as he looked towards Kollie and Rena for they were right as he sat with the master at the table. Shywpen nods not saying more regarding the dead and the lost. “Come and meet and share the joy, for we share it among our new friends as the beast rides past us……”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on February 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 24, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep