Chapter 27-1

Chapter 27-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 27-1



* * * *

 


Gartooth and the wizards weren’t that lucky as Glen sends them far, far, far away with no memory of who they are or what they were doing except becoming close friends and drinking buddy’s with pitcher of ale on the table and mug in each hand and song. No memory of Jaydan or the Dark Prince or who he might be. For now, they are Pirate Sailors of the green sea of Morntiera. Caption Gartooth at the helm and his wizards the helmsmen, “eye, eye Caption sir,” Sailing for now until… Glen laughed watching what’s behind the looking glass…



* * * *

 


Morgan camped there a week with no results with no signs of anything except this tree, all reports have come back that this planet is dead with no life except this tree.  Morgan paced up and down kicking the dirt as it scatters from one side to the other. Something in his gut tells him that there’s something here, “but what and where?” He plants the staff in the ground meditates gets the same images and the same cries from the shadows as the sickness leaves and is destroyed. Looks at the mountains again nothing, the hillside remains the same. "Where are the army’s, the warriors ready to do battle for me?" He says to the tree that mocks him.


He waits two more days with no resolve with still no bodies of any kind or bones to tell him differently. Morgan frowns angrily looking back at the hills and the tree and the barren mountains.  Morgan regretting his decision for the time has come to move on, but he will be back. After speaking with the shadow king his old master as he yelled. “Strike the camp I want it done in one hour or die.” Morgan placed his finger on the map of the next location circled in red handed it to Jeff then laughed at his Prince. This one I do in your name alone. “Zueqinten’s”…….



* * * *

 


Jaydan watched from the hillside with a small party of clan’s men, Shywpen and Fayven looking out among the group staying within the shield. As Morgan and his Dark Prince look towards the mountains before departing. Morgan could have sworn he saw something as they turned as the sun gleams down on a spear. Then it was gone feeling nothing he makes a gate angrily and pushed on towards his next destination. Fayven and Shywpen shout for joy watching the gate close and breathed more deeply.


Jaydan walked towards the tree and looks down at the ground, seeing a small piece of paper flapping in the tree as a leaf. Written with charcoal the words, “Jaydan help them, I am so sorry Zueqinten’s.” With tears smeared on the lettering. Jaydan looked towards where his friend left… “Me to my friend… Me too,” knowing there was nothing he could do to help ease the burden. For the master has set the course, Jeff must become the Dark Prince trapped within him, the sorrow and the price must be paid. Kollie puts his arm around him with bitter tears as they both look out upon the land. “Go in peace my friend, go in peace.”


It was a merry celebration down in the caverns as the news spread that Morgan and his prince have left and Jaydan and their new friends have kept their word in regard, providing a safe haven for them all. Yet it was time as he promised them that this planet would become theirs to inhabit. Not just this lonely cavern as Shywpen and Fayven sit around the table with the council in the Tavern. Deciding which half was theirs and who would be in charge and who wouldn’t be.


It was the same old problem and the same power struggle; from one side to the other among the council members. Fayven and Shywpen tried to intervene in sticking together. Yet others on the council felt it was time for a new vote, pushing aside and out favor their current leaders.


Yet once again it seemed there would be no end to the bickering between the two groups. The tension was riding high underground until the planet rumbled enough as Aggie shields the children and Jaydan shields the rest. You could hear a pin drop as a strong white light stood in the middle of the cavern. Glen called fourth Fayven and Shywpen to stand by his side. Shywpen, Fayven slowly looked at Jaydan as he nods to them. The master calls them forward, resting his arms around them.


“Brethren! Have I not kept council with you and been among you. Yet still, you fight as small children of things unimportant. When you should be seeing too your needs to your family’s safety, providing food and shelter for everyone.


"These are things that you need to be focused on; for Morgan and his men may have left your world for now. Does not mean he could not return for vengeance upon you. This day you have a new world…. I have given you and the means for long life for generations upon your seed. Yet you squabble of things that you yourselves have put in place as the pattern weaved.


“These two men at my side now as brothers in their hearts and in their minds you have selected yourselves because they are good men. Listen to your hearts for I have spared them and seen them and give them new life… Abounded the old ways of your forefathers for they were sinful causing great contention around you. Seeking power, riches self-victory… glorifying themselves non-others taking and killing…. Instead of root yourselves in the light of truth lording over no one. Share with your neighbor and your friends.


”Build a mighty nation with great beauty for all with no poor among you. Enhance your knowledge, of things that matter. Not of pride, but of a caring heart. Do these things and the rewards will be more than you can count; seek not the shadow of the mask. For he brings destruction and hides in secret of lies, while the light holds the truth and is open and free and enslaves no one.


“For I know the mask he wears as he himself has sat by my fire as I give him another to wear. For he does not and will not give his willingly so he is doomed to walk in the darkness until then. For peace only comes to those that are willing to accept the truth and be guided by the light once more removing the mask….


“You hold the light in your hearts this very day as single candle it burns bright. Yet a single flicker can blow it out. Again seek not the shadow of war and prosecution upon your people. Help those that are in need that shares the light as they to fight against the shadow of darkness. Do these things I promise no harm will befall among your people; for the dead and the fallen have cried out of the mighty mountain, now rest in peace once more in the light.


“Follow not this council this cures of the lands will return a hundredfold. Until not one generation or seed among you is wiped clean as the barren planet sits waiting for a rebirth.”


Glen lifted his arms summons his mighty staff. It was the first time Jaydan has ever seen the master so magnificent as he stretched forth the staff of sold silver. Brighter than the sun as it light surrounds all the people with one pass and a blink of an eye. The people standing once more on the surface around the tree. Glen sitting under the tree with a large stone table filled with all manner of foods…. standing beside him Fayven, Shywpen, Jaydan and the Whitmore’s.


Glen nods to the Whitmore’s that it is time. Kollie taking his family sits in a circle where everyone can see them as their friends stand by their side. Kollie nods to Shywpen and Fayven invited them to sit in the middle of the circle as friends as the whispers among the crowd as they watched the changes as they started out small watching new life spreading out, covering the lands, mountains, and hills. Green vegetation as vibrant they have never seen. Trees growing turning into thick forest and large thickets of vegetation; flowers of all kinds and verities spring up, mixed in with soft green grass. Water trickling down slowly along the new springs than filled long riverbeds that were completely dry.


Lightning striking and snow falling over the mountain tops producing cool breezes and crisp clean air. Kollie and Rena still holding hands letting go of the boys taking each a hand of Shywpen and Fayven as the glow forms around them. Their eyes sparkle with tears as they both look up at the sky they see two doves and an eagle above them circling then lowering carrying a small branch as they sit on their shoulder. The Eagle materialized into Fayven sister and the dove’s both fathers standing near their sons.


Fayven sister lays a small kiss on each of their cheeks as the two shed tears before she is gone. Boy’s fathers with loving eyes dropped the olive branch into their hands and embraced their sons once more.  Then we're gone, as the three soars into the air over the mountains, it was done. Kollie and Rena let go as Jaydan catches Rena, Steve catches Kollie. For it was finished two souls have been reunited with their loved ones once more now they to can be at peace.


Glen slowly made his way over to Fayven and Shywpen putting his arm around them as they walked. Nobody knows what they talked about as they each planted the olive branch into the ground side by side as the master waved his staff, watching two magnificent trees grow. You would have to ask them as they smiled with arms around each other as brothers forever.


For in the tree lived two doves and an eagle as the two planned that day to build two houses near them. Two brothers took a large sticks and rocks setting markers for a new home. They laughed that night together while others feasted around the table. Their hearts were full and eager to start providing for their families; for they had more riches than they could count.


Yet more was needed and required as they all sat in council they had nothing to trade or anything to provide food for their families. None of their clan could perform deeds like the Whitmore’s and vegetation would not feed a family or community for long. Everything was wiped clean from the planet or destroyed except for a few goods that Jaydan brought.


 It was not nearly enough and would be gone within another week. They had no seed for planting crops, no animals or livestock or tools to do the work needed to get started. All they had for shelter was the underground cavern and small town with no houses. Each tribe or council member made a list of things they needed hoping Jaydan or the Whitmore’s could help. 


Jaydan looked at the list with Kollie as he shakes his head. “I am sorry Jaydan, but the answer is no, they must grow it on their own. We just can’t say make this spot be grain and this spot fruit and over here trees for timber. And places a mountain with ores they need to make to build tools.


“Yet if they had the seed and the tools, to begin with, they could soon learn to work the land given to them. In time they will have what they need to live. There is no magic for something’s or miracles that have not been done. It is enough the master has said; they must live, but the how is up to them.”


Kollie walked away putting his hand on his friend shoulder. “Look to your friends for answers they will provide a way.” Jaydan returns to his room once more gazing down at glass made of stone. Mediating with a heavy heart, Jaydan searched each one as he gazed out in a silent wind around them. He needed seed worst of all and someone, a teacher for these people.


Jaydan locking on to Syneral Rigs as he is looking over a map of the area of Gorn Township, Jaydan stands beside him as figure transparent as Rigs looks up at Jaydan. “I thought that was you spying on me,” he laughed.


Jaydan paced looking around at his camp now larger than it was before. “Well I been sort of busy last few days, what can I say?” Rigs cast a ward around them so they can talk posting a guard with no disturbance. Rigs sits on the cot as Jaydan proceeds pacing as Rigs updates him on the news of the local advents and Jaydan marks on the map where the other two regiments are. “Rigs I have run into a problem and looks like you are the man that might be able to solve it.”


“How so?” Jaydan recounts what’s been going on Trillen.


“Now I’m in need of seed for planting and the tools to do it. Plus one additional thing” looking outside the tent, “I need farmers…. Normally I could get them for Nathaniel, but master said no because these kinds will be forming a special task and will not and can not return once placed.”


Rigs thought for a minute…. “Seed I can provide and the tools yet farmers I do not have enough to spare. Yet I do remember a place long ago in my travels where you might be able to find what you are looking for. You’ll find them among the people of Zueqinten’s”


Jaydan eyes fell as the name struck him hard. Nearly in shock then paces with a broken heart as he stands in front of his friends face. “Rigs, Morgans there now or has gone through there two days ago.”


Rigs eyes watched with disbelief. “How did he know of this place?”  He asked.


Jaydan shakes his head. “I don’t know,” then it dawned on him with great sadness. Jeff must have found it in Lenny’s library and Morgan must have found out about it somehow. Now he is taking Jeff there now to destroy him, himself thinking he is EJ. This was the price he would pay as the sorrow begins and the hate tortures his soul.


Jaydan eyes filled with great sadness for his friend knowing there is nothing he can do for him. “Rigs I need you to take armament of soldiers to Zueqinten’s and I’ll send everyone else right behind you too meet there as we gather together once more. For now, I’ll take what you can give me.”


Rigs nodded with a sad heart. “It hasn’t been easy ...yet… We all must push on.”


Wagons loaded as Syneral Rigs makes a gate for Trillen as Jaydan waited on the other side sending the wagons back to him empty with his men. There was one surprise awaiting Jaydan; the errand boy Jared and his father with his wife, hands Jaydan a sealed envelope. “A gift from the master he said you needed them. Why I do not know, but they belong with you and no they are not farmers.”


Jaydan laughed watched the last wagon go through the gate. The little family smiled back at him, “So where is the picnic? We are starving?”


Jaydan laughs even harder. “Depends what’s on the menu.” The family watching a family of Altaerin’s walking towards them as the mother screamed and boy's eyes pop out of his head, watching the father turn to two shades of white. Shywpen introduces himself and their family. Ma fainted with Jaydan catching her in her arms. Jaydan laughed. “New comer’s from far, far away.” He replied helping the women in his arms get to her feet.


Jared the errand boy smiles carefully. “You're not going to eat us, are you?” He asked.


Shywpen laughed. “No son you would not make the menu,” as Pa wipes the sweat off his face. “Yet it has been a while since we had meat, my friend,” looking at Jaydan... “I think our natives are getting restless.”


Jaydan puts his arm around his friends. “Come we have much too talk about,” as they all walked to the tavern. Ladies twittered in the kitchen with all the news from the other worlds, Jared’s mother Delia. Telling the going on’s and what’s been taking place.


“That’s right it’s been dreadful; Morgan has killed most of the population and very little of anything is left. We barely have enough to feed ourselves as it is. Or leader does what he can. Yet we are so limited because we must pick up and go. Never staying long enough to grow anything not that we could mind you, it’s like a wasteland of burnt soil and dead smelling bodies everywhere.


“We spend half a day just digging mass graves for people and some animals. What animals we do find alive have turned wild into beast ready to kill you at drop of a hat, right on down to the smallest insect.  No Else, you have it good here compared to out there where we came from. I must say. Somehow you must have lucked out having this nice clean environment.”  Delia replied.


Else smiles as she looks at Linda, Aggie, and Loraine with some of the other wives. Picking up a small teacup as they all watched the children play outside unafraid. For once it was peaceful now. Even Peggy and Dona weren’t causing too much trouble after a good talking to by Else and her husband. Now again a mean word was said as Else and Linda turn their head as the two separate for some strange reason as Else picks up a knife and fork smiling at them. They have learned that is one woman you defiantly don’t cross.


Jaydan once more had to rely on his old skills of the past not that he was any good at it mind you. As the menfolk walked out deciding and agreeing where the best location to harvest the first crop of wheat, corn, and potatoes. They walked with large sticks drawing a line then pound it in the ground, while some went out with axes chopped down trees to create poles. Jaydan knew very well he could not rely on magic to do the work for them because after they left. It would be up to them how they proceed and do it on their own. He just needed to provide the tools and the knowledge. Yet he did the best he could what he had to work with.


It was hard work turning warriors like LAkainan’s into farmers for they depend more on using their hunting skills yet same goes for the Altaerin’s who lived in caves of the mountain and the underground to survive. The master had intended for both groups to live as one people above ground sharing both knowledge and skills. Yet it worried him what was taking place where his friend Jeff is as he paces in his room. He had other duties as he slowly watched the people plant the seed with the help of the children along the rows.


Kollie knocks on the door then opens seeing his friend near the window. Kollie places his arm around him as he looks out. “It seems just yesterday when Wayne was showing me how to raise my first crop of wheat. As I try to be a farmer and a country doctor, and a local Sheriff. Now I and my family put on the same hat yet play a different role on different worlds as we travel. Sometimes we heal people other times we heal worlds. Yet in a way were still the same people with the same responsibilities. Our door is closing on this world my friend and soon another will open with more challenges.”


Jaydan looked up and glanced at the hill. “Yes, but this world holds more for you and yet somehow you have not found it. For it is the heart of the beast lain in shadow. You have purified seen its heart yet it waits for you. Morgan knew this long ago my friend and now it is time we strike at its center.”


Jaydan stood in the middle as he gathered the Whitmore’s, he forms a triangle as it circles about them with his staff. A large penetrating light opens around them reaching the very heart as if the planet itself was beating, breathing. Whitmore’s focused on the heart as it slowly peels away the crust of festering blackness surrounding it. Jaydan taking his staff combining the light of the master strikes hard into the center. A bright light burst shedding its skin.



* * * *

 


Morgan on the hill screamed as he clutched his chest looked out among the stars in agony. Reeling almost slumped over his horse gasping. Jeff looked over at Morgan feeling Morgan’s pain grinned then it was gone. Morgan once more regains control turning around. Tries reopening a gate for Trillen but fails as a bright light cascades upon him. He curses with vengeance with such anger shaking the very planet he is on showering destruction upon it as he headed back to his stronghold dragging the boy prince behind him.



* * * *

 


Jaydan and the Whitmore’s once more on the surface of Trillen the master standing among the people, he nods as he raised his staff with a loud thunder surrounding the planet in a brilliant light for all to see that can see with the purest heart. Life once more in its true form of all manner of beast, and birds of color. Nature was now complete once more and renewed. Altaerin’s all in human form shed their skin and primitive qualities like their brother LAkainan’s. Aggie people rediscovered once more as Garwin's as one people renewed after a thousand years of war and hate, plagued by Morgan. It was finished.


The master once more sat among them then left with a simple warning. “For the dawn of the shadow hides well in the light. Keep the truth in the light as it shines brightly among you and the heavens shall be your guard… Keep not the light among you and darkness will enslave you for the shadow will not guard you except destroy you,  poisoning your hearts and minds leaving nothing, but empty promises………"



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on February 21, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep