Chapter 28-1

Chapter 28-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 28-1



* * * *

 


The air thick and dry as the sun-scorched high above them, for Morgan, has left nothing so much as a blade of grass behind here at Zueqinten's. Buildings crumbling, people laying face down in pools of their own blood, the place reeked of death. Syneral Rigs surveyed the land as he entered from the gate. Syneral Rigs eyes searching the barren hills, searching for any survivors... “Caption Gergans setup post and begin burial detail,” Syneral Rigs replied.


“Yes, sir.” Caption replied issuing orders to the men.


Rigs being used to being in battle knew the signs well, but this was no battle. This was a slaughter for no other purpose. Men, women, and children dead lying dead in the streets “Morgan will pay!” Rigs fists tighten around his emerald staff. Caption Gergans slowly puts his hand on Rigs shoulder then points to the east.


A small boy with his mother cries out to them. “Help me? Please, I beg of you,” pleading for her life. The small boy with wavy yellow hair, fair complexion, face stained with tears. His mother kneeling before them dirt ridden with dried blood on her apron and clothes weeping, “please spare us, we mean you no harm.”


Rigs carefully kneel too the women lifting her chin. “We have come to offer our help, yet it seems we might be too late.” Rigs stood looked at his small group as they busy themselves helping with the dead, place his arm around the women. “Come...” Offering his hand and smiles gently with a soft tear and calm voice, the woman could see the kindness in his face as he offers his hand.


“Thank you, kind sir, my name is Kren and this is my son Dixon,” she replied.


“I'm Syneral Rigs glad to meet you ma’am” then rubbing the boys head as he smiled, “if you need anything just ask me or my Captions. We will be glad to be of services, for now, let's see if can find you some fresh clothes and see about....”


“I can't Syneral Rigs your generosity is more than I can ask. For others like myself are worse off than me, we are but a handful left. I can not without knowing and seeing to their needs first,” she replied.


Syneral Rigs nods placing his hand on her shoulder as he gazed out and pauses. “Yes, I see them strange I did not before.” The women looked at his face seeing the white glow as he looks towards the hills. “Caption Gergans assign men and whatever this women need to bring down the rest of her people,” he replied as he issuing orders.


“Yes, sir.” Caption replied.


“Now then,” turning to his little group watching them work, as he left the woman, gathering what they can from the broken huts, of course, his group is not so little anymore compared to when they started.


Yet it did worry him some, for they were a ragged bunch still and more were coming. Jaydan said. ‘Do what you can turn no one away.’ “Yet he has not told us how we are going to feed so many. I have more questions," then answers as I look at my group.


Rigs paced along the broken road kicking the small rocks, looked at the broken villages of small grass huts along the road. It reminded him of his youth as a small boy growing up in Heystein a long the river banks.


It was least three hours before the others arrived with their parties. Yet the sun never moved or the heat off the land seemed never to cool as the day wore on. “Syneral Tweed was the last to arrive with his group. “Any word from Jaydan?” Rigs asked as he stood to grab a fresh towel to mop his face.


“None my friend. He just said for us to meet him here that's all and bring aid to these people,” Syneral Tweed replied.


“Syneral Rigs the men have return.”


“Thank you Caption...” Caption Gergans face stricken with worry. “It’s really bad sir, the people...?” Caption Gergans replied.


“What is Caption?” He asked


“You'd better see it for yourself.” Gergans swallowed hard before pointing to his men under guard at knife-point in a large tent. “They're inside sir... “


“Caption I told you to help them not...”Opening the tent finding the woman and the boy covered with boils and flesh decaying; transforming into a beast of burden from the pits of hell themselves. Syneral Rigs covered his mouth backing out of the tent slowly as they cry and bay with such pain. It was spreading quickly as he watched his small group that has been here the longest. Turn into these creatures before his eyes.


He knew he was in trouble from what? Listening to the cries all around him... In the air, there was loud laughter as he turned seeing Morgan on the hillside with his Dark Prince. Morgan taking his raven black staff called forth the beast of Darkness and pain as the sky darkens around them.


Lightning fanning out in the like fingers as they touched the souls of the new creatures, as they transform... His voice echoed. "I have you at last and now you are at my command,” Morgan yelled as he takes up his staff.


Syneral’s Rigs, Tweed and Tomas standing side by side gleamed in pure white light, taking their staffs then unite them. Morgan watched as a soft white light cover the land around them. Morgan heard the masters of light voice. “The shadow shall not have these lands Morgan for these are my people. For their hearts are pure and have caused no harm.”  The master of the light replied in a loud thunderous voice.


Jaydan stood on the right side of the master of light Known as Glen. Planting their staffs in the ground, Jaydan pointed to the Whitmore's on a distant hill. Morgan screamed as he is bond; for he can not move, as he watches his soldiers fall into a deep sleep.


The planet below them shakes and trembles beneath his feet. Morgan and his Prince watch as all his work becomes undone. The master pointed to him,


Morgan trembles for the first time then falls on his knees. Jeff looked on upon the master; he knew what he must do as he picked up Morgan's staff, placing one hand on Morgan's shoulder. “It’s time,” as the master nodded as a whispered of voice to Jeff with a tear in his eye.


Jeff pointed the staff at the Master of Light as the power flows through him. A loud sound of thunder is heard then black light flashed in the form of a bolt lightning as it is released, Heading straight towards the Master heart as he fells to the ground.


Jaydan in shock as he watched the Master had now fallen. Takes up the Master staff and pointed it at Jeff as tears rolled down his face, for he knows it must be done. A crimson fire of white flames shoots towards Jeff.


Jeff smiles waiting with such eagerness stepped in front of his new master Morgan to shield him. Jeff staff raised with such quick movements rebounds the hit striking Jaydan as it brings him to his knees.


Jeff charged with such force as the wind pushed him off the hill. Jaydan meeting him face to face. Their bodies charged as they fight staff upon staff. The air about them crackled as the lightning danced back and forth between them.


Jeff turned left then right, His new strength filling him as grows 7 feet tall. Taking his dark sword plunged it deep into Jaydan chest with tears streaming down his face. “Forgive me!”


Jaydan looked into his eyes as he pulls out the sword Jaydan gasp. “It is done.” Jaydan falls watching the Dark Prince make a gate with Morgan over his shoulder. Jaydan closed his eyes as the darkness subdues him; Jeff has become the Dark Prince.


Jaydan’s Syneral’s standing above him for their fallen leader. A soft white light in cases him then a soft whisper. “Weep not for he has been chosen, for destiny now he must walk. For he is me and I am him. Weep not for the fallen for they are pure among you. Their sacrifice was of the heart not of evil. Fear not what is to come for in stars it has been foretold. I give them rest for the Journeys is long.” The Master’s voice replied.


Whitmore's surrounded in white light as two men stood in their circle. Music of rushing water and a cool wind blew around them. Zueqinten was once more coming back alive. The sun now in its proper place as the shadows of clear skies of blue appear on the hillside, touching the green hills of Zueqinten. Syneral’s looked towards where Morgan soldiers lay in a deep sleep on the fields below.


The light dims around the Whitmore's as Jaydan stands in the circle by the side of the master. Stretching forth his hand, Morgan’s Dark Knights and soldiers of war transform into White Knights of white robes and golden capes flowing around them.


The soldiers stood tall in a row dressed in plated silver and long drawn swords of light by their sides. Their steeds bridled in plated armor, dazzling bright in the sun. Flag's posted with Jayden's symbols and colors. Bowden kneels then stands holding his brilliant silver staff in his hand then raise it, placed it into Jaydan hands.


Derrick kneels then stands placing his staff of silver into Jaydan hands. Jaydan nods to them and to the Master of the light. Jaydan holds each staff high as a stream of golden sunlight beams down upon him. Taking each staff he holds then stretched forth as they change into brilliant gold. Jaydan handed each their new staffs as they then kneel once more before him and the master.


Jaydan placed a hand on each of their shoulders. The rays of the sun touched down upon them transforming them as they are giving rebirth. Their hair now white as driven snow. Gowns of white laced with silver and gold.


They stand then nod taking their places by the soldiers as their commander. Each turned taping his staff then raises it marching towards the Synerals standing side by side. “We come before you as knights of old we serve and protect those that are with you and will come to that walk in the light. For our journey has like yours has just begun.”


Syneral’s bowed before them. “We welcome you brother.” They replied.


Jaydan stood before the master as he embraces him once more. “Now it begins” Jaydan nodded then walked down towards the group and embraces each one of his friends.


Sylen following with his eyes could feel something had changed about Jaydan. Was confused as the tugging of his inner self stopped the second Jeff presumably killed Jaydan. Yet Jaydan was very much alive, not to mention what in the heck transpired during the battle or how to explain what he just wittiness. Sylen eyes slowly gazed around the camp; there are a lot more people with a white aura about them now than before.


Jaydan could see the puzzlement on his face as he makes his way towards them, with his Pa in tow laughing among them. Jaydan rubs Sylen head. “I bet you are glad to see me?” Jaydan replied laughing.


Sylen gives the biggest smiles he can give with amazed eyes. “I sure am.”


Sylen looked towards the fields where the battle took place. Jaydan calmly smiles. “Its alright Sylen, he's gone, but I believe there is a promise me and you made am I right?”


Sylen eyes twinkled with excitement. “You mean it? We can go?” He asked.


“I don't see why not, we have everything under control here. I think…. that is,” looking at his Ma smiling. “Has he been doing what he has been told?” Jaydan asked.


Ma nods. “Yes he has,” she laughed with a smile leans down kissing his head. “Alright go find your bothers Sylen and your aunts.”


“You bet Ma,” he replied as she watched Sylen take off out of the tent trying very hard not to fall or trip.


Pa laughed putting his arms around his dear wife. “Are sure we will be alright, after all, he wanted to take half the camp?” He asked.


Jaydan rubbed his chin. “A promise is a promise. He kept his end it's up to us to keep our end. Besides I don't think Morgan is in any shape right now do anything, for at least a few days.”


Sylen brothers carrying him on their back with aunts, sisters, and the Whitmore's, entered the tent with Richard yelling “come on mother.” Grandma looked back at wagon one last time before entering the tent. Jaydan laughs watching Sylen busting at the seams, and then nods outside the tent at Derrick, Bowden and his two Syneral’s.


Jaydan placed a ward around their large tent. “Alright EJ we can go”, Jaydan smiles than with winks as a quick swirl of fresh wind circle about them.


EJ jumped up and down pointing down the road to the little farmhouse. “I told ya look... can you see it?” EJ ran towards the fence with all his might. “And over theirs my Pony.”


The Master's wife comes over to the gate and smiled. ”Hello EJ,” EJ gives her a big hug as she laughs. “Oh my son,” when you have a picnic you have one. Well, don't just stand there every one come inside.”


“Yes, ma’am.” EJ taking Ma and Pa's hand as they all walked through the gate. At first, it seemed strange, like a tingling sensation as they watched EJ transform back into his old self. It was the first time in a long time since EJ has been in his true form and theirs for that matter.





© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep