Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 29




Glen laughed coming around the other side of the house. EJ runs and jumps into his arms. “I brought them just like you said I could,” he replied.


Glen rubs his head. “Yes, I did,” Setting him back on the ground. Glen makes his way over to each one and smiles. Glen looks at Betty with a stern look. Whispers in her ear “I think its time you told them what your hiding in that wagon,” he replied.


Grandma looked shocked as her eyes nearly pop. Glen nods confirming he meant it. “Now then you'll be staying here, all the arrangements have been made. I figured you all could use a nice rest. Wayne, boys your horses are in the barn and your rooms are prepared so you may go freshen up and change into something more comfortable. We have fields that need plowed and seed to plant and plenty of work to do. There's just one catch.” Glen grinned. “You are not allowed to do any of it that can be done without your new skills folks.”


Jaydan slaps Wayne on the back then pushed him towards the house laughing. “That goes for all you girls.” Mrs. Tremens putting her arm around them then pushing them towards the house.


Wayne looks back at Jaydan as he nods. “I got it, now go,” Jaydan replied.


“Yes sir,” Wayne replied without an argument.


Everyone went into the house looked around the place. EJ could have sworn it was smaller last time as he gazed around the living room. Glen leaned down whispers in his ear. “Nothing is as it seems son. Like you; this place grows and just like you do, It has a life just as you have a life, for it holds what you need to hold.”


EJ nods looking outside the window all he can see are green hills and pastures as far as he can see. “Glen, is Jeff coming?” EJ asked looking out the window of his house.


Glen puts his arm around him, “No EJ, he's needed else where as you are needed here with your family.” Glen looks into EJ's eyes then kneels. “Jeff can't be with you for a while he's gone like you. Your path lies down a different road; he's the one that died, for he is no longer Jeff in your world or the worlds you travel to now and the future. He is the Dark Prince.” Glen wiped soft tears of a small boy as he held him close, “I am sorry it has to be this away, son.”


Pa and Ma came down the stairs. EJ runs into their arms as they stroke his hair and looks at Glen with a surprised look. For they know now he just lost his best friend, his companion. They watched with a single wave of Glen's hand something changed in the house.


EJ looked up wiping his eyes as Mrs. Tremens walks in the room. “Martha dear, take EJ up get him cleaned up I just ran a hot bath for him.” Placing a hand on his head giving him a gentle kiss. EJ forgot all about Jeff as if he did not even exist except for a small whisper of wind as still small voice left behind.


I am the beacon and the guide, you will not remember me or my passing upon the evening tide, for the stars are bright and we are bothers of time, for we hold that bond until we meet as one. Weep not for the lost my brother, my comrade, my friend. It is I that weep upon our journey, for I hold you in my heart until we meet again.


Everyone changed for a days work on the farm, it seemed good again like old times. Danny, Ted, and Sam out playing in the yard having the time of their lives. It was good to hear laughter again as Grandma and Aunts sat on the porch with a needle and thread. Mrs. Tremens in the kitchen with Martha cooking up a storm with the girls. “Please, Martha just call me Melee and stop doing that,” smacking her hands lightly. “Its all in the fingers and simple commands.” Watching dishes fly across the room and bowls stir themselves.


Martha laughed. “And I thought I could cook up a storm giving it try.”


Wayne and the boys were having the darnedest time trying to figure out how to plow a field with their skills. All Glen allowed was for them to hook up a wagon and load it with seed with no plow or shovels and just his staff. Glen and Jaydan laughed themselves silly. That was until Jaydan finally gave Wayne some pointers. “Your staff is just a tool as you consecrate on it becomes part of you. Think about what you are trying to do... like this.”


Jaydan taking his staff stretching it forth watching a beam of light cut the surface of the rows. Then nods for him to give it a try. Wayne tries to copy, feeling the sweat pouring down his face. Then takes a deep breath; all he got was lines that was so jagged, going left then right. You would think the boys were plowing. All in all, it was a good time, but Glen was right they need lots of work. Jaydan trying to instill confidence putting a hand on his friend shoulder.


“Alright boys,” Glen turning to Robert and Will then looked up and smiles at EJ, “EJ I believe that includes you. There are fences that need to be put up boys Kollie and his boys will go with you.” EJ was glad because it gave him chance to ride his Pony, but he wasn't expecting Glen to whisper in his ear. “I think your ready son.” With those words spoken EJ's eyes shined feeling the power in him change. EJ turned and looks at Glen as he nodded, “ready for what?”


Jaydan eyes glowed. “It is time for EJ for you to become “The White Solan,” For the Dark Prince has risen.” The valley echoed with trumpets of all accords. The sky above them, stars themselves seemed to fall and darken, then the sun shines brightly once more, its rays shining down upon EJ as the words of White Solan is called forth, EJ transform before them in the purest white. The Master, Jaydan everyone around kneels beside him. Glen takes his staff placing it in the White Solan hands. The Solan points his staff into the heavens. A bright star bursts creating endless stars into the heavens, until they fill the sky once more. The light dims around him EJ is once more himself anew for he has now had a new name. He is the White Solan...............



* * * *

 


Morgan and his Dark Prince look up at the sky as the word of White Solan have been found and risen. Morgan screams enraged at his Dark Prince knowing now there were two; how could he have been so blind? All these years planning to the smallest detail. Not realizing it for the boy's bond with Jeff and he has imprisoned both and now Jeff is gone. Meaning Jeff must have been the White Solan that's why he could not trap him. Morgan paced in his study. “Why? How could this have happened? Jaydan is dead, his Dark Prince killed him. The Master of Light was on his knees, his power diminished in one single blow.” He rages on talking to himself.


“No. This can not be,” Morgan pushed his books onto the floor, calling forth the Shadow King know as the Master of Darkness.


“You do not call me Morgan, for I am your master, you are not mine.” The Shadow King replied in a harsh voice.


Morgan faces him with anger. “You lied to me, and you told me that White Solan would not be found. For he cannot be if I am to take the boy for myself. The future and the prize will be mine.”


Shadow King grabbed Morgan as he hisses with anger, “this is your fault, not mine..... For I have given you the power you yourself asked for, and yet you can not do a simple thing. Morgan your plans slip through your fingers; you knew about the bond and yet did nothing about it." Shadow King bore down hard, pushed Morgan into a corner in the room.


“You had him, and then let him escape you more than once; still not knowing his importance. You saw the boy's destiny as I saw it and yet you couldn't not change it.  Now, find the keys for it contains “what is lost.” For he must find it and take what is yours or I will take you myself.” The Shadow King replied as dissipates once more.


Jeff paced back and forth in his personal chambers. The lonely silence was broken only by the creak of heavy boards beneath him that followed his every step. Words, thoughts, and events played upon his mind; a swirl of emotion he could barely catch hold of.


The killing of his friend Jaydan and the slaughter of the people of Zueqinten weighed heavy upon Jeff’s heart. The pain was more than he can bear as he looks outside his window of Morgan's compound. “I had to, there was no choice, the master told me I had to, it was foreordained. But why”? Tears flowed down his face; he could still hear the screams of the people as they died by his hand. “My hands, these cursed hands.” His very soul screams out, “O what have I done.” Jeff heard the door open behind him, “What is it? Can't you see I am tired?” He answered.


“Forgive me my Prince... Morgan requests an audience.” Morgan’s errand boy replied.


“Tell him... Never mind,” Jeff pushed the servant out of the way, “I'll tell myself.” The Dark Prince opens Morgan chambers, Morgan seated at his books not paying him any attention. Morgan waves his hand closing the door. “What? Haven't I done enough for my Master lately?” The Prince voice nearly grating.


Morgan looks up as to study him then returns to his reading. “O on the contrary my dear Prince, it seems you have been holding back,” he replied.


“I hold back nothing!” Prince picking up Morgan books and slamming it down on the table in front of him. “It is you that has been holding me back. That's right…. Me; you said nothing to me about this White Solan. You said I would rule the worlds around us, I would be feared among the stars as the heavens fall.” They fell as I aged 10 years and now look.” Jeff pointing to the window of the night sky filled with stars again.


“Become My Dark Prince I shall give you more power than you could ever dream of you said.  Morgan, I have become your Dark Prince yet you have not shown me one-tenth of what I rule. I have killed for you, I have fought for your very life and brought down this mighty Jaydan you been seeking. I have weakened the very knees the Master of light. Still, you have shown me nothing. We have traveled to several small villages finding nothing. No army's to control.” Jeff paces slowly as the boards creaked at his feet paces the floor.


“Nothing but dried birch wood and dirt. Every place we have visited was just another failed attempt mocking you trying to kill something for hours. I have killed your one man that was standing in your way, weakened another. What more could you possibly show me; I have taken your staff as my own leaving you with nothing. It is you that should be on your knees before me.”


Morgan red hot with anger pushing the table as it shatters into pieces. Morgan grabbing his Dark Prince, “ENOUGH BOY! Slamming him too the ground. “You may have won one small battle,” his eyes piercing red. “I am the lord and thy Master, How dare you mock me. I gave you the power and I surely can take it away. As for my staff I give it to you, I have no need of it,” Morgan summing another. “Yes my Prince you will learn that I control more than you know.” Morgan taking his staff of Black Shadow, “for it is time and make haste.” He replied as his grabs Jeff by the arm pushing on his knees.


Morgan's eyes glowed as he held the staff, with a wave of his hand they are in the belly of the underworld. The Dark Prince standing as Morgan kneels before The Cross Bone Gate Prison. The King of the underworld steps out behind the Gated Doors. “Awa yes the Dark Prince you should be kneeling before me,” he replied.


The Prince laughed coldly then looks at Morgan. “I kneel for no one.”.... he replied.


“Arrogant child,” the king of the underworld turning and glaring back at him. “Do you know who I am?” He asked.


“No. Should I?” The Prince asks as he laughed.


Morgan not daring to look up, “I am the king of all, I am the master of all, and I hold all the power in all worlds you see before you child. “YOU!” Child are nothing,” The king pointing to him as Prince is forced to his knees. “Now that's better” he laughed.


The king of the underworld slowly paces before his two minions. “Morgan is weak and has failed me for this I thank you for showing me how pathetic he is. As a token of my gratitude for taking care of a thorn in my side and showing this pathetic fool how to serve me well. I will place and increase your power and your dark knowledge equal to his” Morgan looked up shocked. “Oh, I see you don't like that. Good. Then you will learn to obey me.”


The king of the underworld kicked Morgan down the stairs without care. “Forgive me my.....” Morgan tries to reply as his breath is cut off.


Morgan choking as he held in the air by his throat. “Next time I will not be so generous,” the shadow king releasing him as he falls to the ground gasping.


The king raising his Bone Black staff placing it on the Dark Prince. The Prince could feel the power of Darkness raging within him. The king calling forth the Shadows of hell, the dark prince watches and feels the spirits of pain crying out as they enter his body aging him slowly. Prince shakes with such force and pain as his head leans back and screams of horror.


His eyes turn black as night, His body clothed in raven black, his face pale as his hair turns white then black and long, blowing in the cursed wind about him. as he ages 10 fold. “Arise My Dark Prince of the night.” Prince smiles looking out with new eyes the feel of cold fresh power.


The King smiles upon him as turned once more to Morgan then calling forth Morgan's staff of Black Raven. Laughing as he admires it if as a toy. “This is staff was made for a child,” as it crumbles into dust as to mock Morgan. Swiping his hand over the dust he calls forth the staff Of Night Shade then takes the Dark Prince hand slashes with a sharp serpent knife. Watching the drops of cool red blood fall upon the staff as it glows crimson red. Place the staff in his hand.  He Laughs, “take it my Dark Prince; do not fail me or your fate will be the same as Morgan's.”


Prince kneels, “as you wish I obey.” He said to the Shadow King.


“See that you do,” the Shadow King walked back inside the gate.


The Dark Prince laughs as he looks upon Morgan as to mock him. “Now who is the Master Morgan?” The Dark Prince raise his staff, “I call forth minions of old and strange, of great evil. I call forth your rotting flesh of decay to do my bidding. All war mongers of hate and destruction of all the worlds throughout time. I call upon you, Heed me take up your swords of battle for we fight once more hold true to the night of the shadow.”


Morgan watches his Dark Prince call forth the army's of hell themselves his eyes glowed, his voice made of thunder. Shaking loose the very gates themselves. The Dark Prince laughed as he watches and stretches forth his hand across the red dark lava and dried bones. “I call forth Captions of fallen warriors heed my trumpet call, awake and rise before me.”


Ten Sedarins with the blackest hearts stand in a  row then look upon their master, kneeling before him. The Dark Prince nods as he brakes off Ten thorn tree branches. Taking his black snake dagger cuts each of Sedarins hands dropping their green vile blood on to the branches. The Dark Prince waved his staff over them as black lightning strikes each one filling them with power.


Each Sedarins transformed, hair grayed and eyes black crystals with red centers face hollowed and pale complexion. Each holding flag of a Black Raven sitting on wolfs back with a red circle about them. He had his army as he laughs; filling the underground. Morgan for the first time was actually freighted for he has created a monster of death just or more powerful than himself.


Morgan nods showing no fear, yet inside he was worried as he opens the gate back towards the stronghold. “For now my Prince,” he glared. “We will see, oh yes will see……...”



 

 

 

 

 

What’s Behind the Looking Glass?

(Morning Twilight) Volume 4



© 2020 Shep


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep