Chapter 1-2

Chapter 1-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 1-2


Bowden pulled the book from his pocket and reads it again to them. “So you mean Aggie's right then, there are two people, not just one?” Nathaniel asked with caution which could lead to more danger.


Bowden setting the book on the table leaned back with his hands behind his head. “You could say that except I believe somehow we haven't gotten the entire picture correct. Something's is still missing or events haven't happened yet too gives enough information and I think that's where Hess and Morgan or having their difficulty. Let's see if I can explain it better.”


Bowden taking a small plum out of the bowl and cuts in half, and removes the pit. Then takes an apple and a small grape and slices the apple in two halves. “Alright, the plum is the first companion his soul or should I say the spirit is the pit. For some reason he dies as we all do, but he becomes trapped in time; how I am not sure.


“So the plum is useless because his body is gone leaving just his spirit. The apple is the Second companion we know could be either spirit or man, or both. Because his spirit and body are very much alive. For some reason which still unclear at this time because it hasn't been written yet, he also gets trapped in time as well.” Bowden stops making sure everyone is following him then goes on.


“These two meet, somehow, or hence why Derrick is searching how this could be possible in regards of the third person that also must be present, yet not present,” Bowden said taking the plum and the apple in each of his hands. “How? not sure is unclear for the moment. What the prophesy says is they both or the case may be all three, depending on the mystery at hand… stay in the light regardless if one is of the Morning and other Twilight meaning they share a part of each others heart, knowledge, and soul, for they are lost without each other.


“Meaning the only way this is possible as it is, they must share a bond somehow, the difficult part we haven’t concluded as of yet is how this happens even more so with a number of inanities being either three or two which again Derrick and I are still researching.


“Anyway, this grape becomes the bond inside the plum holding them all together.” Bowden taking the apple putting together with them to show the bond between the two companions and circling his finger with a string as a partial third person.


“Now then Hess must have found or is in process of finding this boy. Figuring he could place the bond on Morgan and the boy and eliminate the other completely, and disregarding the third persons who could be bonded to both of them, then take the prize himself.


“If that's the case we are in a heap of trouble. Because then the prophecy of hell itself would reign down upon the worlds, making Morgan a god and able to rewrite destiny to his liking, and no one could stop him. This is what I think… Hess has the intention of doing… by setting himself up as the Lord and King and ruler. Not Morgan he is just the bait, dangerous bait. This is why we need to stop him. and Morgan before any of this can happen.”


Bowden once more gathered the looks around the table. “I realize Morgan is your son he is your brother, but in time it's not going to matter to him or you.” Bowden waved his hand over the glass mirror on the table as they watched and see Morgan planning. Then one by one takes each of their lives.


The two brothers swallowed hard as they watched themselves die by their brother's hand. Yet they did not see their father’s death... Bowden sighs. “Morgan doesn't kill him that's why I can't show you. These are things that might happen, not the things that are going to happen, it's forbidden. One event could change things in the link of the pattern. The master has only given me things I can see and what you must see for yourselves…….”



* * *

 


Everyone looked at Glen as the images faded. “I told you I was in the same shoes as Jaydan. I was not the person that I am today. Nathaniel was not who he was back then either. None are… They all have taken different seats. Remember these are things of the past not yet have happened as we know them today.” Everyone nods as Glen waved his hand once more...



* * *

 


Bowden and Nathaniel are alone in the chambers, Bowden pacing the floor with a tired and worried look on his face. Bowden stops and takes a deep breath. “Nathaniel he's dead… my friends dead... I know Hess killed him,” Bowden replied wiped a tear from his eye.


Nathaniel could see the tears in his friend's eyes. “Does his sons know?” He asked.


Bowden shakes his head no... “I have sent word to them telling them too flee and go into hiding.”


Nathaniel put his arm around him. Bowden whispered. “There are very few that we. I can trust anymore my friend,” Bowden looks into his eyes... “I’m leaving as soon as arrangements can be made.”


“Why?” Nathaniel asked.


“Shush, it’s not safe here,” passing him a note. “Meet me here.”


Nathaniel watched his friend Bowden leave feeling unease as eyes from the shadows seemed to be watching him. Nathaniel sighs remembering his friends and all they used talk about in the open, now everything is so secret. Nathaniel walks out as three men try to grab him at knife-point. Nathaniel swings his right fist hitting one in the jaw. “Our master wants to see you, you better come quietly?” They implied.


Nathaniel laughed. “Not likely.” Swing his other fist and doing another roll, punching the other in the chest knocking the wind right out of him.


The guards ran down the chambers heard the scuffle. Yelling, “to arms, to arms,” as they got closer. The three men quickly tried to make a break for it, but Nathaniel picked up one of the fallen knives off the floor and tossed it, hitting one of them right through the back of his leg. Other two clocked hard by the other two guards coming down the other corridor.


The three men yelled. “You'll pay with your life, you hear me.”


Nathaniel yelled back “I'll try to remember that.” Dusting himself off and straighten his long brown coat around his broad shoulders.


Nathaniel turned around and saw an old man standing behind him. “Yep you sure took care those three sons,” the old man replied grinning ear too ear.


“Do I know you?” Nathaniel asked.


“Maybe you do and maybe you don't. It depends on really where you are going, friend.”


“What do mean where I am going?” Nathaniel asked.


“Exactly?” He answered back. Nathaniel watching him walk way then dissipate into nothing, in a strange white light. “Man this place is getting stranger and stranger. I must be losing my marbles.” Nathaniel reading Bowden note to meet him in a small village outside of Yearn...



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again, I feel like there are some good ideas here, but we are having the story told to us instead of experiencing the story. I know that it's still early on in the story, but the characters are telling us things instead of letting the reader see them unfold. Maybe that changes as the story progresses.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the review

it does change for in this part of the story is a old gimps of.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep