Chapter 3-2

Chapter 3-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 3-2


Aunty M and Melee carried food trays to the rooms as Jaydan tries to stuff food down Wayne and Martha's throat, laughing with a big smile on his face as Doc Hatfield walked into the room. Martha eyes nearly popped, Jaydan eyes tear up from laughing so hard seeing their expression. Jaydan grabbing the tray from him. “Doc what on earth are you doing here?” Jaydan asked Martha and Wayne looked stunned.


“Oh just traveling a bit you might say,” Doc replied as Jaydan laughed. “Thought I'd come to check on few friends since I was in the neighborhood and all.” Shaking his head laughing “tsk, tsk” setting his bag down on the table. “It's alright Jaydan my nurses can handle these folks. Jasper is looking for you downstairs. I brought a friend with me mind setting him up a small study for him. We were sort of in a hurry when we left to get here,” Doc replied not paying Jaydan any more attention than necessary.


“Sure Doc,” Jaydan said putting his hand on his shoulder leaves the room.


“Alright folks lets have listen shall we?” Doc smiled at Wayne and Martha stunned faces. “I am sure you have a lot of questions going through your mind seeing me standing in this room.”


“Now that you mention Doc,” Wayne replied.


“SHH Wayne, Martha,” listening to each of their hearts and smiles, Doc leaned over to Wayne. “You mind securing the room first.” Wayne nods placing a ward in the room. “That's better,” Doc breathed. “Not everyone here is like rest of them.” Martha has a panic look on her face and tries to get out of bed falls to the floor. “Martha I didn't mean to alarm you and the boys are safe for the moment, their room is heavily guarded inside and out with Jasper's best men.”


“Yes Doc, but?” Martha said trying to get out of bed again.


Doc holding her down; “no Martha, you can't help them and neither can you Wayne. You're not strong enough. None of you are that's why you are here. You need to rest, you been out of time too long.” Doc replied as he sat on the bed next to Martha. “In reality, you have been gone 10 months from the time you left Springfield and longer from your home-world; Judging by your current state of your bodies nearly 2 years possibly even 3.”


Martha gasped thinking about Linda and how long she has had her boy Danny, “Doc that can't be. It's just not possible.  We were only at EJ's farm a few hours.”


Wayne takes her hand. “Actually dear Drealin said we been gone nearly a week when he arrived to watch the little ones.”


“Which are right now down at end of the hall dear,” Doc replied patting her hand. “Being cared for by Margaret, she just gave them each a bath and filled their bellies before I came into the room. Now everyone is here except for Danny and EJ’s parents and siblings and the group they are with. Which I'm just a little concerned about at the moment.


“Aggie was supposed to meet up with a contact a few days ago and she hasn't yet for as I know. That's why I wanted you to put a ward up Wayne. Something in this Village is not quite right and is starting to fester outside these walls.”


Doc intoned getting off the bed reaching for his bag. “But right now you can not leave that bed or this room,” Doc shaking his finger at them. “Because you need time itself to catch up with you and your bodies and they need to rest or you won't survive at this rate.


“And to make sure I get that and do what you're told,” Doc said opening his bag sprinkling some (terasport root into a glass of water and some of old fashion sleeping solution. “To help you sleep. And a drop each,” shaking his head. “Of what's left of Rena's tonic to help speed the recovery,” he said which is nearly gone.


As he stirs it up nice and good and hands them each a glass. “Bottoms up you two.” Watching them drink every last drop with a quick wink, pulls up a chair waits with a smile and giving Martha kiss on the cheek “good night.  I'll see you when you both wake because none of us are going anywhere for a while.”


Martha yawns, “Thanks Doc, I missed you,” closing her eyes.


“I missed you both... my friends, more than you will ever know,” Doc replied closing the door. Doc nods to the guards pacing the hall and standing at each door. “Whispers next” with his bag in hand opening the door to each of the rooms.


Doc smiles with tears in his eyes as sits on each of the children’s beds with a nurse holding their heads up as Doc takes each of their hands the fact they were still all wood elves didn’t even phase him, he has seen more different races he has ever thought possible.


Will, Robert, Richard laugh sleepily as he rubs their hair and pats them on the knee. Then watches them each drift off soundly. “Doc is that you?” EJ asked as he slowly turns his head tries to open his eyes.


Doc sits on the bed takes his hand. “Yes my dear boy, it's really me. But it looks like me and you need to have a little talk.”


Doc leaned down close and whispers in his ear as the world around them fades, and his little elf body fades away into nothingness. EJ finds himself standing among the evergreen trees near a clear blue crystal lake. Doc standing next too Jaydan.


 “Come EJ it is time she's waiting for you.”  EJ feels the cold wind wrap around him as he is lifted off the ground. His body clothed all in a white gown with a silver band around his waist and gold trim along the edges of his gown. His staff golden rays of the sun in his hand. The power surges through his veins as his eyes shimmer like the stars.


Trumpets blew in the wind as it whispers his name among them. The trees sway as if they were kneeling before the Prince of peace, calling his name as he arises among them as The White Solan... A bright light shines down upon him as if clothing him in rays of moonbeams and starlight.


From the edge of the water to the evergreens a carpet of star mist water is placed beneath his feet for him to walk on, shimmering in the light of starlight. White Solan laughs as the cool water laps across his bare feet with a mothers care, as the cool wind blows through his soft brown hair. A woman sitting on a throne as the water pushes her up onto the surface of the lake. “Come, my prince, for I am the Lady of the water of life for all those that seek the light.”


Jaydan and Doc kneel at the shores as the White Solan walked towards them. EJ turned towards Jaydan and Doc kneeling to him, “please Doc, Jaydan please don't kneel to me.” Doc and Jaydan pay him no mind as they stay on bended knee. The Lady of the water laughs at the sweet innocents of the boy prince.


“My name is Lady Gwin the Lady of the Living Water come, my prince,” taking EJ's hand. “Come walk with me for a while my dear child. Jaydan thanks for bringing him here, but I think me and the boy will be safe now,” she replied.


Lady Gwin was a very beautiful woman, as EJ smiles looking into her crystal bluish green eyes, which seemed to change color, in the moonlight. Her hair too seemed almost magical as it was sometimes blue, then a rich coral green and then beautiful snowy white as it fell past her shoulders.


On top of her hair was a neat of pearls mixed in with silver leaves of gold and silvers with intricate seashells. Her face was of an angel and ageless, and her lips a soft red. She wore a long blue dress that seemed to move within the water itself, unlike any fabric he has ever seen. She wore soft silver slippers and was no taller than his Ma, about 5 foot 7. Even he was still small compared to his wood elf body at barely 3 feet, compared to his human form at 4 foot 5.


“Yes my lady,” Jaydan replied putting his arm around Doc shoulders. “Have you eaten yet my friend he could be a while?”


Doc watched EJ walking away into the water laughing. “And to think I didn't think to bring him a change of clothes.”


“Why's that?” Jaydan asks watching water surround him and Lady Gwin. Jaydan smiles looking back as the water now again peacefully laps the shore. “Somehow my friend that's not going to be an issue,” Jaydan pointed to the trees. “It’s all being taken care of.”


Doc laughed seeing someone or should we say small trees and plants preparing a brand new set of fine silk cloth being made. “But I do think he might need a small fire to keep off the chill while he dries a bit.”


Jaydan said slapping Doc on the back. “So let's have some roasted rabbit and some those nice spring potatoes with fresh barley bread from the market while we wait....”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some more nice character interactions to close out this chapter. Looking forward to when this story starts going full tilt.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thank you for the review
I am just getting warmed up Lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep