Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 4


The world of living water was quite different from what EJ was excepting. It was cool yet refreshing as he breathes in the watery air around him. He didn't even know he could breathe underwater. Yet it felt natural and as if he has been doing it all his life. 


Lady Gwin smiled as she watched the boy prince beside her. "EJ you need to know your in great danger, more so than the rest of your family. This was why you were brought here to me so I could protect you here, instead of back at the estate on the shore where your family is. You won't be going back to join your family for a few days and they can't join you here," as she pointed to all underwater hills and mountain ranges. Stunning as they were he felt betrayed a little being torn apart inside and alone, and yet…


She continued on seeing the disappointment on his face but he needed to understand the reason why she has taken him away from his family for a time. "This world is forbidden even to most masters of the light. That's why Jaydan and Doc are outside and could not follow you. True your body has changed as you see it now as yourself. For it gives you the strength to be here in this form that you are in. Not as a wood elf as you were, but of your spiritual side and when you are the White Solan and like you were at the farm.


“Except here in this world, my living world you see right now in front of your eyes. You are whole once more as I give living water to sub-stain you. In this state that you are in is influx we like to call it half spirit yet not as Jaydan has shown you. Is not strong enough yet and you are weakened and need the time to gain your strength and knowledge to fight for the light to bring peace," She said as they walk down the hall in her underwater castle.


EJ could not help feel the effects of darkness even here even in her. "Is she trying to hide something from him? Does she know what I am thinking?" EJ nods politely letting her continue on even though he is mindful of the darkness and ever-present loneliness.


If only he could feel his heart beat just one more time. He feels trapped, and he knows what being trapped feels like. He shakes himself remembering what Pa always says; ‘you must be strong even though you feel helpless. Be strong in spirit and light will always guide you. And always remember I love you, my son.' It echoes in his mind as he touches the heart around his neck. “My son.”


“Now I have matters I must attend to my Prince and your quarters have been arranged. We will start your lesson when you awake." She replied as she opens the door to his room. Her mind seemed distracted as she tries to feel the boy and his emotions. They seemed closed and something dark hovers around his true emotions. Yet he is strong and something old just under the very edge. "No, it's gone, but just for a minute I thought I could sense something, Humm..."


Lady Gwin bows and arises before him. EJ giggles with a sigh. She smiles leans over kiss his wet cheek. "You'll get use to it. Now go change for bed because these will not work here.” seeing his white clothes hang on him like wet rags, close to his little frail body; Lady Gwin squaring his shoulders opening his bedroom door; then giving him a little push. " There it is again that strange feeling…"


“Yes ma'am,” watching her close the door as he watched her place guards by the sides and across from his room.  "I am a prisoner again or am I? Darkness everlasting, darkness."


With the door closed, Lady Gwin sighs then giggles, thinking of Doc and Jaydan sitting along the water edge with a small campfire. Lady Gwin returns back to Jaydan and Doc. Seeking answers providing. “No! They shall give me answers regarding the boy's emotions.” The boy's thoughts echo within her shaking her very core. ‘Darkness, prisoner, father why' “I must know the meaning of these words, and why?”


Doc turned around as he watched Lady Gwin come to the surface alone. Jaydan smiles and bows. Lady Gwin giggles out loud. "The boy prince is in his chambers right now so you have nothing to fear. No one will touch him now that he is safe and in my care. As for the rest of them Doc, Jaydan when they are rested enough they can see him and visit him until I am satisfied he is ready to leave from my care.


“He is very weak more so now then he was hours ago. He should have been here weeks ago.” She replied her voice almost angered by the delay. She tries to feel their emotions, but somehow they are blocked or out of reach. “Even from me, why are they hiding them? What are they hiding from me? Humm.


Jaydan paced up and down the shores. “We might have few additional problems according to Doc and what we have learned before our arrival here.” Jaydan pauses to let set in.


“So he is hiding something from me.” She could feel the anger boiling inside.


“Glen and the rest aren't in any better shape then the boy…. in fact soon Glen and Melee will be unable protect any of them including Jeff,” Jaydan said with last words in a rush yet tries to remain calm as he himself goes over the news in his mind that Doc has just told him moments ago. “I must be very careful here,” Jaydan realizing she could sense his emotions.


Lady Gwin frowns at Jaydan her eyebrow raised. “Doc do you agree with him?” She asked. Noticing Jaydan emotion seemed to out of flux. “What else is he hiding from me? Darkness, Darkness everlasting, prisoner, father, darkness…Master.”


Doc nods blowing his mustache. “I examine them myself they are not strong enough not against the current dangers,” he said glancing over at Jaydan for clues, he to could feel the dark poison coursing through her veins.


“Morgan was in charge so we thought my lady,” Jaydan replied looking a bit worried, “and we were holding him off. But what we weren't counting on was his old master poking his ugly head out.”


There it is again he's hiding something,” Lady Gwin sensing his emotions. 
“Which one? Morgan has had several Masters over the years." Lady Gwin putting her hands on her hips with a hard stare. “What makes this one any worse than the others?” She asks as the anger begins to surface.


“We realize that,” Jaydan replied pacing along the edge of the water, “and Glen realized that, in fact, we all did.”


“Oh just spit out man,” Doc replied as he eyes locked with Jayden's. This cat and mouse game is getting old.


“Hess has escaped from his cell breaking all the seals that held him bond behind the Cross Bone gate prison," replied Jaydan almost relieved, trying hard to keep his emotions in check.

“Darkness, everlasting darkness, prisoner… Master.”
These can't be his thoughts, but who's?  
Lady Gwin face turning ice cold with horror, "you mean? How?" She asks as her voice begins to shake. “DARKNESS, EVERLASTING DARKNESS, PRISONER, FATHER, MOTHER…MASTER.” Her head, her senses overwhelmed.


Jaydan shakes his head. “We don't know. But right now he is looking for them and the boy at this very moment and has unleashed the bellies of hell itself to find them. Glen's realm clasped a few hours ago and he and his wife are now starting to feel the effects when we left Jasper's Estate.” They watched the Lady Gwin pace something felt wrong.  “It will be at least a week before they will be strong enough to leave the confines of the Estate.”


“Fine!” Lady Gwin screamed in the air. The words echo through her mind getting stronger.  ‘DARKNESS, EVERLASTING DARKNESS, PRISONER, FATHER, MOTHER…MASTER… Help me.'  “I don't like it, but they still can not live in the same realm as the Prince, unless?” 


Lady Gwin looked back at the water from the distant shores then laughed at herself, hoping to contain the fear from her voice just a little bit longer…  “My father Jaydan, I haven't seen him in centuries, of course, that means they can not be wood elves while they are in my realm and providing you could convince him to go along with it and them." She said as she paces along the water's edge, wanting to grab her head but refrains as the words echo with such agonizing hunger.


“There will be some changes made of course. Like proper edict for the boy and them if it's going to work. My people must not know who they are except for the boy Prince he stays as he is, is that clear? As a Prince, he must except that regardless if does not want to be one.


"He must learn to lead our people into peace if we are to win against this "darkness" sweeping down upon us. He can not do that by hiding behind a boy child when we need him to be more than just a man.” ‘Darkness, everlasting ….’Stop my head; must stay calm, must not show any weakness.” She swallows taking the shakiness out of her voice.


“His skills are weak because he has not been taught to use them. His body and mind are weak from the strain put upon him. We must help him, not hinder him further. Morgan has caused much damage upon him. When I walked with him I saw the pain he carries, we must ease his suffering not increase it. I want his mother brought before me. She has hope still in his eyes.


“Yet there is coldness that he senses and I need to know why and I sense great darkness, as well as I, tried to look further into his mind.” She replied as she watches Jaydan and Doc as their eyes locked for a moment. "Yes. He is hiding something from me. I need answers. I must main in control of my thoughts….  ‘Darkness, so much Darkness, Pa, Ma help me!’ Her mind, his mind is breaking. She must go to him, yet she must know what they are hiding from her and why.


Jaydan paces up and down the water edge, thinking what to tell her and what to hold back, seeing the tails of some darkness around her heart and asks. “How much do you know of the boy's life my lady?”


“Just what I can sense from him,”…. ‘what I can sense is danger great danger.’ She must hurry.


“Well there is more reason that he feels that coldness and the darkness that surrounds him, but it would require a record keeper of time to explain it all.”


“Yes I'm sure it will, but I don't need one tell me that your hiding something from me." She replied as a runner comes from the water running up whispering in the Lady Gwin's ear.  “Wait here.” She replied turning to Doc and Jaydan. The runner confirming her fears, but then it could be nothing, but yet?


Jaydan and Doc watched a wave of water rush around her as it encompassed her so quickly that it surprised them, they could sense a great danger, but are helpless to help, not being able to go into her realm, least not yet anyway. Lady Gwin ran down the hall of the chamber room of the Prince. She could hear the boy Prince screaming in terror, the guards panicking not sure what to do. "He won't stop screaming my lady and we can't wake him," the nursemaid said coming out of the boy's room. "He so cold," grabbing another blanket for the bed.


Lady Gwin went over to the boy watching him tossing and turning, cold sweat drenching his bedclothes. She calmly puts her hand over his forehead takes his hand whispers,  “Show me, what do you see my prince.” Her eyes glowed as images of Hess with an army more devastating to the world; ravages the lands in other worlds. Taking lives and changing the land and engulfing the souls of the suffering, drawing upon their strength. Lakes and rivers turned to blood and forest poisoned and torn by their roots as the rocks themselves come to life at his bidding.


Hess turned and laughed then points at Cross Bone Gate Prison with his black peal staff smashing the doors wide open. She watches the dead of the dammed walk once more upon the lands. The boy screams, “NO!” As he watches the oceans rise and currants of lost souls lost to its deep spring forth, spewing bodies, crashing upon waves on the shores of men. Leaving nothing but withered bodies soaked in blood along its many shores.....



* * *

 


Martha screamed clutching her chest, Wayne bolts right out of bed with sweat pouring down them both. They both turn and look at each other seeing images of their son EJ in danger; Aunty M running in the room with Jasper right behind her.


Martha, Wayne short of breath gasping for air. Seeing the images surrounding them as if in a dream-like state. Will and Robert screaming with their sisters, it was as if the house has gone crazy with terror. Grandma, crawling towards the door of the room shouting for help. The guards yelled down the hall. "The boy is gone." Ma and Pa crawling on the floor towards the door watching the children scream as if in pain as they tossed and turn in bed with cold sweat pouring down them.....



* * *

 


Hess screams and points his staff into the heavens as he stands among the darkened clouds as a King. The Dark Prince kneeling at his feet as Hess raised his black sword of mighty power laughs. With one swift strike, the Dark Prince head rolls to the bottom of the stairs.


Lady Gwin removes her shaking hand from the boys head nearly in horror as his faces turned crystal white and EJ eyes gloss over, turning to black crystals. She turned her head slightly seeing a shadow standing in the corner of the room of his chambers. He laughed walks towards the boy. “So this is the "Great White Solon,” that prophesy have been foretold.” The shadow of the man replied laughing. His face was proudly unremarkable with age his clothing shrouded in a fine black raven cloak. His sword drawn gleams of old reflections some would even call him handsome yet dangerous; very dangerous indeed.


Lady Gwin stands looked at the boy in bed smiles, trying not to give him away as she swallowed watching the boy toss and turn moaning as he screams with horror and such pain. “Oh please,” she said not allowing her voice to shake. “Ferlin, he is just a boy, one of my sons, if you want to know.” Hoping he believed the lie. “You know as well I do. No one can live here except if they are part of this realm as you once were before my father banished you, it's forbidden.


“And he is of my own flesh and blood and this prophecy you speak of does not obtain to him because he is so.” She replied in a very firm voice. It had been years even centuries that she had seen him last; she had thought he was locked away with Hess in the Cross Bone prison for the worst of the worst, apparently not if he is standing here before. Yet unsurprised with the news she had heard moments of go.

 

Lady Gwin taking another swallow looked at the boy then back at Ferlin. “No, he just having a bad dream because he been very sick. Besides if he was. I think he would be able to take you in mater of minutes and you would not be standing there wondering.” Lady Gwin replied resting her hand on the boy's forehead as his mother. “But he is just a sick boy, nothing more than my little prince.” Then smiled as her eyes glowed blue hot crystals, “ who you will never touch.” Lady Gwin intoned looking up from the boy. With a wave of her hand shields, the boy with such force in the air brings up walls of water of light encasing the room.


Lady Gwin holding her blue crystal staff as she made her way forward towards Ferlin. “Come on, it has been a long time since I had to kill someone like you.” She said as Ferlin dodged the blows until one of them hits him in the chest, caught unaware as he went to his knees. Lady Gwin goes in for the final kill as she planted her staff with a loud resounding crack. Ferlin face turned white as he takes one last look at the boy. Then turned in to a block of ice then shatters screaming in withering pain as he dies returning once more to prisons gates once more from once he came. Yet he smiled knowing that the gate is now open thanks to Morgan he will be back to fight another day. He laughed as he dissipated into nothing.



* * * * *

 


The children stopped screaming as their breathing slowed. Images passed as they slowly awaken, Martha and Wayne nearly crawling to the boy's room. Martha and Wayne seeing EJ's bed empty. Clasp the heart around their neck, searching for him. Martha and Wayne collapse on the floor near his bed. With tears in their eyes seeing him in a strange world of water around him and a strange woman sitting on the bed beside him. Then the world is gone before their eyes as the love is felt around him. "He is safe." They each whispered soft tears form in Martha's eyes. Holding the small heart then collapse in total despair.......

 




© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. Not so much a sword battle kind of action but more of seeing how the magic of this world is beginning to affect the characters. Still a lot of talking, but there were some good visual moments when we were given the chance to watch things happen instead of having them explained to us. Interested to see where we go from here.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the review.

trust me there will be plenty of battles of both kinds in the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep