Chapter 4-1

Chapter 4-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 4-1


EJ breathing, more regular as the warmth slowly returned as she takes his hand by his bedside. EJ's eyes once more blue and clear as he slowly turned his head towards her. “My dear little Prince, please forgive me.” Her tears slowly flow down her cheeks. EJ slowly nods looking around the room. “He is gone my son, I took care of it,” she said with a worried face. “But it seems we are in a little bit more trouble then we thought.” Lady Gwin replied as she leans down kissing his tear stain cheek. “So my boys we need to play a little hide and seek.”


“How? If I can't leave, I am not strong enough my lady,” EJ replied wiping the tears from his face. “So I am a prisoner… so dark so very dark, I am alone.”


“O, my little prince. You let me worry about that, but I can tell you one thing you're going to be a very busy boy. Now then I have just the thing for that nightmare. A nice glass of my special water just for you because I really need you to rest.” shaking a finger at him.


Lady Gwin taking her little small wand and wave of her hand over a pitcher of water, she poured him a glass. “Alright now… drink it all, every last drop, that's it,” kissing his cheek. Lady Gwin sat on the bed takes his hand. “Alright close those eyes,” as almost humming then slowly blows his hair lightly away from his face watching the tiny ripples of water. Sings him a soft a little lullaby she would sing to her sons now grown and gone wiping an escaped tear.





Humming:

 

My little child soars like an eagle over the mountains of evergreens and pine bows of green, of whispering pine sing of thee. Spring flowers bloom on the open hills when you soar high above them.


Dancing water lilies upon the cool clear waters my little one they call for you. Long summer days upon the warm sandy shores as the suns rays sing as you play among them.


Cool waters nipping at the shores, my little one they are calling for you when they cuirass you with my love. Let your cares and dreams play among them for here you will stay my little one, no harm shall befall you here.


I will wrap you in tender care for I too love you my little one for our hearts we share. The light brings you peace I bring you love and a mothers tear.”


Humming: as she watched him drift back to sleep. Lady Gwin leaves a kiss on his soft wet cheek...


Walking out of the room she turned once more nods then reopens the door waved her hand as she shields the boy. Closing the door, “I want six guards in that room watching him.” Immediately she went to the small study taking a small ink pad of paper hands them to her manservant Ranson. “I need these sent out,” as he reads the orders announcing. “My son Orin has returned and to prepare a big banquet in his honor.”


“My lady you don't have a son, he died centuries ago, during the last wizard war,” Ranson replied in near shock. Ranson was more of house butler, true to form, bald with small black tufts of hair at the side neatly combed, his deep blue eyes never missed a single detail, which was why he was her family mans servant.


He was tall, but thin wearing a deep coral green waistcoat and blue coral shirt underneath that had more of drawstring open neck. He also wore white coral pants and soft white silver slippers with gold lining.


Lady Gwin said. “I know that, but nobody else knows that I had a second one but me, well its time they learned,” she replied. Hoping she can pull off the lie in hopes of keeping the boy safe.


“Yes, my Lady.”


“After all, I did have three husbands over the centuries, whose to say that’s it is not true? now go.”


“Yes my Lady,” he replied wondering himself. “Is it true?” Can it be?" He knew better than to question her, or tell anyone their secrets; which is why he has been the family manservant for many centuries.”


Jaydan and Doc waited by the shores of the lake as the sun slowly rise’s. Lady Gwin once more joins them. “Sorry fella's, just a small matter that needed my attention. Now then I have some news of my own that you are going to help me spread.” Handing them each an envelop watching them open it and read with shocked looks on their faces. “Yes, a slight change of plans. I know, and I need them carried out right away.”


“You can't just do this?” Doc replied wringing his fingers through his hair.


“Why can't I?”  She asked.


Jaydan paced along the shore in deep thought. “Doc she is right, it has to be done, you said it yourself…. They are looking for the boy and Hess has seen parts of him already. As soon as EJ steps one foot out before he’s ready, everyone will know just by seeing the Dark Prince. They will know and word will reach him that we tricked him and he has the wrong one and that will put Jeff in greater danger. No, he has to go into hiding as his true self yet, not himself.”


“Yes, but he already has two mothers, one he can barely tolerate and one he loves deeply; plus she loves him, they all do.”


Lady Gwin put her arm around Doc. “That is why you two are going to go visit my father so they can be with him. I can't tell you any more than that and can't promise him or them more right now at this point or anything else until we made all the arrangements. He has to become a Prince of the Living Water for now. I have already had one visitor that has tried to get to the boy already.” Jaydan, Doc stumble. “That's why haste is important before he gets out again.”


“Who?” Jaydan asked.


“Just an old friend, nobody I couldn't handle this time. Now go quickly I have been gone too long already and I have much to do.”


“And where can I find your father?” Jaydan asked.


“O” Lady Gwin giggling, “Salsern my father he lives in the northern plain of the deep coral. Last time I heard he was staying there. If not ask Jasper or my sister Siley on Western Sear of Genly she should know where to find him. Either way, he's the only one that can make it possible.


"Oh good my Princes clothes are nearly done. Good thing too he soaked his bedclothes with that little nightmare. Which by the way Jaydan, me and you are going have a serious talk about, Now shoo?  I have work to do and a son that needs his new mother.” She replied not waiting for an answer, leaves in a rush of water that soaks Doc and Jaydan putting out their fire.....



* * *

 


Aunty M paced floor listening to the boards creak with every footfall. Mad and ready to spit logs back at Jasper's estate as Doc and Jaydan walked into the front door. “Where is he?” Aunty M asked facing Jaydan with a white-hot temper.


“Somewhere safe Margaret,” Jaydan replied leaving her standing there as they both go up the stairs. Jaydan and Doc closed the door of Wayne and Martha's room. Jaydan placing a ward around it and sealing the door with a strong barrier to prevent anyone from here opening it. Doc sat on the bed whispered into each of them with the word “Ernok.” A simple awaking spell, he watched their eyes flutter open.


Martha's face turned red with anger as Wayne tries to get out of bed falling to his knees. Jaydan calmly helps him back onto the bed. “I am sorry Martha, Wayne we had to do it. There was no choice; EJ needed more protection then you are us could give him. You are too weak in your current state.”


Jaydan replied as he slowly pulls up a chair and sits on it the wrong way folding his arms across the back of the chair as he tries to explain stifling a tired yawn. “Glen and Melee are having a hard time right now and could not guarantee his safety; their realm is falling as we speak.” Jaydan intoned as his face grows long with worry.


Tears flowing down Martha face asking. “Where is my son?” Her voice shaking as she looked into Jayden's eyes afraid of discovering the truth. She could without a doubt feel the loneliness in EJ’s heart, and the darkness growing in his mind. When she clutched the small heart stone around her neck she could see his sleeping face.


“He is safe Martha, Wayne which is more than I can say for the rest of you. Which brings us to our next problem.” He stands began to pace the room; the board creaked underneath him almost screaming with each powerful step. “EJ can’t be with you for a while or you him the way things are.”


Doc pats Martha's hand. “But he is and always will be your son. He is living in a different realm, not like this one yet part of this realm,” he tries to explain.


“Doc you’re not making any sense,” Martha replied as Doc twitches his mustache, feeling the anger underneath.


“What I am trying to say he is not EJ anymore as you know him.” Martha, Wayne looking more worried not understanding.


Jaydan paused for a moment. “EJ, as you know him now is a wood elf unlike yourselves, are under a potion spell except for EJ. Martha, do you remember when we changed that and made him whole and complete?” 


Martha nods. “And when he's at the farm you can see him as his spirit side because all your masks are gone. Well EJ doesn't have a mask to hide behind; his body is used by another.


“Except when he becomes the White Solan, EJ spirit side transformed him leaving him nothing to reside in like you or me,” Jaydan replies.


Jaydan seeing how they are still confused looks around the room for an example. “Alright,” Jaydan picked up a small coin out of his pocket. “This is EJ body as a wood elf as we all know him when he is not the White Solan.”


Jaydan pouring a glass of water; “this is EJ right now as the White Solan. When he becomes the White Solan,” Jaydan pours the water into the water basin. “He is not whole and has no substance, he is a spirit.


 “He must gain the knowledge through his spirit form as the White Solan to become whole again like this coin so it to can have form. If he is to battle the darkness that is sweeping across the lands, he can not do it like this.” Placed the coin in Martha’s hand representing EJ as Wood Elf. “And if he does not survive using his now current form, then we all perish.”


Jaydan watched Martha and Wayne as they try to understand. “Morgan knew this from the beginning, that is why he wanted to change his destiny, but he was missing parts of the prophecy. Not realizing that there were two people like we know now Jeff and EJ.” Jaydan replied as he paced the room, not telling them about the third person trapped inside his subconscious; how Derrick did that was beyond him.


“Hess knew it, yet he to did not know or could see the two companions as separate people for they stand together as one as the boy. Now back to our problem...


“EJ as the White Solan needs to learn to fight like you Wayne in battle and needs time to develop those skills and grow into a man, just like his other self, yet because he doesn’t have a human body anymore we need to find a way for his spirit self to change just like Jeff did with his body.


“And Plus we need time to gather our forces and find safety for all those families that Morgan has destroyed. As well find the 5 Keys of Destiny and the items needed to find them, which we will go more into later when we can take a small breath. Are you with me so far?” He asked.


Wayne and Martha both nod sadly. “To do this,” Jaydan pulled out the envelope that Lady of the Living Water gave them hands it to them to read.


“You want to do what?” Martha asked. Her face and eyes nearly bounced off the wall. “She…. she can't do that Jaydan… he's my son,” she said while her anger boiled over.


“I told you Jaydan they wouldn't like it,” Doc replied staring back at him.


“Martha, Wayne it’s only temporary,” Jaydan laying his hand firmly on the back of the chair…


“But I am his mother, doesn't she understand that?”


“Yes, she does. That's why she sending me and Doc to see someone so you can be with him and help us with the things I have just told you about. Because right now its forbidden for you are anyone not from that realm to live there without permission by him. You can visit only on the shores of water, but never enter the realm itself. He can't leave it if he wanted to, not in his current state… It would surely kill him. I won't be allowed to enter there either. I have no power there.


“Glen and Melee can't help either. I am not sure about Doc if he can or not because his purpose unlike yours is different,” Jaydan showing the most love he can at the moment.


“That's right,” Doc tries to laugh. “I haven't told them all that's transpired.”


Wayne stares right at him, “At this point looking where we stand Doc I think it might be best if you hold off on that if you wouldn't mind. Because right now I about two inches from pouching my fist right through that head of yours. If you don't take me and my wife to our boy right this very minute. And I don't care how tired I am,” Wayne's eyes getting hard and hands tighten up.


Jaydan paced about the room. “Ok, but only for a few minutes.”


Doc sighs. “I don't like it… you both should stay in that bed.”


Martha grabs Wayne hand. “Doc don't go there… I don't care if you have to carry us out on stretchers. I want my son “NOW!” Her eyes burning.


“Alright! Alright!” Doc jumped back.


“Doc we better bring Kollie and Rena with us to help them since we can't go as far they can,” Jaydan said, "since you have tried and failed when it comes to entering that realm or healing the sickness, that seems to be getting worst there not better."



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another interesting chapter with some good character interactions. There is a lot happening, and part of that may be like you said I jumped into this story late, but I am interested to see how things play out.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the Review

Yea you missed a lot by jumping ahead LOL

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep