Chapter 4-3

Chapter 4-3

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 4-3


Lady Gwin feeling much better as the darkness lifted from her mind, seeing for the first time in a long time her people as she walked by. There is a feeling of uneasiness among them as they looked at her. Something indeed was wrong down here festering; the coldness. It almost breathtaking when she looked upon their faces.


“Right now I need help and the help that I need is in another realm. Rena and Kollie told me about the Lady of the light the keeper of souls, but can she cross over to this realm is the question? Too many unanswered questions. The boy's dream disturbs me I am not sure if it was happening now or in the past, or future. Jaydan knows.... he hiding something, I can feel it.”


Lady Gwin opens the door of her Prince chambers seeing him sleeping soundly. “I really hate to wake him, but I promised. Why now? Why couldn’t they have waited until I was ready? Or he was ready? You may leave us,” motioning to clear his chambers.


Lady Gwin sets his new outfit on the chair. “Its better than nothing at all.” Feeling the fine wet silk, “at least until my tailor can fit him for some better clothes. I will not have my Prince wearing rags,” picking up his white drench cotton clothing. “The brotherhood; phish posh they have long ways to go thinking what a Prince should wear.”


Lady Gwin looked once more down at the boys sleeping face. She slowly sat at his bedside brushing his wet cheek. “You have so much too do my little one,” and sighs. “EJ, EJ,” whispered in his ear. Giving him a little nudge and waited for him to come around. EJ’s eyes fluttered open seeing her there nearly bolts at her touch. Then remembered when he looked into her face seeing the bright light around her feeling safe, smiles sat up. “EJ it’s time to get up for a little awhile my little Prince,” she said. “Now then your family wishes to see you.”


EJ yells out loudly excited, “their here?” He asked.


“No. Not exactly… they are still outside in the other realm. Do you remember what we talked about when I said we have to play a little hide and seek? Well...” checking her ward making sure all is in place. “That's exactly what we’re going to do. Accept you won't be hiding this time.


“Your family will be the ones hiding you here with me.” She replied looking at EJ’s puzzled face. “It’s alright,” giving him a little kiss on the cheek. “If you don't understand, they do. All you have to do is be a Prince… my Prince that's it. Do you think you can do that?” She asked


“Yes, my Lady.” He answered he do almost anything to see and be with his family. The words still echoed in his mind, “darkness, everlasting darkness prisoner… father.”


Lady Gwin gave him a warm smile. “First thing first, you can not call me that if this is going to work. You see ... How do I put this…? Martha is not your real mother, yet you love her enough to call her your Ma am I right because she nearly busted my chops out there accusing me that she was and so did your Pa.


EJ laughed. “That's because they are my parents and I want it more than anything.”


“I know dear,” Lady Gwin said touching his glass heart around his neck. “I can feel it. It is a gift more than life itself. It will be yours that I can promise you. I've seen it in their hearts. I am not going to or let anyone else take it away from you,  but right now I'd like you to be my son as well.


"Do you think you can do that? I know its hard thing to ask, but EJ you're in more danger now then you have ever been. This is the only way we can protect you. Do understand what I'm telling you?” She asked she could feel the boy's emotions something very deep…  “Something old, but not forgotten just on the edge. Gone just like that, humm.”


EJ nods his head. “Good I am glad…. so you do not kneel to me, bow or call me anything except Mother that's it... Nothing else.  Everything else’s is just words for common folk which a Prince cannot use if schooled proper. One other thing then I'll have some fresh clothes for you to change into.


“Your name is Orin… Prince of the Living Water. Don't let anyone call you by any other name, why you are in this realm. Your family will be of Royalty as well, but I will go into more detail later. Which we will have a separate bouquet introducing them as such, you my dear boy is set forth in 10 days and will be crowned at your coronation as being returned to me after having been away in school.


“So change your clothes, I realize they are a little skimpy compared to what you are used to wearing, but your family doesn't have much either so you'll be fine, and the other boys and town folk wear even less sometimes, and I won't let anybody near them are you to notice, except people I trust.


“I'd leave the room to give you some privacy, but I can't… it would look silly too,” she whispered. “People in the hallway… But I can turn my head and close my eyes if you like, just so you know I have raised ten boys and three husbands so there is nothing I haven't seen already,” patting EJ on the knee as she stands.


“It’s all right my Lad... Mother,” EJ trying not to blush. “We always saying ‘don't sweat the small stuff.’ And my sisters have seen everything, my grandmother, my aunts, and two doctors. What's one more going to hurt?” EJ giving her a kiss on the cheek.


“Exactly my boy,” handing him his clothes.


“You now Mother these are not too bad,” EJ said as he swished around the room. “They seem really light as if I wasn't wearing anything at all and they don't cling to my skin as those do.”


“That's because they're made of seaweed silk instead land cotton. Sorry I couldn't make you a shirt to go with them or find a pair of shoes that would fit, but you’re just going outside to play with your family, most boys here and men don’t usually wear one except on special occasions, but I was able to find a vest that might work, that my son wore when he was your age.


“Here try this on. It doesn't match the bottom, but right now who cares. You're a Prince my Prince you can wear it. Nobody will dare cross me if they know what's good for them. Shall we?” Taking his arm and opening the door as she whispers. “Act like you own the place,” Lady Gwin nods to the court herald to announce them.


Water trumpets filled and surrounding the hall as the guards knelled as they walked by... “Straighten your back, lift your chin son,” she said to him.


“Yes mother,” he replied.


“Don't look at your feet or your clothes,” she whispered... “Keep your eyes forward.” Lady Gwin could her whispering in the crowd as they walked by as they look at the boy.  “Alright breathe son… sit beside me. Smile and wave to the people... that's it,” closing the Queens Chamber door she lets out a big sigh. “Alright, here we go.” Lady Gwin waved her staff as a wave of water pushed them to the top opening a gate to the realm where EJ family is waiting.


His brothers and sisters could not believe their eyes as they watched Lady Gwin enter with their brother. Danny, Sam, and Ted jumping up and down in the water with excitement as he came closer as the water slowly fell away from him. “Now remember what I said. We can not leave the water for it sub-stains your life.” EJ sighs looking at the water still at his waist as they slowly walked to the surface. “It's alright son, but is very important that you understand,”


Lady Gwin putting her arm around him. “Not even I can leave the water for very long without it affecting me. For it is life and is a hard one we ourselves live in, you to will come to understand this. Now then your family is waiting and I promised them and you could visit with them. But first, as a Prince not as their son, you have a duty that must be honored first.” Lady Gwin nods to the herald to announce his arrival and her trusted Captains. Wearing White gold matching outfits, and long silver-white capes and high soft boots laced with silver coral string.


From the waters edge a carpet of star mist laid before them as the Captains stand on the side with trumpets as the herald walked down the middle dressed in splendid blue sea coral silk.  The air filled with trumpets and the drums beat. “Ladies and Gentlemen ...The Lady Gwin of the Living Water and her Prince, Prince Orin.” The drum beats loud and trumpets blew high in the air. The rays of the sun; shined bright down upon them as they walked on the carpet made of water. The herald knelled as did the Captains all take a knee as they pass by them.


Robert, Richard, and Wills' eyes popped as they watched him walk on water. His sisters whispered in each other's ear, “how cute he looks in his little outfit,” nearly giggling. Ma and Pa give him a warm smile nudging to the boys and them.


“Yes Ma,” they sighed as they followed Kollie and Rena lead bowing and curtsying.  While grandma tries to control herself from laughing and her gown from riding up as she curtsy without falling over. Lady Gwin giggled watching them all. “Well at least they are trying, alright my little prince, let’s go meet them shall we.”


Lady Gwin gives all permission to arise. She turned to the small court sending them all away except for two Captains and maid's woman and her manservant Ranson. Giving her Prince one more gentle warning and kiss on the cheek removes his little vest and hands it to her manservant. “Alright,” she said giving him a nudge laughing. EJ takes off running leaving the carpet falling with a large splash.


“I knew I forgot to tell him something,” watching him picks himself up. “Oh well.” Lady Gwin sighs. EJ didn't care as he ran towards his family reached the water edge he took two steps out of the water his face went stone cold. He could barely breathe. Lady Gwin rushed over as he fell over onto the soft shores chocking.


She yelled. “Quick. Get him back into the water.” Pa quickly picked him up watching him slowly slip through his arms like water thawing, his body not solid enough to hold him long without the water. Pa lays him in the water, EJ gasping as he breathed as his lungs once more filled with water. Lady Gwin falls to her knees at his side lifting his head on her lap strokes his wet hair, with tears falling from her eyes. “I told you, my Prince. You can not leave the water.” Everyone watched him come back around with his Ma holding his hand and Pa holding the other his brothers and sisters knelt beside him.


EJ whispers tiredly opening his eyes. “I just wanted to,” gasped for more air and with tears strolling down his cheek. “You too hold me Ma.”


Ma bends down slowly kiss his little wet cheek wiping his tears. “I know son, I know and I want to hold you to, but not on the shore silly boy. You must listen when we say not be in such a hurry.”


“Yes, Ma I know.” EJ sighed. Lady Gwin calmly gives him a kiss on the cheek and pours him a glass of her living water. “Drink it, my son,” watching his eyes and body glow giving him few more minutes then helped him on his feet.


She sighs with a squeeze, “apparently we need to set some boundaries if this to work.” She said walking over to the maid's woman borrowing pair of clam shears. “Orin my Prince what are we going to do with you?” Smiles bends down measuring his leg and rolling up his pant legs, “I'm going to ruin good pair of play clothes. Oh well never did care for these anyway.” Starts cutting making them into shorts while wearing them.


“Orin,” Lady Gwin was very stern with him, “when the water reaches below your knees that's as far as you go,” no further. Or you can't come out and play or visit with your family is that clear.”


“Yes mother, thanks,” Orin said giving her big wet kiss.


“I mean it now!” Lady Gwin replied shaking her finger at him.


Ma reached up to her son. “Don't worry my Lady,” giving her son a cold look. “He will mind. Will make sure of it won't we?” Giving one her cold looks with hands on her hips towards her family.


“Yes Ma,” they all replied.


“Now come and give your Ma a hug and I think your Grandma,” watching Grandma waded in gown and all. “Wants one too,” she replied.


“You got that right, out of my way," pushing a Captain, “I ‘m comen thru.”


Pa laughed. “Son now you’re in trouble.”


“I know Pa,” grinning.


Grandma putting her arms around him giving a big old bear hug and a wet kiss, she patted his little princely bottom for good measure. “Don't you ever let me worry about you again like that? I am getting too old for this and I'm all out of dimes my boy.”


“Yes grandma, but I didn't?”


“Never mind,” Grandma said giving him another kiss handing him back to his Ma. “We’ll think of something.”


“Alright, son go play,” Lady Gwin said laughing.


“Yes, Mother.”


With all his brothers and his Uncle Richard and sisters swimming with him, Lady Gwin puts her arm around Martha and Wayne sighs and giggles. “Now then where were we, oh yes your accommodation, let's go on the shore have a little bit of spring tea,” she said.


“But I thought you said?” Martha asked.


“Yes he can't leave the water, I can for short periods, and I just require a little bit water to sub-stain me while I'm out on dry land.” Lady Gwin waves her hand over the land as a water carpet is placed beneath her. “You see I never actually leave the water. Your son hasn't learned how to do this yet and his body is very weak as Jaydan explained earlier to maintain it so I need to provide for him until he can.”


Grandma watched how the maid's woman sets things up for her without her lifting a finger. A table made of crystal water is set around the water edge with White Sea silk tablecloth and silver blue crystal cups and a tray of cape white sugar cookies in the shape of seashells. The Captains all slide them in, Kollie and Rena on one side and Grandma on the far side to them, Wayne and Martha on the other side.


Grandma gown dripping wet makes squishing sounds when she sits. Martha pats her hand and laughs as they all sit in wet clothes. Lady Gwin gives each a warm smile. “Sorry for being so hard on you all. I understand you been through a lot and don't know what to except. That goes for me to I am afraid, our worlds are changing some good and not so good. The boy, your son Martha and you Wayne saw something and I think it was advents of things that would come to light if Hess and Morgan win this fight,” she replied as she poured the tea.


Wayne, Martha gasped. “You mean you saw it too?” He asked.


Lady Gwin shrugged it off. “Of course I did,” turned to watch the children play.


“How?” They all asked.


“It doesn't matter.  The fact it is that is very real and we need to deal with it. We also have another problem, well I do at least hope you can help me with before the boy returns to my realm with me.” Lady Gwin feeling stupid and foolish. “This may sound foolish and is probably nothing, but after you two healed me. I felt all the darkness in my realm as if there are many dark souls. But I probably being silly, but it does concern me how this man Ferlin a dark shadow from Hess's realm was able to find the boy so soon.”


Wayne and Martha gasped. “You mean they tried?”


Lady Gwin tried to re-insure them. “Yes he tried, but I sent him back destroying his current form. It's just a matter of time before he's back out, what I understood from Jaydan that all the seals are broken and the door itself is unlocked. The boy is in great danger because he saw him as you see him now,” she said taking a bite of the cookie passing around the tray.


“Humm,” Kollie muttered in deep thought watching the boys. “I think I might have an idea, but it might hurt you Lady Gwin I am not sure. I've never dealt with water people mostly humans. Magic is sort of a new thing for me and my family and I am told we are the first in our kind in many centuries. What I’m purposing is.” Kollie looked at Martha then at Lady Gwin gathering his thoughts.” Is that you have a child? That some of his genes be altering in such a way that he will look the spitting image of you through a rebirth through you,” Kollie paused as they all take it in.


“Now we have done it through planets and plant life, but we have never done it with a human already born or a spirit of one's true self. Well actually we have in a way if you count the Altaerin's on Trillen, but it matter of shedding their primitive skin and the same with the Darzzee. Water people I am not sure about and would need to visit your world again and meditate with my family on the matter. But I think it may be possible. Providing you Lady Gwin, Martha, Wayne are willing, because there's no going back once we change his spirit form.”


Lady Gwin gets up and paced along the shores watching the boy prince. “I promised him I would keep him safe,” she muttered. “Fine on two conditions if you are able to do this change… I want Martha to be part of it. He is her son and I promised him I would never take her away from him.


“Second, the boy must agree and be willing to go through with it, I refuse to force it on him. I sense great coldness from him when I see images of his real mother and his father. I can't see any more than that, there is too much darkness that surrounds him. Jaydan won't tell me why and the boy's mind is closed off. I need to know to help him fight against it. It's killing him slowly… I can feel it as it reaches the surface. I think this how Hess found him I am not sure.”


Martha takes Gwin's hand gripped it with tears. “I know why if want to know, my and I husband can tell you what you need to know, but there's also more we are selves don't know. His grandmother knows more of his home life that we haven't seen.”


Grandma nods. “I'll tell what I know for my grandson.”


Lady Gwin could feel the sorrow and the pain they hold as they look at the boy.  “I must free you from this pain, for it is darkness and my living water will free you and him from it. Are you willing to accept my terms, Martha and Wayne?” She asked as she waits for their answer.


“Yes with all our heart he is our son,” they both replied.


“Kollie returns with your boys and tells nobody anything except those you trust fully at the main house; do not bring anybody with you except them. I will provide for you and your family in my realm. Leave now so we may start.”


“Yes my Lady,” Kollie stands and bows as Rena curtsies before leaving.


Lady Gwin opens the passage for them as they walk thru the small gate. Watching it close she breathed. “Come walk with me. Grandma, you can wait here if you like my maid's woman will attend to you first. You'll find some fresh clothes in your room in the house,” Lady Gwin replied as she pointed to the house now built on the shore.


“Yes, my Lady.” grandma tries to curtsies.” Following her maid's woman into the house...


Lady Gwin smiles as she rests her arms on Wayne's bare shoulders. “I think you're going to make a nice royal couple when we get done with this and you sir a handsome Lord. I just hope the ladies know better to keep their hands off you,” giggling rubbing his shoulders watching him blush.  Martha giggles watching her husband trip over himself. “Now then that's better,” feeling the water reaching her knees. “How do you feel about sitting in here with me?” She asked.


“Refreshing My Lady, quite refreshing;” Wayne replies taking a seat as the water flows around them up to his waist, and feeling much better now that Jaydan had found a better pair of swim trunks to wear, compared to his wood elf boxers. Having his wife Martha sit on the other side of the Lady Gwin.


“Good because I need together a little strength for what I am about to do.” She paused to meditate to clear her mind as the water slowly wraps around them. “Take my hand Martha, Wayne and let me guide you,” they each take her hand. Within monuments their minds were opened; reliving their lives back at home in Santaquin. It was the day Martha first met EJ for the first time that beginning summer...tears flowed down her cheeks as the images replayed themselves. Lady Gwin felt them each as she watched the boy's life entwined around them.


The sorrow, the pain, and the great love they share for him. She could see it, feel it, nearly overpowering her, trying to hold on to the threads of time. Then she screamed  “NO!” The darkness begins to take him away. Nearly lashing out as her hands grip tighter then soften as she lets go breathing hard with tears running down her cheeks.


“I understand!” She said her eyes glowed when she looked at the boys. She yelled into the air with such force, the wind howled as if in pain around them. “I understand!” She yelled turning into the trees as they bend with such force. Grandma dives out of the house with her maid's woman shaking with fear; Captains running towards them as she screams into the air as the pain is felt as she falls back into the water covering her with waves crushing the sides...


The water calming her as she raises into the air with a bright light surrounding her it burst. Thunder striking the skies she yells once more. “He is the White Solan let him rise for I will not let you touch him ever again.” Taking her staff points it into the sky creating a water crystal dome sealing the lake and its border...



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again, some good character interactions and some good ideas are present, but once again, it feels like a lot of this is filibuster. Even the character interactions while good, they feel like they're just being added on for the sake of prolonging the story. It almost feels like there's a few moments of visual writing and everything else is told to us. I do think there is something within this story that can be great, but I'll keep reading to see how it progresses.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep