Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 5


Aunty M looked up feeling the vibration of light of anger and sorrow as she watched the shield form around a lake in the distance. She knew where her family is as she tries to stop the shield from closing. Jasper quickly stepped in. "No!" Margaret don't... this needs to happen, she needs to feel it to help him and us.”


“He's my Nephew Jasper,” Aunty M replies in tears. “I need him as much they do. She taking them away from me.”


“Yes she is, so you can live to my dear. You can't be there for him, you know this. It is not your path, it is theirs. You are the Lady of the Light the keeper of souls. You must save the souls that are waiting for you, for they are many and must be guided back into the light. You can not live in his world forever Margaret or you will not be able to help him find his way back if you remain as you are just as his Aunt. You are the light, his guide, our guide through the darkness, now lead us. Find your way so you can help us.”


Kollie and Rena looked back only once before heading towards Margaret and Jasper. “Jasper is she ready?” They asked watching Margaret pace angrily back in forth along the porch. The birds are still as cold breeze hangs in the mid-morning air.


“Ready for what?” Margaret asked facing them with anger in her eyes.


“To move on my dear, to move on because if you are not Margaret, the White Solan and his companion is in a heck lot of trouble, come I'll explain while Rena prepares the boys,” Kollie tells them all that has happened with Lady Gwin and what he found out regarding what is hiding in the waters themselves. “It was slowly killing her you see,” he waved his hand show her glimpse of the darkness lurking in her realm. “Each night someone would poison her. Who? They don't know yet. Someone found out the boy was already here and tried to kill him.”


Margaret faces got really mad with anger, “Kollie who?” She asked.


He just shrugged it off and continues on, Jasper nods. “I see I was right,” Jasper replied.


“Yes my friend, but that's not the worst of it. That gates open now… every time we kill someone from his side before we close it, they can come back. What's worse one has seen the boys face without his mask and will tell them that he is here.”


“So what I am… and she is purposing is a rebirth of her in a sense with the boy combined with him and her, altering his spirit form.”


“You can't do that!” Margaret screams standing up pounding the table. “That would change him forever.  His body will have enough problems as is when Jeff leaves it. No, I can't let you do this, no way. A wood elf is one thing, but changing his entire spirit is unacceptable.”


“Margaret it’s not your choice to make so you might as well…” Kollie tries to reply.


“What? Accept the fact that I have no say anymore. No Jasper! His real mother would not want this.  Not that I really care want she wants mind ya. She lost him and he is much better off in Martha and Wayne's care, but to go to this length for a person who knows nothing about him.  It is bad enough she’s claiming that he is her son when he already has parents that love him. No, No, NO! I will not go along with it,” she yelled.


“Well, he can't stay as he is Margaret you know this and the decision has been made, whether you accept or not does not change the danger for him or his family. I just hope I can pull it off. That is why I need your help Jasper, Lady Gwin said you had a library of old magic and the history of her people. Do you mind me and family take look at it?” Kollie asked.


“No, not all, it’s just collecting dust anyhow. Be good have some else take the responsibility to tell you the truth.”


“Shall we my good sir?” Kollie said leaving Margaret to stew a bit.


Jasper's laughed. “But it does have quite a bite I warn you.”


“So does she?” Kollie said.


Which one?” Jasper asked looking at Margaret in the corner looking out the window at the crystal dome. “Exactly.”


Glen and Melee entered the room passing Kollie, Jasper nods to them in Margaret's direction. “Yes I see,” Glen said patting Jasper shoulder and sighs.


“Nice view,” Glen tapped her on the shoulder. “Wouldn't you say so, Margaret? Sure is a shame to waste it when you know that your family and them are in trouble. And you just standing there waiting to be asked. Should I go see what all the fuss is about? Or should I stay here doing nothing while souls, where he is, could kill him at any time, while you sit and worry over things? That you can't help with!!” Glen said getting really angry.


“When you know, and have been told and set upon the task to help those lost souls suffering in the darkness, making Hess and his buddy stronger every minute you stew. Now make your choice end their suffering and his or find something to occupy your time with a good book, but don't come crying when that boy can't find his way, because you did not do yours. Now git.”


Melee giving him a really hard stare then putting her arms around Margaret; “tell me what you see dear? And how you really feel…?” Margaret lays it all out in tears as they wash down her face. “And you think that's a bad idea having them do this?” Melee asked.


“Yes’ oh yes!” Margaret said nearly pleading.


“I see… When you look at a book you see the outside it’s hard, it is an average book, and it weighs the same now doesn't it? But when you open the book its not just a book is it?


"No, it has life and heart and soul as you read its pages. EJ will never change, not really, because he can't, not his soul. No one can transform or reshape it like this book; it still has a heart as he does. The covering does not matter its what inside the book that's important. You will always love him regardless of whatever he looks like because you know his heart.


“You must learn let your eyes see more than just the covering my child. Now have a good cry and get out there and keep some that darkness off his back,” she said giving her a kiss on the cheek. “He needs you, we all do dear, but you know that.”


“Thanks… I need that, but how do I get through that?” Margaret replied pointing to the shield.


“Same way you do anything else dear. Knock on her door dear, just not as his aunt, shed that skin of yours.”


“Now that I can do because right now I am really mad.”


Aunty M running out the door in a gush of wind. She smiles as she laughed eyes sparkling amber gold. Her hair hot fiery red, taking her staff of white flame, leaped into the air dives through in a flash of blinding light.


“KNOCK, KNOCK I'm coming in and you better let me in because you really, really pissed me off.” Margaret burning a hole right through the dome enters seeing her family and them all on the shore. The children look up from playing in the water. EJ waves, Margaret waved back walking along the shore.


“Now then, missy,” Margaret said pointing her staff at her. “You have a problem and I am here so lets me and you solve it woman too woman. He’s is my Nephew and you want to be his second mother. I can live with that, but here are my terms. I can visit him whenever I want, you will not stop me is that clear? Martha, Wayne glad see you taking bath for a change, but it’s my turn so get out of the way.”


Margaret pointed her staff into the water and dives right in head first screaming all the way down. “Oh my!” Rena watching with the boys as a bright white light from underneath shatters the water in a great big rumble, Dark souls screaming as they surface trying to find a way out.


Aunty M laughing as she points to the shadows, white lightning shooting from her staff. Margaret dives once more as the bright light covers every corner of the lake and the sides. Margaret at last surfaces for the last time.


She yelled. “Missy problem solved you might be doing some redecorating. I kinda left ya, folks, down there a bit of a mess, but it sure will be a lot quieter… Now then,” Margaret calming down a bit yet still glaring hard.


“Introduction might be in order; I am the Lady of the Light the keeper of souls. The giver and taker of life. You got black souls; I save them, please to meet ya. My friends call me Margaret. Like I said he’s my Nephew do you have a problem with that?” Giving her icy cold stare.


“Good… I have said my piece, done my job, so if you don't mind I am moving in. Glad you can make it Kollie, Rena.” Aunty M slowly turning shaking her head letting the water fly away. “Now then do what you need to do because I am starved and heard their Banquet somewhere?”


“Yes ma’am,” Kollie replied with a nod.


“Common boys your brother needs to do things and we need to dry off and change,” Aunty M replied.


“Yes Aunty M,” they said.


Aunty M and Grandma take all the children into the house as they wave to EJ with a worried face. “It’s alright.” Aunty M placed a kiss on each of their heads. “He'll still be your brother; they promised me and him that. Now let's change our clothes because I feel like drowned rat.”


Lady Gwin took EJ’s hand and Ma takes the other. Pa put his hands on his shoulders. “EJ we need to do something to you. Do you trust me and your Ma son?” Pa asked.


Yes Pa, you know I do.”


“Yes I know, but what we are going to do, we can not fix once it’s done, you'll be like this forever. You will be our son and you will be hers in look and feel. You'll never see your spirit self again as you see it now. It will be a big adjustment to your little wood elf body and to your real one, but your soul, your mind will always be you, that will never change, and neither will our love for you.”


Pa. I love you so much it hurts and you to Ma, I trust you.”


Lady Gwin kneels down close to him. “And I promise you with all my heart,” with tears flowing down her cheeks. “I will be the best Mother to you that I can be. I will never let anything, or anyone harms you ever again.


“Not your father not your real mother or any of those other families you stayed with. I know you, I've seen you EJ "you .” And it makes me so mad that Morgan and his Masters used you. Trust me when I say they will not win and they will never again see the light of day when were through kicking their a*s all the way down to hell and locking them in for good.


“Now I need a hug from my son and nice big kiss and I changed mind son. You can call me Ma, Mother or Mom I don't care what anyone else thinks if it is proper or not, but don't you ever kneel to me; it is I that should kneel to you.”


“Thanks, Mother, but I can't breathe.”


“Sorry!” She said rubbing his wet hair, “you'll live.” Both his Ma's laughing with another kiss on each cheek. Lady Gwin stands. “Kollie I believe we are as ready as we're going to be. If you wouldn't mind one extra request, I want his Pa to be a part of this too. This boy could use some nice strong shoulders, plus he just as handsome and I would hate to have it all go to waste…  What do you say, Wayne?” She asked.


“You don't have to ask me twice does she son.”


“No Sir Pa. That will make them mad and I can finally be just like you.”


“Exactly son, exactly,” Pa replied as he rubbed his head.


Kollie motion his family over to where EJ is knee deep in the water; the boys and their Pa leaving their outer clothing on the shore while Rena ran into the house to change into one Lady Gwin's dresses with Martha. Everyone else on shore watched with anticipation.


Aunty M paced still not liking the idea; everyone in their place putting Martha, Wayne, EJ, and Lady Gwin in the middle of the circle. They all take hands and begin to meditate; focusing on the water then a light spreads in the middle. A loud scream is heard from EJ then another from Lady Gwin then Martha screams out in pain, and then Pa joins in screaming. Kollie telling his family “do not let go whatever you do.”


Then silence is heard as a baby cries in the light surrounding them. Aunty M and grandma see a small shadow forming inside the light as it grows.


A soft lullaby is heard as two mothers hold their son, a father laughs. Then another bright light bigger and brighter than before then burst, shooting out and upwards. Kollie and Rena with tears in their eyes as they step away slowly from the circle Rena slowly dragging to the shore grabbing the tablecloth from the table.


Rena walking back she hands the tablecloth to the three parents to wrap their son in. Pa picks him up in his arms and lays him down in the water covering him complete then lifts him up, as their mothers wrap the tablecloth around his little waist. Kollie and his family walk away from them so his family can see him.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There was a lot more visual moments in this chapter as opposed to talking, which definitely helped. It allowed the story a chance to breathe and let the audience take in what they have been receiving. Maybe not too much action, but letting us see the characters interact as well as talk to each other is a big and good step to have.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the review

Yes this was important part of the story and leaning experien.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep