Chapter 5-1

Chapter 5-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 5-1


He was born again with a brand new body, as he felt his heart beating and the new blood coursing through his veins. He looks a lot like all three parents. Broad shoulders and chin like his Pa, his hair green and blue coral and face like his mother Gwin. He had Martha's nose and her deep blue eye's and about 4 and a half feet tall no older than 9 or ten years old.


They couldn’t age him, too quickly, or he would never be able to fit into his little Elf Body, or until he has learned enough to keep himself alive like most of the children in the water realms. Plus the fact it was the perfect disguise no one would think twice, that he and the Dark Prince share a similar likeness. In truth, he did not look like EJ anymore unless you look really, really close when he smiles. He was very weak as his mother Gwin puts his head on her shoulders and sits him on her lap as they all rest in the water together. It was done.


Kollie slowly puts his hand on Margaret's shoulder and smiles, “well what’ are you standing around here for go see him for pet sake,” he replied.


Grandma shouting, “me first I have dibs on him, Margaret, he still my grandson you're just his aunt,” she shouted diving towards the water.


Kollie and Rena laughed at the family diving into the water. “Yes sir family we are going to be the cleanest bunch yet and we haven't even left dry land,” Kollie replied as he laughed.


“What do mean Pa?” Mark asked.


“You'll see,” Kollie leaning down to kisses Rena, “considering we are moving in with her.” He laughed.


“But Pa we aren't fish?” Frank said nervously.


“No son. Neither is he, just part fish.”


Grandma and all them giving him a kiss as he slowly opens his big blue eyes and smiles “How do I look, grandma?” He asked.


“Beautiful. Now give me a kiss is the least I deserve don't you think?” She asked.


“You bet, but it might be bit wet,” he replied as he tries to lean over.


“I'll live, I'll live,” Grandma said giving him a second one. Lady Gwin slowly stands to help him onto his little webbed feet. “I think its time we head back son you need a nap and a fitting before the banquet and your family needs time settled in a bit.  Martha, I'll leave my maid's women with you help with clothing for your family. Come, Orin,” she replied


“Yes mother,” he said as he waved goodbye taking her hand.


“Kollie brings your family, they tell me your quarters are ready.”


“Yes, my Lady.”


Kollie pats Martha and Wayne on the back. “I’ll be back later when we get them settled in. So I can prepare you. It's going to a whiz-bang of a party what we hear. Come on boys just leave them,” watching them pick up their clothes. “You are not going to need them where we are going anyway.”


“But pa dressed like this?” Peter asked.


Lady Gwin laughs as she ushers them in. “Come on boys we don't have all day. Nobody going to see you, I had the hallways cleared just for my son,” leaning over giving him a kiss on the cheek, “because he doesn't have a stitch to wear yet.”


“Thanks, Mother,” Prince Orin replied.


“No problem son would you like to do the honors of taking us home,” she asked handing her staff.


“Can I Mother?”


She nods. “I don't know why not? Do you Kollie he is my son isn't he?”


“Yes ma’am, he sure is, I mean yes my Lady,” Kollie replied looking down at his feet.


“It’s alright Kollie, you and his family I'll allow it from, but nobody else. Right my boy?”


“Yes, mother. That’s because they are our best friends and nobody crosses us, right mother?


“That's right son,” she said as she placed her arm on his shoulder.


Orin pushed forward with a couple of tries with the staff with his mother's help. A huge wall of water opened up a gate. The boy's eyes pop right out of their heads. Then watching the water rise covering them. Pa slapped each on the back because they were holding their nose and breath under the water as they walked towards it. “Breathe boys, just breathe, let the water fill your lungs.”


Lady Gwin and Orin laugh at their foolishness. “It not going to hurt you,” Prince Orin turned back as he watched them hacking and choking until they got used to it.


“Thanks a lot, E...”


Lady Gwin gave them a hard stare shaking her finger. “He doesn't exist here boys, this is Prince Orin… you got that?” She asked in a stern voice.


“Sorry,” they replied as she gave them each a stern nod.


“When we get to your quarter's boys were going to have a nice, long, chat. While my son here is taking a nap. Because it looks like your father hasn't explained to you how things work,” Lady Gwin replied giving him a hard stare.


“Sorry my Lady, I have been kinda of busy.”


Lady Gwin sighs, “It’s all right. I understand we do have a very busy schedule sometimes… even me, but sometimes… never mind,” looking at her son. “Well, mange.” Oh good,” Lady Gwin replied taking in a nice bit of fresh air. “Margaret cleaned house I see,” not caring about the damage of the interior of her castle estate. “That darkness seem lifted from here, but I still feel something wrong, can you feel it Kollie or is just me?”


“No, ma’am. I can feel it,” Kollie replied looking around. “And we’ll find the source and take care of it. Won't we family?” He asked


“Yes, Pa.


“I am glad. Strange?” She said walking more into the realm. “I haven't seen one person staring at us.”


“That's because mother they wouldn't dare,” Prince Orin replied.


“Now all the guards have been warned and cleared the way for you boys so don't be embarrassed. If I hear one rumor they even dared to peek or smirk, trust me, son, it will be their last.


“The only ones that will see that naked body of yours is me son and your parents that I promise, well maybe the tailor, but she sees everyone including me and she really good seamstress,” she replied laughing seeing the redness in their cheeks. She laughed even harder when her son Orin's eyes popped open wide seeing someone waiting by his room. “Mrs. Deirkle we will be with you in just a minute, she replied.


“Yes my Lady,” she curtseyed.


“Kollie your quarters are just down the hall first door on the right. I hope you boys don't mind sharing a room?” She asked.


Their Pa said. “No my Lady they don't, And we will be just fine as soon we get out of these soggy clothes, they are so uncomfortable to wear in the water,” Kollie replied, as he was warning a nit cotton white t-shirt and his boxers. While his sons were shirtless and only wearing their cotton boxers, that were fashioned after their old Kintage gowns, Rena hated to waste good martial as she smiled seeing all her boys and her husband wearing colors that would stop a bird or a fish in any direction in mid-flight or their case swim.


Orin smiles back. “I know it is better than wearing nothing at all,” laughing at the tablecloth wrapped around his waist ridding in the waves around him. “Oops” almost lost it there,” he replied turning bright red shuffling it for a better grip.


Kollie laughed rubbing his head. “Nobody saw anything, plus there’s nothing I haven't seen all ready Orin, after all, I just delivered you. And stitched you up more times then I wish to count,” He said hoping to make him feel better.


“I know Doc it's just,” Orin replied looking around the hallway. “Between you and me,” he whispered. “I rather not remember it,” blushing red.”


Kollie and Rena laughed leaning down giving him a kiss on his cheek. “We won’t tell a soul we promise,” Rena replied.


“Well, boys I believe this our stop;” Lady Gwin opening the door to their room with three huge beds and large wardrobe waiting to be filled with clothes. “Boys just help yours to some cookies and milk while I get Orin settled,” she said.


“Yes ma’am,” they replied seeing the tray on the desk.


“You can set those boxers you are wearing over there on that chair that will be nice, you should know I have raised 10 boys and 3 husbands, and you find her that clothing here when comes to you boys and some of the men are, nothing more then fancy bathing suits you land lovers wear and the girls well, lets just say, we don’t differentiate until they reach womanhood and even then,” Not waiting for a reply as she closed the door to their room.


“Now then Orin lets see if we can help get you fitted for some new clothes.” She removed the tablecloth threw it in the corner before he can say another word. Sat on the bed, “alright Mrs. Deirkle we’re ready,” watched her boy turn bright red as she opens the door.


Lady Gwin turned him around so she can see him. “Straighten those shoulders Orin there is nothing to be embarrassed about… you’re a Prince you'll be treated as such. Just like the rest of your brothers and sisters, your Royalty act like it.” She said sternly squaring his shoulders firmly.


“Now then,” she says lifting his chin with her hand keep him from looking away or down. “Mrs. Deirkle this my son Orin, he's been way in school for a while. His father died recently of that sickness that has been going around I felt, it was time for him to take his place beside me, now that he has reached the age of 10 when most children start their training here with the older boys, to become good soldiers like his father was... Since all my other boys have been raised and are gone now, he is all that I have left in the world, that is my flesh and blood that can ascend the throne,” she replied not changing her voice as she puts forth the lie.


“Now I want him fitted with finniest silks you can find and some nice Princely play clothes for him. Nothing to elaborate yet simple, comfortable for him that shows off these nice shoulders he has. He gets those from his father you know. He has an attendance-see not to obey, but he is getting better at it and is learning,” giving him kiss on the head. “So I want knee pants made for him nice ones, not that drab he was made earlier.”


“Yes my Lady,” replied Mrs. Deirkle. “Now then my little prince, stand up nice and tall let me have look chu’ you.” “Hold still.” She said taking her tape measure.


Mrs. Deirkle was older type grandmother type, right on down to her bob silvered blue hair with coral beads sticking out of the bob, and big wire frame glasses that made her green coral eyes big as basketballs. She wasn’t a large woman by any means standing about 5 foot like his grandmother.


She was little round around the middle standing on a small bird-like feet stuffed inside brown soft slipper shoes, with little silver tassels; her dress was cut too full length red from the neck down to her about half passed her knees, decorated with sea horses dancing around her.


Her voice had a strange accent, and she made you feel warm all over when she smiled, yet when she means business she meant it every word of it, and could teach a spotted leopard fish or a coral snake to stir clear away from her.


“But that tickles.” Orin giggles with his cheeks turning bright red.


“You boys are all the same I swear Prince or not,” she muttered. “Turn around boy that's it, don't be shy boy. I have been dressing your mother ever since she was a young girl and her boys. Nice strapping boy my Lady could use a bit of that suds milk for his skin. Little rough, needs a little more color in him too. He's almost pale, doesn't see much sun has he? Almost as white as gopher fish underbelly if you ask me,” she replied as she writes down the measurements.


“That's it boy square those shoulders,” pushing them back a bit. “Yep, his father left you a piece work, my Lady. But I think we can make him look princely in no time at ta'l. I got just the material that would set his features off. Yes, sir, he'll be the most handsome prince around. I got what I need.” Mrs. Deirkle standing up, “I suppose you wanted me to fit the rest while I am here?” She asked.


“Yes that would be nice, they are our best friends and we go back long ways... isn't that right son?” She replied


“Right mother.”


“But nothing too, never mind. They are his godparents in away. So give them the best you can find, just don't outshine my son,” Lady Gwin replied.


“Never my Lady,” Mrs. Deirkle replied as she closes the door.


“Alright, Orin you can dress now.” Lady Gwin handing him a long nightshirt, helping him put it on, turned down his bed. Tucks him in with a kiss on the cheek, “now go to sleep, I'll come in a while to check in on you to make sure.”


“Yes Mother,” Orin said still with a little color in his cheeks. Lady Gwin closed the door points at the guards around the corner.“ Guard him, nobody is allowed in or out of that room. I want him guarded around the clock,” she ordered.


“Yes my Lady,” the guards replied.


Lady Gwin watched them march down the hall posting a guard. “I don't care what Margaret says, something is still here,” she whispered softly.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot more interaction, but I almost feel like the story is taking its time. I'm not sure if there's an element to it that I'm missing, but it does feel like we are doing a slow burn to something big with all these smaller pieces to this story. Maybe I'm missing something.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

one thing i don't like to do is rush i like to build things up then slow it down for something bigge.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep