Chapter 5-2

Chapter 5-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 5-2


A boy's scream is heard down the hall as Mrs. Deirkle opens the door, Frank, Mark, and Peter turning bright, bright red as she enters. Rena and Kollie run in through the side door of their room seeing their boys all embarrassed as the woman walks in closing the door behind her. Rena giggles looking at her boys wrapped in sheets around their waist. “Now, now there be none of that,” Mrs. Deirkle said setting her stuff down on the chair. “She told you I was coming didn't she?” Mrs. Deirkle asked.


“Yes ma’am,” Frank replied swallowing hard. “But we thought a man was going to do it.”


“What on earth for? Now then I am a busy woman have lots to do. You're their mother am I correct?” She asked.


“Yes, ma’am.”


“I am Mrs. Deirkle the royal tailor.”


“Pleased to meet you, ma’am,” Rena shaking her hand.


“Now as I said I have a lot to do so if wouldn't mind giving me hand here with your three strapping young boys. I would really appreciate it and then I can fit you and your husband and be on my way, but I can not measure them wearing sheets.” Pulling them off Frank watching him fall on the ground turning red, “and those must go.” Pointing to his boxers.


“Those are the most hideous thing I have ever seen.” Frank crossing his arms and legs turning red. Rena giggles watching him, but Mrs. Deirkle was not laughing as she grabs her shell shears heads for them. “You have two choices, I either cut them off where you stand or you can remove them, boy? I have no time for games today.” Her eyebrow raised her lip tightened; Frank looked at his Ma for help as she slowly steps in front of her scared son.


“Listen, Frank, you are a big boy now,” Ma putting her hand on his shoulder. “Show your brothers you can be one for them. I won't leave the room and I have done this many times with you haven't I?” She asked.


“Yes Ma, but you are my mother she not, it’s different.”


“Alright, son.” She said kissing his cheek. “Mrs. Deirkle, would it be ok if I do it and give you his measurements?”  She replied as she gives her son a quick smile.


“I don't like it. I have been doing this job forever. Never have I come across people as stubborn. Well actually there was this one time,”… Thinking of her youth when she was measuring a young prince and she was just a girl at the time. “Alright,” she said with a big sigh. “But I’m not leaving this room. I'd be the laughing stock of the kingdom.”


Rena smiles “that's fine,” nodding to her husband. “Just need this for now.” taking a blanket off the bed, “dear you mind holding this for me. Mark, you take the other end.” Mark making good and sure his sheet wrapped tight around him. “Now then boy's this best I can do,”


Rena muttered and smiled to herself as she looked at her boys. “May I borrow your tape measure. Thank you.” She said getting down to business. Pulling back around the other side of the privacy blanket. “Ok, Frank.” Ma standing held her hand out. “Like she said they are coming off one way or another, your choice.” Frank sighs and blushes bright red and hands them to her as she calmly tossed them in the corner.


“Ma.”


“What son?”


“Hey, that tickles.”


Rena calls out the numbers as she needs them. “Waist 15, chest ....hum straighten that back, 13. shoulders 18. I think you might have check he won’t hold still,” she said.


“I see.” Mrs. Deirkle replied peeking around the back.


“Too late son,” Rena grabbing the blanket so she could get a better look at him. “I think I missed measured those legs a bit.” Watching Frank turn beet red as a lobster in the sun.


“Hold still boy.” Mrs. Deirkle turning him around. “You mind holding his chin up for me. Thanks. Which one of you is next?” Mrs. Deirkle tapped her foot, handing Frank a dressing gown squiring his shoulders. “Next time you'll be prepared.” She said sternly. Frank swallowing hard looked at Pa. Pa shrugged his shoulder. “Son don't sweat ...”


“I know Pa, I know, but I still don't like it,” Frank replied dressing quickly.


“Don't get too comfortable sonny because when I'm done with your boys here your next.” Rena laughed watching him turn the nicest shade of red....“Rena, I think that covers your boys. Now that just leaves you and your husband. We can do it here or in your room, either way, is fine by me, but I think your boys would prefer not to see their mother without her clothes on. They're a bit young for that. Shall we?” She said pointing to their chambers picking up the discarded boxers. “These I can't wait to feed to the shark's boys. Lady Gwin the boys are ready for you?” She replies leaving the Whitmore’s Chambers with her basket in hand.


“Thanks, Mrs. Deirkle. I hope wasn't too much trouble,” Lady Gwin asked.


“Not at all my Lady.”


“Good. Because I'll need you to measure some more boys later when they arrive later in the week. Family coming and I want them to look their best,” She said getting ready to go into the boy’s room.


“Yes my Lady,” as she curtsied.


Lady Gwin steps into the boy's room seeing them all in their dressing gowns. “Now then,” closing their parent’s door. “Let's talk boys,” pulling up a chair.” Watching them snap their heads as she lays down the law of the court. “You will be schooled twice a day on manners fitting to Royalty boys. His safety and yours depends on it as you know because you help make it possible. I really do appreciate your families help, but he is a Prince, not just any Prince the White Solan you know how bad they want him,” tapping her foot waiting for answer.


“Yes my Lady,” they each replied.


“Good, Now that we gotten that out of the way come give me a hug so I can kiss those cute little red cheeks.”


“Yes, ma’am.”


“Now get some rest, you have a big night ahead of you. Besides, I don't think you want to go exploring around here with just these on, would you? I know the gals would love to see you, but I wouldn't want my god sons embarrassed,” giving them each kiss on the cheek. “It just wouldn't do at all...”





© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A short chapter, which I am starting to notice is a common theme when you dive into these chapter subsections. A lot of small stuff building up now, hopefully it all pays off in a satisfying way.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the Review.

IF i told you whats head it would spoil the surprise LOL.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep