Chapter 6-1

Chapter 6-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 6-1


Jaydan and Doc paced in front Salsern the King of all Living Water realms, pleading Lady Gwin's case before him; the fact that they were both soaking wet and standing their underwear. Watching Doc doing his best to ringing out his long wet cotton white T-shirt and long underwear; made him smile a bit as he was smart enough to strip clear down to just his boxer shorts, that had little red and black hearts on them, is a reminder how much he missed Lizzy.


Yet it made it difficult to plead their case, in front of the very King of all Living water. But how else were they going to get an audience with his majesty? Some indignities were worth the costs. After all most people barely wear this much, alone. Just more elegant ways of showing off, then his heart-shaped boxers and Docs old style underwear.


King Salsern feeling overwhelmed by the news of Hess… considering he was one of the masters of the light that helped put him away and sealed the door. “You must understand Doctor it’s been centuries,” Salsern replied feeling the aches and pains of old age.


The cold now engulfing his body, he looked like a very old man on his death bed, his lite bluish green eyes don’t shine as bright, his hair white hair falling out to leaving strings of long ago full head of beautiful blue and green silver hair, even his white beard was nothing more than uneven tufts of straggled mess..


He had lost weight, to the point his skin was nearly transparent, nothing but dark brown and black aging spots as his skin pulled loosely away from bone and muscle. He used to be a strong man, with large arms and shoulders hands built for fighting with large swords. Now they could barely pick up a butter knife, and his clothes hung on him like old tired seaweed.


“I very seldom leave the confinements of neither my chambers nor this realm anymore; for there is no cure,” as he coughs feeling weak, holding his staff of white coral.


Salsern wiped the black liquid from his lips. “There is nothing you are I can do about it. My doctors, who have been many, say I have not long too live, that others must take up the fight. So go, I wish you well on your journey home. Tell my daughter to leave things alone. And let me pass, knowing there will be no one left to take my place, once I am gone… Let me die in peace.”


“Now listen here.” Doc said getting red in the face, pointing his finger at him, “Not you are anyone will just push me off until I have come and done my job. You say that your doctors have looked at you and you’re ready to give up the fight? That’s fine. But I am not one of those crackpot doctors and you will sit there and mind me or Jaydan will give you the biggest beating he can give you with the help of your daughters.”


Salsern eyes narrowed as they watch Docs eyes glow then smile. Then roars with a great big laugh and waved his council away. “Ok doc you win,” he said as he sighed. Doc winks back at Jaydan sets his bag down then pace a bit in front of the king and nods.


“Yes, yes.” “Hmmm.” Doc listening to his heart “tsk, tsk, yep it’s a nasty one I must say, but I got just the thing,” he said, Doc opened his bag rummaging through it. He muttered. “Now where did I put that? Aha, yes.”


Doc pulled out a vile of a silver mixture of (yearns leaf and mixture of dried water crescent from the Kater system) Doc takes out a large shell bowl for mixing with little powder bone from Arkscatern tooth. With a couple of drops of Rena tonic with a mental note “Must get more or the recipe at least.” Mixes it all together, and smiles hands it to King Salsern. “Bottoms up,” standing over him. “And I don’t care how bad it smells or taste your going to drink every last drop.”


Doc giving him a hard cold stare, Jaydan laughed giving Salsern a nod watching him gag it all down. Doc meant every word to as he held up the clam bowl watching it all go down his throat.


Salsern coughed and sputter tried to spit it out, but doc just wiped his chin and smiled. Within a few minutes the Salsern eyes twinkled and his body glowed. He felt young and vibrant again as his body started to change as if he was no older then 700 give or take a few hundred years or so or a couple of centuries. He was so vibrant he picked up Doc and Jaydan right off the ground and swung them around.


His court guards thought he had completely lost his mind as he did a jig right there in the middle of the floor. “Well, I’ll be. If I didn’t know any better, I would say you healed me, and then some," grabbing his long big sword off the wall and started going through the paces, it never felt so good to be able to feel his sword in his hands again. He said sounding very grateful.


“Of course I did,” Doc said giving him hard stare, “I am not quack you know.” I am cold and a very wet one maybe, but not a run of the mill quack.”


Salsern laughed, snapped his fingers and asking them to bring Jaydan and Doc a nice warm robe and several towels, apologizing that he didn’t think about seeing to their discomforts straight away, and begun too pace, giving Doc and Jaydan another hard stare.


“This changes things I believe,” sitting back down on his throne. “That means I’m back in the game,” he said giving him really hard stare.


Jaydan just grins and paces than finding a seat in the room. “If you wouldn’t mind sir.” Jaydan asked, “It’s been a very long day so far.” Adjusting his robe around him.


“Oh no, please be my guest.” Salsern coming down towards him taking the seat next to him and offering Doc one to as well. “As I was saying,” Salsern waved over to a servant for some wine for all. “This changes things for us all, but our biggest problem is that most of the Council of Light that sealed those doors long ago or now very old like me or dead,” he replied cautiously.


Jaydan merely pauses taking in some wine. “Yes, but Morgan and Hess don’t know that yet or the fact we know where the White Solan is and who he is.” Jaydan watched carefully the room around them for any signs of listeners and gave a little shrug considering now everyone knows by now that the White Solan has come forth.


Salsern eyes nearly jump off the table. “You mean?” Salsern asked. Doc and Jaydan they both nod.


“Not only that my friend… your dear daughter Lady Gwin has him right now in her realm, hidden away,” Jaydan said in a soft whisper just enough that the three of them could hear as he looks around for listening ears. "Man, I hope they found a solution soon how to hide the boy. Once Morgan finds out that he doesn’t really have the boy or our goose is cooked."


Salsern almost in shock as fear strikes his face. “Then what are we sitting around here for that boy needs protection and her.” Salsern starts calling for his guards and issuing orders for departure. Jaydan calmly puts his hand on his shoulder. “I think we have some things we need to talk about first my good King. That you might and we want to discuss in more private accommodations,” nodding to his private chambers. Salsern sighs as he stands yells, “make ready to leave,” to his Captains.


“Yes my majesty,” they replied as they all bow.


Salsern leads Jaydan and Doc to his chambers. Jaydan slowly closes the door and sealed it placing a ward around the room. The King offering Jaydan and Doc a seat. “What I about tell you my majesty is for your ears only. Doc and I were sent here for two reasons, three really. Two you have already been informed of. Regarding her wanting to take the boy as her son to hide him. This is what you don’t know.” Jaydan replies handing him
a second envelope of the orders making his family Royalty by blood so they may enter the realm as well.


Salsern nearly loses control as his eyes bounce across the wall from the page. Jaydan and Doc wait then Jaydan clear his throat. “About 7 hours ago according to the news I have gotten, Hess has been told that White Solan and his family is here with a full description of the boy. The problem is Hess believes there might be another person, but still unsure as far as we know who it is… unless the word has been delivered that he has the wrong one because they have the boys body now in their position.” Jaydan said readying himself for the un-slot of questions.


Salsern confused. “I don’t understand? You say the White Solan is here yet Morgan and Hess have another copy?” He asked.


Jaydan nods. “Yes, but not the copy they think they have. Here let me explain, ”Jaydan begins by waving his hand unfolding the images of Jeff, then EJ. “These two are separate individuals they are bonded together as you know for you are the one that helped make it possible long ago,” Jaydan replied. As Doc eyes bounce from the images to Jaydan to Salsern.


Salsern nods to Doc. “It was necessary to prevent Hess and Morgan to gain control of the White Solan or the Dark Prince,” he replied looking back at the images.”


“But.” Jaydan waved his hand. “Morgan took the boy and made him a prisoner,” showing him, “to change his destiny to become the Dark Prince, believing he had killed the White Solan when he killed our buddy Jeff and trapped his spirit so the mantle could not pass to another. Since the prophecy states that they are both are alive and mortal in flesh and blood. He thought that he had could transfer the bond to him, instead of Jeff since he was no longer part of the living; yet you and I and the council long ago made it so, that could never happen; if either their souls or spirits got trapped, we could find a way to bring them back.


 “It was Derrick who solved the rest of the riddle about bring back EJ though time and place him back in his younger self, before both souls and their spirits become trapped. By since all three, had to be there in some form to find the 5 keys of Destiny and the items that all them to open each of the chambers so we can reset the balanced fabric of time that Morgan and his Hess has ripped to the point that if it that continues on this path everything dies… and every world, and the realms with them will wink out of existence.


“Allowing Morgan and them to become gods and recreate the very fabric of time, too rule over everything. The boy has the first item, the heart of stone glass; he or we have yet to figure out the riddle on how he is to gain the mother's tears, and place it inside the stone itself so it may lead him and us to the first Key before Morgan and Hess find it.


“What? When? And How,” Salsern asks as the fear starts to enter his mind of the possibilities as he looks aside for a moment. Trying to comprehend the problems they are now facing.


Jaydan shrugged it off and continues on. “So the new council of the light intercedes to protect the boy and the prophesy,” again showing Jeff and EJ standing together. “They switched them leaving Jeff spirit in the boy's body and we created a temporary host body for the boy,” Jaydan said as he tries to explain.


“You what?” Salsern replied seeing EJ as a wood elf nearly goes half mad.


“Now the Dark Prince has risen as the prophecy said he would. And the other shall follow. EJ is now the White Solan, but his body has been shed because it was a mask to hide his true self. Because Morgan and Hess have aged the boy clear into adulthood, knowing it can not be undone, and have given Jeff inside EJ’s body the power to become the Dark Prince.


"Not allowing him to come into the power on his own, they forced him to change, so they can speed up the process. Because of that, EJ spirit cannot be replaced into his body, there for his Wood Elf body could not be used to house his soul and his spirit. So it melted away, leaving him in his spirit form, as the White Solan.


“I came here hoping you and the old masters of light would know of a solution on how EJ may obtain a body, and age quick enough, to catch up to his new one before the last key is found to open the chamber doors. And still meet the requirements, of the prophecy.


“Right now Glen’s realm is being destroyed so Morgan can capture him if he can find him, knowing he is the only one that can bestow the glass stone heart. Either that or EJ himself must give it to him willingly after it has been filed with the mothers love and their tears and the located the first Key. When that happens, Hess will be able to regain his body and become whole again. We can not let that happen." Jaydan replied slowly lets the images fade and paced to let sink in and takes in some wine. Doc drinking several glasses watching the room heat up and eyes narrow in deep thought.


“When I left,” Jaydan said slowly turning back to the King Salsern. “Lady Gwin said she already had to kill for the boy, someone knew he was already there somehow. It would be just a matter of time before word got out that Hess had the wrong boy and Jeff and he would be in danger. That is why she claimed the boy as her own.”


Salsern nods. “I see, I just wish she would have come to me first or you.”


“There was no time my majesty; we did not know where you were at the time. Like you, she to was very sick, yet she did not know it and her realm was filled with dark souls they where holding her hostage. I would not be surprised if we find that here as well for Hess is everywhere and his minions are free to roam. So leaving here would not be such a good idea without alerting them that you are on the move.” He pauses taking a bite of cheese placed piece of spiced ham on a cracker chewing the wonderful flavors which he hasn’t had in such a long time from this part of the world since he was a boy.


“Now what I am suggesting is. I know of a person that could take your place for awhile providing you are willing to go along with it. I call it switch the bait for the mouse. Then make your move by doing this…” Jaydan replied whispering the plan he worked out in his head...


“Yes, that could work,” Salsern said looked towards the door. “Ok let’s do it.” Salsern poured himself a glass of wine offering some cheese to Doc.


Jaydan removed the stone from his neck and begins to search with his eyes. Then smiled seeing Nathaniel sitting on the porch talking to some men, Jaydan whispering in his ears. “Meet me in the back of the house,” watching Nathaniel face nearly go pale. “Hello old friend,” Jaydan said walking transparent in front of him. “How are things in New Downing?” Jaydan asks calmly.


“Ha, ha thought you would just drop by and say sorry about the short notice, but you might be in a bit of trouble being wiped out soon by Jeff and his old master?” Nathaniel not amused.


Jaydan shrugged continues on. "How about a nice little vacation, how does that sound?” He asks almost joking.


“Sorry I didn’t catch that last part,” Nathaniel replied skeptically.


“You heard me, Nathaniel. I think I might be able to kill two birds with one stone.”


“Come again?” Nathaniel asked. Jaydan lays out his little plan watching Nathaniel's face bounce off the side of the barn. “You want to do what and go where?” Nathaniel voice starting boil with anger.


“Why not? They would never to think of looking for them there.” Jaydan said laughing looking around the town noticing all the new buildings.


“Why Jaydan? Why would I even consider this idea?” He asked.


Once more Jaydan breaks things down. Waiting for the words and explosions of 
“What? How? When? She can’t? Not possible?” Waiting until he sees it for himself.


“No Jaydan. There is no way I can take his place?”


“Why not?”


“Because look at me.”


Jaydan laughed. “Has that ever stopped us before? No, my friend, look. He needs a favor and you need one as well so let's put all our eggs in one basket. Unless you think you can handle Hess and Morgan and all his goons by yourself with your little town. Because right now everyone else is busy running. So make up your mind. Are you in or are you out? Because we do not have a lot of time because when he finds out that they have already moved. And the boy is now with you know who?” Letting his words drop off.


Nathaniel paced looking at his house. “What about?” He asks regarding his family?


“Oh they’ll be fine on the shore’s where you’ll be watching them from your nice comfortable throne,” Jaydan said.


“So help me Jaydan,” Nathaniel shaking his fist. “If anything happens to them I’ll….?”


“Then I better make sure it won’t. See ya in an hour, go find Brad and have everyone stay within the shield," and dissipates.

 

* * *

 


Nathaniel watched Jaydan return, Nathaniel yelled to his men sending them out across the borders of the farms. “I want this town button down were moving,” he shouted.


“To where Sir?” They asked.


“If I told you that you would not believe me not git.” Nathaniel grinned seeing the Mayor then taking his arm along the side street, putting a ward around them. “Hello Brad, a fine day wouldn’t you say?” He asked.


“Why yes it is Sheriff,” Brad said.


“I was thinking about taking a vacation, see the sights; spend some time on the shore on a beach. What do think Brad would you like to come?” He asked as polite as can.


“Now?” Brad asks as if Nathaniel was joking and looked around making sure he heard him right, Nathaniel nods and smiles.


“Now, Brad because we are all moving. Us and the whole freaking town in one hour, have a nice day,” leaving him standing there......



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting chapter. Some of the good elements I felt were that we had some good visuals, and some interesting additions to the lore. It does feel a bit interesting to me, that despite being at around the halfway point of this book, it still feels like we are in exposition dump mode. I get that you have a lot of ideas and additions to the lore, but it does feel like it drags on for a bit. We had some intense moments in the beginning with the flashback and a chase scene, but I still feel like there hasn't been a big gut punch in this story just yet. Maybe I'm missing something, but it does feel like this story is more focused on explaining the world rather than having the world happen. But that's just me. I'll keep reading to see where the ending takes us.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

thanks for the review you made my day.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep