Chapter 6-2

Chapter 6-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 6-2



* * * *


Jaydan slowly turned back around and sighed. “That’s, it my majesty do you mind showing me a map of inland shores,” Jaydan said.


“Why?” Salsern asked.


“Because you have company coming.”


King Salsern gives him a worried look as he calls for the map then lays it out on the table. “Yes this should do nicely,” Jaydan said pointing to large spot inland. “You see we are going to do this in two folds. I have a town that needs to be hidden from Hess and you need a person to take your place while you are with us so I thought…”


Watching his face go redder than eel soup pot with anger. “You can’t do that?” Salsern replied.


“Why not?” Jaydan asked calmly as he begins to pace with his hands folded behind his back with a quick smile on how things are going. “Because there are not like the rest of you?” He asked. “Well guess what, get used to it because Hess does not care who he kills as along their dead. We need every good person no matter who or what they are if we are to put him back into his hole where he can never get out.” He replied watching him shrink back a little.


“Now then Nathaniel is a good man one of the best. I would have never even suggested him for this if I could not rely on him to do the job. He’s good about finding traitors among you and flushes them out before they will even have a chance to get to where you are heading, where we will make the switch." Jaydan replies as he takes another sip of wine to let it sink in a bit.


“Now to clean out the remaining of those dark souls we will send someone back here to help him. The Lady of the light, that’s right,” watching his eyes go into shock.


“She is in this realm as we speak. Plus I have a surprise your just going to love. She not alone and what Doc and I are feeling around here somebody or something is about to get a warm welcome. Now then pack light because we're leaving.”


Jaydan puts his arm around Doc. “Sorry pal just me and him this time, but do you mind taking this back to Aggie and slow them down a bit until,” handing him unsealed envelope so he can read it.


Doc laughed pacing slapping his knee. “Man you sure know how to brighten a person’s day.”


“What can I say Doc she said she wanted help; She just didn’t say what kind of help.”


“Nope she didn’t,” he laughed. "Then come join me the moment you have taken care of the details and we have given you. I’ll send Margaret back, straight away, with the Whitmore’s to undo what Morgan and Hess have done to all your work so the ones you did save will have a new home untouched by Morgan.” Jaydan takes his staff with a slight wave towards the shore watch’s Doc steps out as it closes.


From across the ocean as the sun rises in the east a loud scream is heard from Aggie as two wheels on both wagons seemed to be missing somehow and Doc soaking his tired feet. “Come sit join me, my dear,” he said pouring a nice cup of Joe and hands her a letter to read. “He’s, he’s what?” Aggie replied as she looked towards the ocean. “No Doc. No!”


Doc pats her on the knee as a large ball of a flash of light from off some distant shore appeared. Doc laughed as he points. “Yep time to wake the kids, we need grocery and supply’s and I need a fine pipe and some cigars and a nice soft bed to sleep a wink or two.”



* * *

 


Brad looked up with his wife at the rising sun in the wrong place taking a deep breath, “let’s go for a walk dear,” leaving his shoes by the door.


“How dear?” His wife turned to look at the ocean from her front door and all the puzzled looks on the people faces.


Brad laughs, “would you believe me if I told you?” Watching the waves roll along the shore. “The Sheriff and his friends called in a favor.”


Nathaniel and his son standing on the shore giving his wife a kiss and his boy hug with a tear in his eye.” Son, you are the Sheriff now, that makes you in charge until I come back and get you and your Granny,” his Pa replied.


Yes Pa,” Ned says with a choked voice.


Salsern and Jaydan slowly walked up along the shore where everyone is gathered. “Your Majesty this is Nathaniel and his wife Deloris, and their son Ned, and Brad the Mayor of New Downing the town we are hiding.”


Salsern nods as they begin to kneel in front of them. Jaydan whispered. “Not here boy’s,” giving the King an odd look.


“Look nobody except you knows I am gone. So right now I not a King for that purpose Jaydan has explained this I am right?” Salsern asked.


“Yes sir,” Nathaniel replied with a nod.


“Brad, do you mind if we go some more private?” Jaydan asked.


“Not at all,” Brad said as he leads them all back to his home having guards posted outside.


“What I’m about to do is in strict confidences,” Jaydan said looking at Brad and his wife as well as Ned and Granny.


“Your town will be safe that I will ensure,” Salsern replied taking his staff raises a shield encompassing the entire town and all the outskirts along the shore. “Neither Morgan nor Hess well be able to break it as long as either of us is alive,” Salsern said as he watched Nathaniel sit in a chair in Mayor's parlor with his hands behind his neck and nods to Brad and his wife. “By saying this you are now my twin brother,” taking his hand quickly, pulling him to him as Nathaniel nearly stumbles after being nearly tossed across the room from his chair.


As Jaydan waved his staff over both them repeating these words


“Within two worlds I now speak true, for brothers of blood they bind. Not with mask, not with power, they shall find equal to the eyes of men and women that bore them.


The stars collide as they shine brightly upon the dawn of Kings and Lords kneel at their feet. For they rule in realms of time of living water and give birth tonight.


Like father, like son. They do not grow apart. Honor holds them true as battle rages. They shine against the darkness and give no heed.


For they are brothers, companions, friends are they intertwine. I say hale to My Majesty, Hale to my King.”


Nathaniel's eyes glowed as his body transform matching Salsern eye too eye, face to face. A bright light burst between the two leaving them as it knocked them back split apart as two.


Brad and his wife gasp seeing them.  As they looked at each laughing at each other, Jaydan smiles as he gathers them both to their feet.  They both slap each other on the back. “Now I know what’s like to be you and me, you friend,” they say to each other.


“Ah yes, but who is who?” Brad replied puzzled on who’s who that makes them laugh even louder. Jaydan smiles, “now then Nathaniel.” Wondering himself which is who for a minute. “You’ll need a new staff to match his,” Jaydan said taking Salsern staff laying it on the ground, next to Nathaniel’s then waved his hand as Jasper said then whistle to call them to him as they twirl side by side matching each other.


Jaydan hands each their staff with a wink as they fill the new power filling them for he did not only change them, they were also reborn with new skills, as he watched their eyes glow. They both turn and look at him strangely, “you never said anything regarding new skills pal.” They each replied together in one voice… It was kinda creepy. 


Jaydan merely laughed at the new twin brothers. “You never asked my friend,” slapping them both on the back. “Now we have work to do, you have a kingdom to run,” Jaydan replied pointing to National. “And us two set out on our way. Margaret will be here soon when she receives my message then you can leave toward us.”  Jaydan paused to say goodbye for now, for them it really is never really goodbye.


“Well, it looks like we are ready my majesty, we have people that are waiting see you... Brad and thanks for these. Kollie really likes them and you dear stop giving your husband such a hard time and go play in the sun, and spend some time swimming in that big beautiful ocean outside your door,” Jaydan said.


Brads wife watching her giggle as Jaydan leans over kisses her cheek. “I told dear they would blow your mind,” Brad replied softly.


“Yes dear, now how are we going to explain it all to the town?” She asked.


Brad laughed. “Don’t sweat the small stuff, besides most of them are just like them.”


“WHAT?” She replied into shock.


Brad smiles, Jaydan laughed watching his wife yell. “Dear you got some explaining to do.”


“Yes dear,” and sighed


“I guess that’s our queue to leave my Majesty?” Jaydan nods to everyone.


Nathaniel wave’s good luck making a quick gate back to the king’s chambers and sighs watching it closes then opens the chamber door smiles at the guard standing there. “We are ready to leave my Majesty,” the guard replied kneeling before him.


“Not yet,” Nathaniel putting his fingers to his lips he too feels it, looking around the room the darkness is almost suffocating. “I’ve changed my mind,” watching the guard’s eyes carefully. “Now that they have left us, I want you and the guards ready for a spot inspection. I believe company is coming here and I don’t like surprise. “NOW MOVE IT!” And bring me fresh wine,” Nathaniel as Salsern replied.


“Yes, my majesty.”





© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another interesting chapter, as we lead into what I'm assuming/hoping is the start of the climatic battle, as we get ready for the ending. There are some more interesting ideas here, with the two characters now acting as a single unit almost it seems, and it looks like something is about to happen. Interested to see where things go from here.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

thanks for the review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep