Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 7


Riders riding hard as the evil crossed the lands, wiping village upon village what is left behind leaving them for dead, taking their very souls as they consume them. Hess angered as he rides beside his Dark Prince with Morgan in back of the group leading a small group as they diversify across the lands looking for the White Solan. Shadow warriors point to all location to where the gate opened as Jaydan slipped by them once more. “How dare you?” Hess replied slapping the leader off his horse in mid-air “fail me! This was a small group yet you could not kill them!”


“But master you said ……?” The leader of the group replied.


“I know what I said… you don’t need to repeat my words back to me you mindless fool. Those orders changed the moment that fool was with them.” Hess replied as he tossed him shattering his bones to liquid fire on the ground. “I want JAYDAN DEAD!” He screamed at them.


“Yes my King,” they replied.


Shadow rider known as Ferlin coming through, pushing hard throughout the ranks falls on his knees towards his master and king. “Forgive me, my King, I have news regarding….” Ferlin swallowed hard trying to get air to his lungs; “of the White Solan.” the words felt cold against his lips as he gathers his short and labored breaths.


Dark Prince spins around hard not daring to utter a word nor look down on the riders face. Hess slowly lifts his head. “News? What kind of news?” He asked.


“I know where he is?” The shadow rider Ferlin replied.


“You what? How?” Hess replied looked down once more upon the rider.


“I have seen him.”


Dark Prince begins to sweat as his head spun around to face the rider Ferlin then at his master.


“Well, I am waiting!” Hess growled grabbing him by his neck. “It’s the boy Prince,” Ferlin taking a hard swallow gasped for air.


“Which one?” Hess asked screaming at him.


The shadow rider Ferlin points to the Dark Prince. “It is him, my Lord, I have seen his face.” Shadow King dropped him looked back at the Dark Prince then back at the shadow rider Ferlin.


“You lie? Where did you see his face?” Dark Prince replied picking him up?” Gripping his throat to point he could not breathe.


“The Queen of the Living Water… Lady Gwin, my Prince.” His words strangled….as he tries to get out the words as he gasped for air.


“He lies my Lord for I have not left your side so it could not be me.” The Dark prince replied in hopes he can still contain the lie and for his very life.


“Yes, I know my Prince, “curious?” Hess said thinking of the prophecy. Shadow King paused and paces before the Shadow rider Ferlin. “Are you sure it was his face?” Hess asked as he points to his Dark Prince.


“Yes my lord I have no doubt, even though he was a still boy, in fact, he looked exactly like the Dark Prince did when he was brought to Morgan and before he grew into adulthood when he came into his power.


“Then perhaps you can explain to me how he manages to live in that realm. Then explain to me how?” Hess asked as he looked towards the Dark Prince and points his bony finger towards him. “How he has not left mine or Morgan side and transformed back into this small weakling of a boy.”


Picking him back up, “for if you can’t tell me, you will surely die for you are a traitor to us all,” Hess picking him up by his throat. "Because far as I know, Jim and Linda Stuart never had twin boys that look exactly the same. For Morgan, I have watched that family from the moment the children were born.


“Until Morgan came for the boy prince, when was no longer a screaming little whelp in swaddling clothes, and ever since then has never left his or my side. So explain to me how this is possible. Or die, and this time, you will not be coming back, you will wink out of existence as if you have never been born.”


Shadow rider Ferlin gasped with hands round’s his throat. “Because my king she said he is her son of noble birth. There must be a twin; I have never in my entire life seen two people that looked so exactly alike right on down to their very scares.” The rider gasped hard.


“For I saw his body and his face as she stroked and kissed his cheek with a mothers care. Yet he without a doubt looks like the Dark Prince as his younger self.” He said as he shook with fear.


Hess spins hard. “Show me this or die where you stand; for nothing in the prophecy states this. Two can not share the same body and no spirit can live without one and remain among the living,” He said. The Shadow rider Ferlin waved his staff, showing what he saw before he died. EJ lying in a bed, Lady Gwin protecting the boy then kills the Shadow rider Ferlin.


Dark Prince swallowed hard when saw his other self trying not to give him away. “Lies, all lies my Master for how can it be, looks at me, and am I not the Dark Prince? Have you not changed my destiny?” He asked now getting desperate as he pleads.


“I know, I know,” Hess growled as he once more looks at the Shadow rider Ferlin and back at Morgan. "Yet if the images are true, someone has answered the riddle, and has found a way to bring back another part of you, from different time and place, I need answers and seems we must, seek them out, and decide if this is just a trick to slow us down or we failed to in answering the riddle the prophecy has given us if we are to find the 5 Keys of Destiny and the items they are tied so we may open each of the chamber doors. And become gods so we may rewrite the fabric of time ourselves. Plunged the cursed light into the shadow where it belongs so we may rule over everything as Gods."


Morgan looked down at the Shadow rider Ferlin. “No. This worm lies Master, we would have of known long by know, the prophecy would have shown it. You have searched and waited for centuries for things to come to pass. It’s a trick to slow us down as you have said, I am sure of it. Kill Ferlin, and be done with it and let us move on a head as planned.”


Hess paced as he glanced over at Morgan and the Prince then back at the Shadow rider Ferlin.


“Apparently we indeed missed something… Either he is lying or someone has found a way to restore the mantle of the White Solan and if that has indeed happened then this one needs to die.” Hess replied pointing to the image frozen in time.


“Morgan you have another shot to gain my favor,” glancing up at the Dark Prince. “Take some of the armies with you and finish what you started in New Downing, spare no one. “You” pointed to the Shadow rider Ferlin. “Take two hundred members and gather more along the way and go to Zueqinten.


“I will take a small portion which I will pick personally to ride with me and The Dark Price to this Lady of Living water and kill this look alike child once and for all. Providing he is the White Solan, and the council of light has managed to reach into a parallel universe and pull the child who is destined to be the Dark Prince and change back his Destiny so the White Solan may live and the Mantle of the Dark Prince will blink out of existence, and unable to rise,” Hess growled regarding the delays.


“We can not let this White Solan reach his potential. If we are to gain the prize and rule the worlds and he better be there just as you said or you will surely die, Ferlin for wasting valuable time, which we don’t have if we are to gain the keys of Destiny now that Dark Prince as risen and come into his full power.” Hess replied pointing to the Shadow rider Ferlin.


Hess turned hard grabbing Morgan, “Morgan do not fail me without them being dead, for my anger will unleash a torment on you like you have never seen., most of all now that Guardians realm of light has fallen, find him and bring him to me, so he may bestow on me the Stone Glass Heart, so we may fill it, and find the first key so I may regain my true form once more. Instead of decaying flesh that cannot hold my spirit self for long, while outside that cursed prison they put me in, to in hopes I will never be free to walk the lands as I please as one of the Gods, to rule over them, as it should be."


“Yes, my master.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A pretty interesting chapter catching us up with the villains of this plot. It was interesting to see some of the characters bounce off each other once again, but there were so many repeating elements I almost forgot which character I was following. It seemed to follow a pattern of:
"I know something"
"Prove it or you die"
"I can prove it"
"He's lying"
"Ok, prove he's lying or you die".
And it seemed to bounce back and forth with the same dialogue and general interaction, it felt like while having good interactions, it was a lot of the same exact interaction. It does seem like things are about to come to a head though. I'll see where this goes.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the review I will do better.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep