Chapter 11-2

Chapter 11-2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 11-2


The winds howled on Dark Isles of Sybril shores, Morgan walking down the outline rock cliff stairs, his long black coat rippled in the wind like hundred hungry rabid bats, with red lining seen as fierce eyes of blood as he moved down the staircase. He was not in the mood for more disappointment or failer as his jaw and eyes harden like steel upon its attended victim.


A woman shouts coming towards him from a cavern of black waters from bellow his fortress. “You lied to me, Morgan!” She screamed with blood running down her arm and missing fingers. “You lied to me about the boy prince Morgan!” She shouted as she shakes a nub of a finger where the ring now missing at him. “He is not the boy you thought he was in hiding!” She shouted. 


Morgan raised one hand stilling her as it bound her in silence. She could not speak or move as he yelled. “ SILENCE!” His eyes red hot crystals, his jaws creaked when he clenched his teeth.  “ How dare you raise your voice to me you worthless belly of a worm.” He said as his eyes narrowed taking her all in for the first time in a long time.


He took a long drawn finger tracing the edges of her face with a sharp edge of his fingernail. He scales her slim dazzling green features with his wanting eyes, knowing if he wanted he could have his way with her and would be his pleasure, not hers that he is sure of. Yet he wonders. Oh yes, he wonders given time would she love him? "No. This is not the time for things like love and its many ploys. What a shame, perhaps after, yes after I have become king of all living of all the worlds. Then perhaps I might have time and much more. Yes After." Morgan mind quickly snapping back as his eyes met with hers, he snarls.


“I figured as much my dear Queen Katona of the Black Isles of Graydon, but I did not think you could be outwitted so easily by a boy of Quartz. Not even a boy yet of coronation age. Yet it seems I was wrong, not only wrong about the boy, but I was wrong thinking you could handle such an easy task as to killing the entire Water kingdom of living water itself.” He replied in a calm stern voice as he turned slight around not facing her then turned on a dime.


Queen Katona a youthful woman of slender beauty that most men find very alluring her eye deep sea blue and rose poisoned lips and long black silky black hair did wonders as it set off her tiny frame of a figure of short slender legs and arms that could strangle the life out of you in a second. She wore a black seaweed gown that hung over her milky white shoulders that hung clear down to her knees.  Her voice was smooth as velvet which could charm a snake if so desired. Or any man for that matter.


However, it bothered Morgan, considering, the shadow rider Ferlin was certain, and the images were not faked. Then there were the reports that Whitmore and the Downing’s had been seen along the shores, and in the towns boarding it. Even his father Glen and his Mother Melee Tremens have been seen frequently and have been told staying with, on Jasper's estates a member of the Council of Light, another thorn in his side for more centuries then he cares to count.  Every single person he is looking for is on that godforsaken realm.


So the most logical solution is the White Solan and this boy they have stolen from some parallel universe, hoping to take the mantel of the Dark Prince, he and his master Hess has been grooming the moment the child himself was born; the legitimate heir to the throne, the one person that was born for one single person?


Too find the 5 Keys of Destiny and the items that are tied to them, the only ones that can or either the White Solan and the Dark Prince, however, Jeff held the mantel of the white Solan, and without a physical body, and his soul and his spirit trapped in between the fabric of time itself. The mantle cannot be placed on their decedent, so the logical choice is that old pathetic fools of the Council of Light have found a parallel universe.


And that he himself and his masters Hess were unable, locate the boy, and been told he had died at childbirth. There were five others, but he with his master Hess help, he killed both sets of parents in each of the parallel universes, before they were able too to have a single offspring. So the “True Heir” to become the Dark Prince the prophecy foretold, would be the boy they have now, and the White Solan would never rise, as long as Jeff was never born, or his spirit and soul was trapped in the fabric of time forever.


Which meant, someone, either lied about the boy dying in childbirth or hidden him away where neither he nor Hess could detect him or those that are loyal to them, or some God is interfering with their plans.


In either case, without proof that image of the boy he saw, is either the boy, from the parallel universe or a real decadent of Lady Gwin’s, who is her only son and heir to the throne of all the living water. The image was false, an image created by Lady Gwin to derail them from discovering where or who the White Solan is, or an impostor that could become the Dark Prince and remove the mantel and change Destiny itself.


In any case, if either is true. Both boys need to die and they need to make sure Jeff spirit remains beyond their reach, too do that though Hess is the only one that can do that, but not without the first key of Destiny to that will allow him to take a permanent form of flesh and bone, or he can not withstand the magic needed to do so, or cross over without winking him out of existence.


But before any of that can happen, and if their research is correct. That somewhere or someone in that realm contains the knowledge of the mother's tears. The glass stone is useless without it… and without both the stone and the tears bestowed onto the stone, the first Key will not revile itself."We need that key, we need all the keys if we are to become Gods and rewrite the fabric of time; where the shadow lives and the light of mankind is eliminated once and for all.


"Allowing us to be gods and rulers of all, and most importantly we need to do it before, the Council of Light and their bungling fools do it… allowing them to reset Destiny. Undoing countless centuries of our handiwork, for there will not be another Dark Prince, for another 300 hundred millennia. By that time he himself will be dead and gone and forgotten. He’d be lucky to live another 4 or 5 centuries, putting him over 6000, years old."


The oldest wizard alive according to archive recorders was, just over 2000 years old. The last known wizard who they were told could hold that mantle, was able to heal worlds and had the ability to Terra-forming entire planets, the very stars, and cosmos themselves.


"Apparently that mantle has been passed down to the Whitmore’s, however, they have yet to discover their true abilities, as of yet only using a small fraction of their power. Or they would be able to stop the rip he and Hess have created into the fabric of time itself.


"No… he needed those keys, and he needs to make sure, that boy from the parallel universe doesn’t exist. Most importantly kill all those that stand to gain the prize; they have worked so hard for." He growls angrily looking down Katona for failing in a simple of simplest tasks to kill the entire royal family and discover if it truly is the boy that could undo everything.


Morgan shouts. “After I had given you the tools and the knowledge on how to destroy them all in the first place! And you have the nerve to come back here graveling at me for my favor!”


Queen Katona shaken, but not quite stirred as the anger builds hot thinking of her children lying severely hurt; one not sure if he even going too live after rescuing him from the dungeon cells before they sealed her passageway. “What does he mean I didn’t try to kill them all? The queen should have been dead with the last dose of poison I gave her and her father. My son had nearly finished him off.


“He was on his death bed to the point he could not leave his own castle under the 
Quartz Sea and would die within days. Yet her spies tell told her that he has been healed by someone called Doctor Hatfield a friend of Jayden's, she had the information checked.


Morgan stated it was false because the only doctor he knows by that name lives in a mortal world across the stars, Even so, the King has yet to leave the confines of his palace as he is organizing men to join his daughter, for her son's coronation.


Its still not too late stop him, this time a quick jab through the heart with Darzzee Blade, which she has, but, Morgan refused her to use, because he wanted him to suffer, he wanted him to die slowly and painfully, and everyone would know the moment a Darzzee blade killed him, and getting in, to the realm without help alone without her ring, to transform, neither her or her children can reach him. She needed to kill that child prince and take back her ring.


“How could I have failed? When there was no cure. Doctor Hatfield can’t not enter her realm without the King himself giving him his living water, not even her daughters can do so, it must come from him or they die.


“The boy prince was just lucky, but that could change with two against one, he would have died like the rest and with a little help of the poison… I need too return and prove myself worthy or be left to die, un-revenge, and childless…


“Perhaps the rumors or true, the one prophesy of the mantle of the healer has been restored. If so, perhaps he could heal me, and my children. We could live again… what I would give for that… Banishment to a new world would be far greater gift then what Morgan has offered me thus far. This quest they are on is a fool’s errand, The Five Keys of Destiny or nothing but a myth.” 


Queen Katona feeling the magical bonds loosens around her arms around her calms her voice in a sing-song manner like a siren of such as her mother once was. Slowly outlines Morgan’s face with her fingertips. With each touch pulsating a little a magical charge of pleasure that can make a man fall in love with her if she so chooses it. Yet right now it was more too keep her alive and in control of power in which this man in front of her holds.


It’s been over a thousand years since she had a man in her kingdom at her side, a dismissive man at her beck and call. Perhaps, yes perhaps it’s time for another as she looked at the man named Morgan his regale chin and ruby eyes. Oh how they sparkle, his slender body gives her chills. But what good would do her to have a man, when she nor her people can no longer bear children.


They had been cursed, by the King himself when they banished her and her people. That they will never have children again, as long as they live in the shadows of light. Or until he forgives them, for betraying them, yet they she’ll live until time has forgotten for what they have done.


Her mind wonders thinking of the impossible lovemaking; she could have with this handsome rugged man, as she snaps back with a simple slap across his face as she giggles as he quickly takes her hands with a snarl. “Oh contrar’ my Lord Morgan,” she said with a slight giggle as he slowly released her hand.


“Perhaps I slightly misjudge my opponent, but yet does not help matters if they had outside help as these people whom I have never seen the likes of in over eons ago and have heard only in folk tales among my people.” Queen Katona replied with a simple wave of the hand. Showing images of the Whitmore’s coming to the rescue upon the shores of her underwater village before she could rescue her son.


Morgan faces angered seeing their faces watching them heal her son as they take him away, nods as his eyes meet. “Still my dearest Queen, you still failed with the boy and the King of all living water, for he still lives, according to my spies within his realm upon the Quratsa Sea where he rules over all the waters, far and wide across the cosmos and in every universe and realm, upon every living and non living planet.


“How do you explain yourself? For I see no Whitmore fallacy among them,” He replied keeping his voice tempered, but curiously on task trying to figure way around the Whitmore problem.


“We, as to that,” she hummed tracing his arm with her fingers and long his strong chest. “My son mentioned a strange Doctor traveling with Jaydan by the name of Hatfield and a man called Wells if I recall. He has been traveling among the lands curing people of the sickness that you have laid a curse upon their lands. In hopes to enslave the people to come to you so they might serve them if you but save their pathetic lives,” she replied about to tell him more watching his face anger.


“Hatfield, Wells!” He shouted, “How?” He replied his temper reaching the boiling point. The ground shook as the red rock mountains trembled. Ash and dust filled the air as did his anger boils like a kettle of fire as he screams the names in the air. “Hatfield! Wells!” He shouted… his eyes red hot with anger.


Queen Katona smiles knowing she has found the right button to take the heat off her as she watched him simmer. She calmly waits for him to calm sitting at the waters edge planning her next move as Morgan paced the stony hard ground.


Morgan quickly clenching his fist until blood springs forth from squeezing so hard then wipes the blood onto his coat without care stands over Queen Katona watching the black waters. “I take it you have a plan to deal with our little problem,” he asks trying to keep his voice calm.  For he too knows she caries as much power as he does in the world of shadow magic; for the time being anyway as he snarls thinking how alike they actually are if not equal.


“Yes, I very well might have a plan; providing you are willing to disobey your Master Hess?” She asked as if it meant nothing. After all, she knew he was on very hard terms with him. Especially when he found out that he failed at is last mission in destroying New Downing.


Yet instead he had been captured and placed in the Cross Bone Gate Prison beyond the gates of hell only too escaped nearly with his life in wounding a new being such as a Tree Guardian coming into a new age.


Hess and the Dark Prince loosening the bonds enough for him to escape, but now they have two more enemies add to their list before Morgan can rule the worlds and she plans to rule at his side, not the Dark Prince. She will have to deal with him when the time comes. Or make a treaty with the Whitmore’s and find a way to get the King of living water to forgiver her and her people, by doing so lifting the curse, he has placed upon her and her people.


Morgan paced than stares back at the black waters and sighs. “What choice do I have? I have already failed at my task. Perhaps taking down this obstacle in our path will prove me worthy and Hess will find my efforts redeemable.


“If we can discover the truth regarding the boy, and removing him before he comes of age to reclaim the mantle that has been bestowed onto the Dark Prince.


“Or if the boy is only a false image created to fool us in trapping us. if we can solve the riddle of the glass stone heart and locate the first key of Destiny he would find me worthy once more to share his power.”


Queen Katona smiles as she turns her head towards him and looks up at him. “Remember it was you Morgan that unlocked his cell in the first place. You need no other master, but yourself too rule and find those 5 key yourself providing they exist at all.


“The sooner you face him and put the monster back into its cage where it belongs if you are to rule the worlds my darling. Just remember what you promised me, my sweet love.” Queen Katona reaching up taking his hand sending a pulsating charge through his body to make him quiver.


She knew if she wanted him she could have him whether if he did or not and mostly not did not matter. "Could I make him love me? She asked herself. No. There is no time for such foolishness and things like that…what a shame, yes what a shame as she scales her eyes over his slender hard body and sighs."


Morgan knew she was right, however without knowing for sure if it is the boy, or if Jeff is still trapped behind the looking glass, he couldn’t act, he couldn’t afford to be wrong so he just smiles, keeping his plans to himself… One thing is certain he and she was going to have to make a public appearance at the boy’s coronation. He hated parties, he hated mingling with common folks and their little none essentials celebrations. He gave heavy sigh… and said… “Time to put on your best party dress, my dark little Queen....”



 



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again, I know you said that this is a part of a much longer series of books, but it feels like we are still explaining and describing things getting closer to the end instead of something happening. The characters aren't interacting with anything, they're just explaining things. There are some good lore bits and pieces there, but I the information is told to us, we don't get to experience it I personally feel like. And some images I felt like were just glossed over and then we cut back to more talking. I've said previously: we are getting closer to the ending of this book. Even though it is just one part of a greater whole, I feel like it needs a conclusion. It needs something to put the story on pause until the next part is completed. This is just adding more and more characters and lore that will probably play more pivotal roles in future books, but for right now, add nothing to the story outside of what I can only call padding. Perhaps you'll turn it around and have these characters play a pivotal role in these last few chapters, but for right now? I feel like I'm reading the expanded universe add-on rather than a continuation. Part of me feel like it's because I haven't read the other parts before reading this part, but another part of me feels like I'm waiting for something to happen and it's just more talking.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2019
Last Updated on January 28, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep