Facing The Monsters part 2

Facing The Monsters part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 58-1

Facing The Monsters

Part 2

 


Even though I had to spend little over 48 hours in the hospital ensure that my injuries didn’t get infected, but mostly Mom and Dad wanted to make sure that I didn’t develop a high fever or had storm class episode like the last time I had come face to face with my parents. I was cool with that. I didn’t even put up a fuss when I saw the nurse come in to draw my blood. Well maybe a small one, but they knew from experience to expect a fight or simply sedate me before they went to work on me. The watch was hanging by a thread and mostly ruined. It was still was blinking stating I needed help even though it didn’t register a signal. Dad sighed and just cut it off said he would send the bill to my parents. I smiled as he placed into his pocket so they could patch me up.


Mom nearly had a heart attack when she saw me completely naked behind a curtain for my privacy covered in blood from head to toe, but she was also proud as punch, hugging the stuffing out of me. Turning me comply around so she could see every scratch, bruise and the seven stripes. It didn’t matter that I smelled rank from the water in the ditch or I was absolutely filthy as if I had rolled in the mud mixed in with the blood and clumps of dirt and weeds in my hair.


Dad simply said. “My little Tiger was the ferrous tiger he had ever seen.” Telling Mom how by the time they got there. My parents knew they messed with the wrong boy. Stating with the biggest grin on his face, how they had to be carried away on a stretcher as I simply walked away.  Dad didn’t complain about the blood that would never come out of his clothes. Mom didn’t either, they were just happy I was just alive. I simply closed my eyes and laid down on the gurney stating I was ready for a long nap. I barely even felt the needle of the IV go in, just took deep breaths and relaxed letting them sedate me and Mom placing a warm blanket on me and kissed me on my filthy cheek.


When I woke up hours later; Shane had made himself comfortable in the bed next to me stripped down to his boxers; watching TV with an orange soda in one hand and a big bag of chips in the other.  Dad was in the hall speaking with the doctor and my grandmother. Shane said. “Bro, you stink like something that crawled up and died.” I laughed then groaned feeling every cut, stitch, and bruises. They had washed the biggest share of the blood and dirt off me, but Shane was right I did stink, and I was good with that too.


Grandma and Dad must have heard us as they came in with my brother right behind him. Aaron leaped on to the bed and hugged me said: “Pee-u, you stink worse than me.” All it did was make me and Shane laugh even harder.


Dad took a seat next to me then slid closer to Shane because I really did stink. Asking “who’s winning,” opening a can of soda and took off his shoes and socks stretched out his long legs while the nurse rolled in the roll-away bed.


Dad told Grandma “he’s all yours, but please save some hot water for me.” I grinned from ear to ear letting grandma walk me to the tub with my best friend Mr. IV. The nurse asked if I would like a gown and I simply growled and walked across the room the rest of the way. Shane stating that I really do have a cute butt and Dad seconded it giving Shane a fist bumps. Grandma slapped it gently stating that it was all hers.


When I was satisfactory clean, Mom came in helped me on with my boxers, while grandma finished drying my hair. I grinned for ear to ear seeing the brown dark water and the ring around the tub. Mom gave me several kisses telling me once more how proud she was and that she loved me. I hugged her back kissed her cheek. Saying I loved her too. Some monster you can hate, but you can also love the same monster too. She didn’t complain regarding my clothes that I left lying in an empty field. Clothes can be replaced, people can’t, especially the ones that you love. They will never be the Downing’s, but for now, they were the closest thing I could have as parents that sometimes love you and other times they won’t. It’s better to have some love then none at all.


It wasn’t the last time we heard from my parents when my new caseworker number 7. The one that I remember most was Mr. Eliot Evens. When he arrived at the hospital handing a summons to report to Family Court in two weeks; my parents had brought up charges against me and the Rothwell’s in the sum of 250,000 dollars; for pain and suffering and medical expenses and charging me for indecent exposure and them unlawful monitoring of a minor without their consent. After finding out that the Rothwell’s had placed a monitoring device on me to track my whereabouts. That alerted the police and him to come to my rescue, and other trumped-up charges. Dad simply ripped it up said, “in their dreams.” Called in his own lawyer to represent me and the family.


I had learned that after the incident of the home visit that my last caseworker was fired for miss-representation of a minor, providing drugs without an authorized prescription and consent from the Rothwell’s and my doctor. I wish I could say I felt sorry about Mr. Ding Bat, but I don’t.


Mr. Evens was top drawer when came to social services. He reminded me of J. Wellington Wimpy, generally referred to as Wimpy, is one of the characters in the long-running comic strip Popeye simply put the guy that loved hamburgers. With three strands of black hair sticking at the top of his head and round oval head and round body matching his short round body in a three-piece suit; dark brown eyes with long thick eyebrows and handlebar mustache, a very likable and book smart person.


Aaron was sent to live with my grandmother and my Aunt Lizzy. My sisters were split up sent to other relatives in another state; until Family Court could decide what to do about my parents. Without wittiness and very little proof regarding the fight, or the injuries on both me and Aaron and them; the police at the scene of the so-called fight found the knife, rope and the cattle prod with both their fingerprints on it.


The clothing was tagged as evidence containing both my parents DNA by their own blood, confirming they had stripped me causing me to therefore to be indecent by their own hands, no other wittiness came forward to prove that it was indeed indecent exposure so the Judge dismissed it. Stating they were my parents, it didn’t count being naked in front of them.


All the charges were dropped against me and the Rothwell’s, but in my parent's eyes I was a force to be reckoned with, and I knew sooner or later they would seek revenge and rematch. I was released Monday afternoon with a total of 10 stitches, everything else was superficial. Compared to the long list of injuries of my parents; it was almost laughable in comparison. Personally, Dad and I thought they completely deserved it and more.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 10, 2019
Last Updated on February 1, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep