Trouble Always Finds Me  Part 2

Trouble Always Finds Me Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 151-1

Trouble Always Finds Me

Part 2

 


We were divided into groups with one of the five army hulks. In fact, the same hulks that had worked us hard during the Ring of Justice Tournament. Just our luck, but then again I couldn’t think of anyone better that would keep us out of harm's way. I didn’t ask how much Stringum was paying them or what was in it for them, mostly because it was none of my business, and if he was. I would soon learn about it when I discovered the bill.


Jake and Adam said as he groaned when they recognized them; said. “Please tell me you not going to watch us do our business.” 


Having our hulk pat him on his bottom said. “If I have to change your diaper I will do it and put talcum-powder on your butt and put you over my shoulder and burp you and wipe your nose then make you do 50 laps and 150 push-ups for making me do it.” Neither of us didn’t know if he was teasing, I had a feeling he wasn’t and most likely enjoy it just to torture us.


We were told to call him Biff. I know a strange name, but I wasn't about telling a guy bigger then Dad and my Pa that, knowing he could squash me like a bug if really wanted too. His friends call him the human lawnmower because how he runs you over and spits you out like shards of grass, and somehow I believed he would give the incredible hulk nightmares, and there was no way I was going to become his next meal.


So we said yes sir with a smile and got on the bus and took my seat like a good little soldier. We were told the reason why we were dressed in army fatigues was so they could identify us in a hurry among thousands of students. We were told if anyone asks that we signed up for a special training program to improve or skills, considering most of us were in several after-school events it made the lie believable that we were new recruits.


It helped to spread the lie when Biff walked in and stood before the class with an outline of some sort of training guide and what we would be going through over the next few weeks providing we lived through it as he said it he gave me the creeps when he smiled. In reality, it was totally horse s**t, yet very believable, because they had seen us with theses hulks training for the match. Biff took a seat at the teacher’s desks placing his feet on it and made himself comfortable as he eyed the teacher and us. Leaving the other hulks outside patrolling the school or whatever they needed to do that made it seem normal.


As we worked on class assignments Biff would talk to the teacher as he or she pointed to the students, the class clowns, and the bullies. I personally got all warm and fuzzy when one of them blew a spit wad at me who used to be one of Shawn’s friends, causing the Biff to take notice. As I watched him stand up and pace the room while the teacher taught class, my eyes followed Biff and watched him lean down whispered something in the kid’s ear and watching his face go totally white placing his hands over his privates.


Biff went back pacing the room until he found a new seat and watched the room and the bullies from the back of the room. Once more my friends and I including Jake turned in our week’s worth of homework giving the teacher a heart-attack because not only was Jake's homework done it was typed just like mine as well as my three friends Ron, Charlie and Stan; plus the girls we were with over the weekend, while the rest of the class looked at us as if we had committed a crime.


It was no surprises when it came to Adams Dad when I turned in our work and our papers because he knew we had worked on them during the weekend. Yet it didn’t stop him from telling the class that I, Jake and Adam were the first ones to turn in our book reports on a list of books that we were supposed to read worth 35% of our grade. Not only were they turned in they were typed, causing the cough of brown nosier echoing the room.


I consider Tuesday and Thursday are my light days because I had social Studies, History, Gym, and Institute. Most people struggle when it comes to history but I excel at it. I learned a long time ago that classes like these its always good to get ahead that was why I always turned in a week's worth of homework so I could use that time to study for the tests and devote my time on my papers. It had only been two weeks since school started and I was already head. In spite of my free passes that I was given which I used only when I needed to not because I had too. I felt proud of that fact, knowing I didn’t waste my time in school knowing it would help me later on in college.


Unlike my sisters or even my brother I took my school education seriously, some say too seriously. I knew what I wanted and how to get it. I didn’t care about high school politics or popularity contest; I was there to get an education to prepare me for my life. I ignored the parties I was invited too, I ignored everything that wouldn’t get me too where I was going. Well, mostly I did except when it came to girls and sex.


In the years to come, I regretted that decision because I had thought I had everything I needed and that was always working on my career goals. Yet there was one thing I couldn’t ignore and that was two more bras and two more pairs of panties with their names and phone numbers on them; which I had discovered when I went to my school locker to drop off my books and go to lunch.


However, I felt like the world was staring at us as we all took our seats while our bodyguards took the nearest table next to us and still give us our privacy. Creepy, very creepy having them watch you and every move you make. Like Biff and his fellow hulks said they wouldn’t interfere in a fight unless we were getting our butts handed to us. Watching some of Shawn’s old palls come up to our table and start messing with us by knocking over our trays or swiping food off them… anything to get us worked up. Jake was easily riled as I quickly pulled him down telling him they aren’t worth it. He growled angrily wanting to rip their heads off.


I knew one more fight or one wrong move Jake would be history, so I stood up and said. “You and me in the ring during gym class; providing you think you are man enough to take me you punk in fact I will take each of you on providing you even show up.”


The boys quickly said. “Oooh, I am so scared,” laughing at us. Biff stood up and cracked his neck and muscles as I watched the boys back away from the table hearing them yell. “Your a*s is mine and I am going to wipe it clean off the mat this time, wimp.”


I got up and got a new tray and finished my lunch. Jake told me he could have handled it.


I shrugged my shoulders and said. “They don’t matter. Besides you really think they can take me?”


Jake smiled and said. “It's not you I am worried about. It’s what happens afterwards.” He had a point, but for the moment I didn’t care. I guess I should have knowing what would take place.


I cringed when Biff came over and slapped the back of my head and said. “Are you trying to get yourself killed boy? You better pray that I don’t kick your a*s if you lose. It would have been better if you kept your mouth shut and let them carry on like a bunch of fools.” I knew he was right being hindsight is 20/20. Knowing I had just become the new school bully. Man, I needed to get my s**t together or I was going to end up like my father always looking for a fight.


Coach knew what had happened before I even made it to gym class. He let me know it the moment I walked in the gym ordering me to the corner for a private conversation. He was disappointed in me as he told me all the things I could have done differently. Yet he realized I had a score to settle or I would look like a coward for backing out of a fight and he knew my friends and I could take care of ourselves. The kid chose how he wanted to beat me and my three friends Jake, Adam, and Ron.


My challengers knew I could wrestle, they knew I was in gymnastics and was on the swim team and kickboxing, but most of all they knew I haven’t competed in a while. Which gave them the edge, so they thought thinking because I didn’t compete anymore meant I was weakest person on the team; which was their biggest mistake. Wrestling was out of the question because they knew personally I could kick their a*s and not break a sweat.


Because it was me challenging to them it was up to them to choose which sport we would compete in. My friends wanted in on the action stating friends stick together causing the boys that challenge us they smiled even more because it was just what they wanted. However, they didn’t know anything about Adam other than the fact he could wrestle being new here. It was Jake and I they were concerned about; because like me he held the top scores in nearly everything he had competed in. My other two friends Ron and Charlie were not a threat so they thought… So they were more than pleased about them getting their butts kicked. Like most people, they underestimate the underdog.


They argued back and forth mentioning Shawn’s name that my worst was swimming and had learned I was dropping out of that one and possible kickboxing so I could make room for wrestling. How they learned that was unclear considering I hadn’t even informed the teachers of that. In fact, I was told not to drop out of any of my sporting advents by Mr. Stringum; giving the advice that this time in my life they were my bread and butter speech that would make me into a man.


Work was work and I should learn that work should never control my life. I hate to say that was a lesson I didn’t learn and I should have deep down I knew he was right, but I still didn’t know how to balance my life with work. Sure I had employees to help carry the load, yet I still hadn’t learned anything in regards to delegation. Stringum told me if I quit because of work he’d tan my hide and fire me. I knew he was serious.


Coach quietly asked if they made a decision on which advent they were going to challenge me in. they took a vote on swimming and kickboxing. Swimming won by two votes. I knew I was in trouble because the boys that had chosen that were on my swim team and they held the top scores. Coach said fine but he gets to choose the handicap meaning what the challenge would be. Boys were smug and shrugged their shoulders thinking they could beat me regardless.


The challenge was 10 laps, the five with the best times wins, and then he smiled as he gave the handicap. 5 of those laps would be with weights. We all groaned the moment he said it. He quickly said. “Any of you willing to back out now’s your chance, but it will cost you one paper typed on sportsmanship, which the losers will have to do plus 20 hours of community service of my choice for picking a fight in the first place. I am very disappointed in you boys for not settling your disagreements last time like we had thought during our little tournament. Yet I can see that we are going to have nothing but challenges until you all get along.”


Having them grumble. “That’s not going to happen with a bunch of devil worshiping freaks.” Coach warned me and my friends not to say anything unless we wanted to add to our punishment. Knowing how and where he could inflict it upon us. In fact, he said as much in not so many words, at least not where the walls had eyes and ears. Instead, he made us all run 20 laps with our hulk buddies tossed us medicine balls. While he sees if the pool was available.


Laps were easy or use to be until you had to run up and down the gym tossing medicine balls back and forth as you try not to trip over your feet or the person next to you. Where do they get these torture ideas and why do they think they have the right to inflict them upon us?


Coach came back as we quickly took a bench huffing and puffing. He smiled and said “Ladies you are in for a nice treat. The pool is free and has just been filled with nice clean and cool water. I hope you like catching hypothermia because I am going to enjoy watching you boys turn blue.”


I groaned because I knew how cold it would be because it takes two days for the pool to reach the popper temperature after it has been drained cleaned and refilled which they do over the Labor Day weekend and over Christmas break, and again right before summer. I could already feel my muscles aching from the cold water, but the challenge had been issued. I knew it was better than having a real fight in the schoolyard, but this was insane. Not once have I ever gone to a school having gym class be such torture devised for school bullies.


True I wasn’t that kid anymore where I would get my a*s kicked at school only to turn around and get my a*s kicked by my parents and it wasn’t for fighting at school it was because they knew they could and get away with it. I was a lean mean fighting machine, compared to now where I am just a broken down old man. If I had three wishes it would be to look and feel as I did as I was at 16 forever, seconded I wish for a trillion dollars tax-free and third brains of a genius. Know of any genies? Hell, I might even sell my soul for those wishes.


One thing about Gym clothes they were easy to go from one sport to the next. Swimming was something I used to be ashamed of because it involved taking off my shirt as well as my shoes and socks. Something my father calls immoral and because it was a sport that required you do so it needed to be band. Now I had lost the shyness completely and didn’t hesitate to do so at the sides of the pool with the other boys that were challenging me and my friends.


I, however, apologized to them watching them shrug their shoulders telling me if I hadn’t they would have being as we were best friends for life so we thought back then. I had to say we did look good without our shirts, seeing the soft tan skin underneath and knowing it was a complete tan, meaning there were no tan lines. My tan had faded a little since summer, but I still looked good. The girls liked it and that was all that mattered as we watched them smile at us.


I watched them place a note under my towel right before I jumped in when Coach blew the whistle. The first five laps where without the handicap. Coach never did anything half-way he included everyone in class to participate, even though they weren’t being challenged. Gym class was still Gym class.


The first five laps were easy. I only stayed head just enough not to be behind as my challengers gave it all they got. I knew better then give it at all I got right at the beginning. 10 laps was ten laps it was those last five that would slow us all down and make us earn that win. Coach was looking for the best 5 scores to be the winners out of the 8 of us that were competing. Which meant three of us would be doing papers and 20 hours of community services. I knew I needed to be in one of those five spots because I had already a full plate as it was. Man, I wish I kept my mouth shut because the water was ice cold, but it was nothing I hadn’t done before as I swam my little heart out.


It seemed like a lifetime once the weights had been added to our arms and ankles. My muscles burned and I soon forgot how cold the water was as I pushed myself to keep going. Listening to the other boys rooting for us to win. Jake surprised me and so did Adam taking the first two spots, I took the fourth spot with Ron taking the third and Charlie taking number five by two minutes of the boys that were challenging us, yelling that we must have cheated somehow. 


The question was how did we cheat? 
When everyone one of us swam the same laps together, we all wore the weights on the last five laps, we all started at the same time. It became a moot point. Causing coach to settle it telling them they picked the advent and we beat them fair and square. Next time they better pick a sport where I didn’t excel in or think I wouldn’t.


Jake and Adam were pulled to the side as the rest of us went inside to shower and change. A fight broke out as the boys circled me, Ron and Charlie. They had forgotten all about our bodyguards, but by that time they were in knee deep in bloody nose’s and fat lips and a couple of black eyes when our bodyguards broke up the fight. They didn’t hurry by any means after noticing me and my friends were giving a hell of an a*s kicking and they had yet lay finger on us, well not enough to hurt us any. It was said we had all slipped in the shower due to all the soap on the floor. Not even our bodyguards said who started the fight, but I knew we would catch hell for it later. More so if I was late for my next class knowing Mom and Dad wouldn’t be forgiving regardless if was institute.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on May 22, 2019
Last Updated on February 9, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep