Fighting For Your Life  Part 2

Fighting For Your Life Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 281-1

Fighting For Your Life

Part 2

 


I left the room closing the door so Stringum could do what Stringum does best which was wheel and deal to make our lives easier, so we thought anyway. We all trusted Stringum with our lives. I know I did and had lost count how many times he was there for me the moment my parents had decided to move to Santaquin before I met the Downing’s he had was the closest thing I had as a father figure. Was it a chance meeting, or was it fate. I had feeling it was a little bit of both or some divine intervention. Jeff had never confirmed it and personally, I didn’t really care. I owed the man my life and would do anything he asked me too.


My mother found me in my room doing some light reading. I was reading the Hobbit for the third time, by JRR Tolkien. It was considered one of my favorites long before it made the big screen 2013. Too me it was like the biggest adventure that a boy like me would love to go on. The book itself wasn’t very big according to my reading level and which was about 500 hundred pages worth I could read in two or three days time. The school library here was like my personal treasure trove. The librarian knew me by name or should I say by the name I went by which was Nate Carrion.


My mother and my grandmother hated that name for what it represented. However, I preferred it because it had nothing to do with my father and his family. Grandma still called me EJ or well she did before she was kicked out of my life for trying to kidnap me. I hadn’t spoken to her since it happened. I knew sooner or later we would have to bury the hatch it, but right now even I was mad at her for not trusting in me to make my own decisions. 


I knew the moment my mother came into my room and took a seat on the bed next to me and our two dogs. She gave a heavy sigh said. “I have always hated this color on you,” she said fingering my dirty blond hair.


I said. “I could die it red if you like? Stringum is considering that I might look good as a redhead or perhaps I could get a Mohawk like Mr. T and or die it blue and have it feathered.”


My mother laughed seeing that smile made my heart flutter. She seldom smiled anymore, or laughed, she said. “Yes, that would really go over well with the ladies and more so your grandmother. Perhaps an earring or two would make her go crazy. No. but I guess it’s your decision if you really want to do it. Considering that you don’t really need me anymore, now that you’re old enough to make those decisions.” She looked away holding back tears. 


I set my book to the side folding down the corner so I could pick it back up where I left off and putting my arms around her, said. “It’s not like that and you know it. It's just an impossible situation, that you and I have… nothing more. I still need you in my life, but not smothering me.


“Aaron and I will be fine, nothing will ever change that. Well not unless you decided that you rather let my father win. I am going away for a while, and you don’t need to stay here, now that Aaron is taken care of. Bishop Earl will make sure he stays far away from the satanic church. He has friends here and more love that he can possibly handle; its time for you to go, and take care of you, so when this blows over, Aaron can come home and I can visit like we used to. My father will just have to accept the fact that it’s going to happen if he likes it or not. 


“No Judge will be willing to listen to him, after this. There will be no more of this after the Judge hears our case on Wednesday, but if you refuse to seek help everything you have worked hard to keep will be gone. There will be no more second chances and that will mean you never seeing me or Aaron ever again or my two sisters. Not that I care about them, more so Susan more then anything; but Aaron will be placed in foster care or sent to boys home, which will happen if the Judge doesn’t see you making an effort.


“The Rothwell’s cannot keep him forever; they are no longer considered foster parents. Plus the fact you know grandma and my father would never allow that to happen. It's up to you to make sure that it never goes that far, by going back to the hospital and let the doctors and the nurses help you; go home and spend time getting your life together, find a reason to live. Mine is to do whatever is necessary to keep boys like Aaron and my adoptive brothers safe from monsters that think it's ok to kidnap, rape and murder children and sacrifice them to some god for money and power.


“They can not hurt me unless I want them too. I can protect my self from that ever happening, but I can’t do what I need to do unless you are doing what you need to do as well, which is going back to the hospital and go home and put things right so Aaron and my sisters have a mother. 


“Staying here will only delay your progress when you have to be a mother for Aaron and my two sisters. The question is do you want Aaron to be placed in a foster home and my sisters growing up without a mother. I’ll be 18 in another year or so, and will be off to college living on my own. Aaron, Susan, and Becky still need you. Even though they won’t admit it, but they do. Aaron too, but if you aren’t willing to be there then you better decided now. So we can prepare Aaron for the worst, I am not willing to give up and walkway like grandma wants me to do. She may be able to live with that, but I can’t.


“I have seen what these monsters are capable of doing. My father anger and hate doesn’t compare to what these monsters do to children and their families.  He thinks right now we are living in luxury, but you know that we aren’t all rolling in dough. The money we spend isn’t really our money, it belongs to our backers, and they give us a piece of it for risking our lives every day. 


“Whereas my father and my two sisters see it as free money, and think they deserve a piece of it for doing nothing, while everyone here is risking our lives and our families lives so others like them won’t have too. Even you have benefited from it because you carry the burden of knowing everything we are doing. I can’t tell you where I am going, and even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you, because we can’t risk anyone knowing where I have gone if they come looking for me in hopes to kidnap me and the ones I love.


“These people are dangerous and if they found out that you knew where I was they would hurt you and they would hurt Aaron. Not even grandma would be safe. So the best thing you can do you is going back to the hospital, and go home, where you are needed. I can not promise you I would be home for the holidays, not that the holidays at home for me and Aaron were anything to brag about, because how you and my father felt about us. In truth, you and I both know that we can’t change the pasts, but doesn’t mean we can’t change the future.


“You can’t change the fact that you need to be in that hospital seeking help. Not here delaying it because you want to spend every single day with me and Aaron. You need to leave and you need to let me go so I can do what I need to do. I will always love you, and will always need you Mom, but right now I need you to go, I need you to get better so Aaron can come home and not be placed into foster care for the rest of his life. 


“Bishop Earl and Dad promised you that Aaron would be looked after and won’t be involved in what we are doing. He needs to know that you love him and that you haven’t given up. He needs to know he has home waiting for him and you will be there waiting for him. Now go to him and tell him that you love him and that you haven’t given up. Then you pack your things and don’t look back knowing that we love you and we are counting on you. One more day turns into two then three, then when I am gone and your still here. You will never get better, its time Mom.


“You have to go now or you will not go and if you don’t go. My father will win, and that is something we can not allow. So go, and know that I love you and I will always need you. But if you don’t and I leave knowing that you stayed waiting for me to come back, everything we worked for together in restoring our trust and love we have shared will mean nothing. Because my father will put you away and make sure you never see us again.


“If that happens, God help you because I will never forgive you for not doing whatever is necessary to keep Aaron out of the system.  Knowing that all you had to do was go back to the hospital and let them help you. No one but you can make that choice, but if you let my father or my grandmother make it. You will never see any of us again, nor would I want too and neither would Aaron after he bounces from one home to another.”


I kissed her on the cheek and left the room hearing my adoptive Mom and my sisters and my wife Rhoda come into the house. I didn’t look back knowing if I did, I wouldn’t be able to face her. I did my best to steel myself and put on a happy face.


My adoptive Mom was pleased again seeing her clean carpets, which earned a kiss for her as she said thank you. She knew it was just a matter of time before they’d be dirty again, but she was good with that. She sank into the nearest sofa removing her socks and rubbed her sore feet. Dad took his place next to her and placed her feet on his lap and gave her well-earned foot massage.


Mom asked. “So what did you boys do today?” 


He said. “Besides cleaning the carpets?” She rolled her eyes and moaned begging him not to stop.


She smiled. “Yes besides the carpets even though they look great, but did you decide our next move?”


Dad said. “Yes, and we need to decide who else is going.”


Mom said. “Going? Going where may I ask?”


Dad said as he kept rubbing Moms feet and Mom kept waiting; he said. “England, possible Scotland possible somewhere in that area.”


Mom removed her feet from Dads lap said. “Just like, that and right before the holidays, knowing Thanksgiving is three weeks away and Christmas soon after… why can’t we wait until after the holidays?”


Dad said leaning back. “Because that’s where we need to be before the next Satanic Holiday; we will be back long before the Holidays hopefully.”


Mom asked. “When you say we? I am hoping that means me as well?” Dad didn’t answer right away and Mom said. “Oh hell no, I am not going to sit here and let any of my boys go, or you dear without me. Either I go or none of you go.”


Dad said. “And if you go who is going to take care of the boys that aren’t going if I might ask?”


Mom said. “Well, I guess we needed to decide that because I am not going to let you and my boys go without at least considering the idea that they will need me.”


Dad said. “No Karen, I can’t let you go just because you think we are going on holiday. We are only taking the boys we feel that can be the most help.”


Rhoda said. “Well if Nate’s going I am going end of story. He and I promised each other that we wouldn’t leave each other's side.” I cringed because I had promised her that.


Dad said. “Fine considering you can help the boys and Nate. But don’t for a minute think Jackie and Eli are going. Jackie is too far along and…”


Rhoda said. “We have already discussed this. Eli isn’t going and neither is Jackie they have already decided that I was going. The moment the possibility of you boys were considering where to strike next.


“Eli hates the idea because he needs to be with Jackie with the baby only months away. And with Nate going and if something happens to him or Eli there will be nobody here to take care of the baby. Which is why I am going, because Nate will need me because I know these people better then he does. I have grown up with these kinds of people most of my life and I know what they want when it comes to a woman. Jerald and Samuel may know what the men like, but trust me when it comes to a women’s needs they will be glad to have me along as well as Cindy and Fran.”


Dad said. “Hold it. I only said I was fine with you going, only because you are married to Nate and you can be a help to him. I said nothing about Fran and Cindy.”


Mom said. “Well, I would have to agree. Being as they will need to be here to run the store while I am gone with Mrs. Vincent. I am assuming by the large order Stringum has placed that you are opening one of my stores as a front to your little operation. That being said, you will need me and Rhoda to run it and make sure that things are set up by the time you open it. Unless dear you plan to sell girls products when you can’t even stand to go shopping with us when we are looking at bras and lace panties. Or heaven forbid if I send you out to by tampons or a bra or pantyhose.


Dad rolled his eyes said. “Fine, but this isn’t a vacation or a sightseeing trip. We are hunting down members of the satanic church let us all remember that, and that these people are just as dangerous… which is why we are only taking boys that can be useful and can protect themselves until help arrives. Which is why I am drawing the line to any boy or girl under the age of 14; and even those I wouldn’t consider if I didn’t have to know that some of Jerald’s and Samuel’s clients prefer young boys, and younger;


“But the boys here that are younger are not going, because we have enough younger boys already there and have been already seen by them. If we use all new boys, they will know that something was up. These members have most like haven’t killed anyone, but we don’t know that for sure until we meet them and interrogated them. They are small fish, but they could lead us to the bigger fish, and if they feel threatened they will run and we will lose the contacts that they would have given us.


“The Crown wants those members that are the most dangerous to their society off their streets. Just like here there have been murders by the satanic church, but according to what we have gathered from our sources the next big meeting will be taking place in the next few weeks, it is our job to make sure that meeting doesn’t happen, we need to find these members that can lead us to the big fish and strike hard and fast while they are running scared.


"Now that they no longer have a High King in places so we believe, but are hoping that we will know who they are considering now that Mr. Striker and Mr. Gregory, as well as Mr. Fairchild, is out of the picture.


“We are putting forth the rumor that Jerold was being considered, but Mr. Granger had other plans; hoping to draw him out of the woodwork. Dora and Dr. Sars are going as well, but they won’t be staying more than a day or two, hoping to meet up with a coven of white witches. So they might find a way to take down Mr. Granger, and men like him without relying on Nate’s spirit friend. But for now, we are hoping to be leaving by Thursday night or first thing Friday morning.


“Stringum has arranged for those that are going to be seen by our doctor for a complete physical and to update our shots because where we are going doesn’t have the best health conditions. With that being said, only those that pass their physical are going, unless we can not do without them. Now let’s decided as family and friends who are going and who is staying here so we can start training our boys and our girls on the basic

Fundamentals we will need to blend in.


“I will need that list by tomorrow morning so I can meet or should I say you and I dear need to meet with their teachers. To get an idea where the boys are in school; since they will be home schooled until we come back and I hoping long before Thanksgiving, but I haven’t heard anything in regards to where we stand with Shawn; if he has kept his grades up and other things. 


“I am also going to suggest that Nate and his brother Aaron stay here for Thanksgiving. Unless the doctors say that their mother is following her treatment plan and we can come to some agreement with their grandmother.


“If not then they will stay here for Thanksgiving and Christmas until their mother is well enough to at be home. Now then I think we have covered everything, that needs to be covered, for now, Dinner is nearly done so let us wash up and set the table.” Watching my mother enter the room with her suitcase and setting it by the door. I could tell she had been crying, but there was very little I could do for her; she needed to do this on her own.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on June 10, 2019
Last Updated on February 24, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep