The King Of Lies  Part 3

The King Of Lies Part 3

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 282-2

The King Of Lies

Part 3

 


We were told that we could pick up the keys for our car at the main desk in the impound lot as we left the courtroom for a two-hour lunch. My grandmother stepped in our way asked. “What’s this thing about Nate and you going on a trip to England Mr. Carrion that Judge mentioned? Or did you think for one minute that you could get away with not telling me? And I am supposing that his mother also knew about this trip, but chose not to tell me. Don’t think for one minute that I don’t know what’s really going on and I am willing the bet that Judge has no idea the real reason you are going to England disguised as a school field trip. When the truth is that you are putting both my grandsons in danger once again.


“I have read the papers and I have watched the news, Mr. Carrion, how many lives did you actually save? None, you saved none but your own. Now you are risking them again and this time I am going to stop you. I am going to spill my guts and confess everything and have my two grandsons out of your reach by the time this day is over. You may think you have everyone fooled. But you don’t.


“I have signed a court order that gives me the right as an acting parent, signed by his father; stating that he is giving me full custody of Nate and his brother Aaron if his mother is placed in a facility where she belongs and or is ruled to be an unfit mother. In either case, my grandsons belong to me. Not you Mr. Carrion. I would suggest you spend those last two hours saying goodbye and have my grandson’s things packed and ready by the time we leave here today. As for his w***e Rhoda, your marriage to my grandson is over, so move on to some other sucker.


“This was never about love, this was all about how much you and your Ilk can take from him, after finding out that Mr. Carrion has more money then he knows what to do with, after stealing it from those devil worshipers giving you all a nice chunk of change. This was never about saving children and their families that have fallen into the devil's hands. This was about you taking their illegal gained riches. According to the paper and the news, that states that money and the drugs were close to 50 billion dollars worth. This trip to England is about you taking my two grandsons and disappearing with all that cash. I intend to make sure that doesn’t happen.


“I am calling the police and I am going to have all your friends arrested and trying to flee the country. I am going to enjoy watching you and Stringum being taken away in handcuffs. I am going to enjoy watching your children being placed into foster care for everything you have done to them and my grandsons. I am going to enjoy seeing your faces when the Judge rips up those adoption papers and nullifies every contract you have had me and his mother sign in hopes of keeping our mouth shut.


“However I am not going to enjoy putting my grandson back into the system or being placed in two different boys’ homes. But it is far better than having them stay with you, and far better then them staying with their father or their mother, but they will be safe, they will be alive, and no longer involved in this mess you two created.


“Now get out of my way I need time to meet with my lawyer since apparently, we have lots to discuss.” My grandmother brushed by us. Then turned and said. “I am sorry Eric but you left me with no other choice. You and your brother should have gone with me the other day on your own power. I love you both more then you know, and out love, I am doing what is best for you and him. Even if it means I will never see you or your brother again, but you will be safe, and that is all that really matters.” She turned and walked out the door.


Stringum growled angrily. “Not going to happen if I have anything to say,” and stormed off. Still, there was no sign of Jeff or even him acknowledging me. I was taking that as a good sign, but I was worried considering how important today was. Dad put his arms around me telling me that everything would be fine even though he didn’t sound all that convinced as he pulled aside my caseworker having the rest of us meet at Denny’s restaurant here in town.


My mother looked back at my caseworker and at my grandmother as she busy with her lawyer. She said to my adoptive Mom. “Please tell me that old windbag isn’t going to get away with this?”


My adoptive Mom gave a heavy sigh and shrugged her shoulders. “Depends on what your doctors say at this point and what happens in the next two hours, but if I was you Linda I would find a nice quiet spot and pray that we win, because I have no intention of letting my son Nate or his bother go back into the system because their grandmother refuses to see reason. Plus the fact we did save lives, we just couldn’t save everyone. That is because how many like her don’t give a damn and as for all that money you know as well as we do that largest part of that went to help those children that no longer have parents because they willing to sacrifice their children lives to a demon that cares nothing about them.


“We didn’t take any of that money, for ourselves; the rest went back to our backers that had put up the cash in the first place. Yet nothing we did was enough, and will never be enough until the satanic church we are taking down is scattered and destroyed. As for your grandmother, she cannot be reasoned with until she has run out of ideas that will get her what she wants most. Her hate for us is understandable, but what she doesn’t realize is that what she is doing no good will come from it. Everybody loses including her, but the anger and betrayal is eaten everything inside. I should know I felt that anger enough times in my life, and it cost me and my family dearly.  


“Will she win, I do not know. But I am not willing to give up either and neither should you. Considering she only controls one vote, and we all know that your husband was more than willing to give it to her so you can’t have full custody of Nate or his brother Aaron. All he needs is to get the Judge on his side and to prove that you are an unfit mother or puts you in mental intuition for the rest of your life. Giving him total custody of his two daughters, and giving your grandmother full custody of your two boys. But what he doesn’t know that adoption papers state we are the ones that have full custody of your oldest boy or the fact you gave us temporary custody of your son Aaron while you are seeking treatment.


“However so does your grandmother, and your husband most likely was told by her, since he said he would sign anything to make sure he doesn’t come home ever again, Even if means putting you away or that the Judge rules you as an unfit mother. Again giving your grandmother custody rights, but if you win and we win with the evidence we have against him plus of what happened in court today. We have a very good chance of making sure he and your grandmother doesn’t win.


“Plus the fact according to Nate’s caseworker and our lawyer that once the Judge made the ruling that Nate is now considered an adult, he can choose where he wants to live, all we need is the Judge to make his ruling that states he no longer award of the state. For that to happen we need to win the custody hearing. We just need to make sure that you also win so your grandmother can’t remove Aaron from you. Now let’s get some fresh air and have a bit of lunch before we fight for the life of our two boys.”


We waited for Dad and my caseworker at the restaurant, but only he and Jennie showed up as we were told she was taking care of some last minute business to help our case and Stringum was also making sure that we had everything so the Judge could have all the facts before he made his final ruling. Two hours wasn’t a lot of time as we quickly ate talking about different strategies that could be good or bad.


I had lost my appetite just think of all things that could go wrong as Jeff finally popped in smiling asking me if he missed anything. I linked with sharing angry words. Like where had he been and how worried we all were, not knowing where he was on such an important day. All he did was smile at me telling me he was busy making sure our trip would be successful. Yet he didn’t care to tell me any of the details but also meant that I was going or he wouldn’t have mentioned our trip. So I took comfort in that.


I nudge Dad giving him our special sign that my friend was here, which was two fingers touching my right elbow and making a small circle to create a halo. Even though I felt sometimes it should be horns. My adoptive Mom quickly noticed the sign and said. “I think we girls would like to use the powder room before we go. Not knowing how long it would before we get another chance.”


Dad said. “I’ll pay our bill and do the same.” The moment we were inside the restroom Dad shut the door and leaned up against it so people could come in unannounced. Telling me to ask our spirit friend why we haven’t seen him until now, knowing this was an important day. I said. “Dad you realize you can ask him yourself. He can hear you clear as day?”


Dad said. “Yes, but it would look like I was talking to empty space considering I can’t see him like some of you can.”


I rolled my eyes and said. “First off, I have already asked that question and he said he was busy making sure our trip would be successful.”


Dad said. “Sounds like that today weren’t as important as we thought.” I nodded in agreement then cringed when Jeff told me the reason he was here. I repeated it to Dad and he looked at me as if I was nuts, telling me that was our only bargaining chip. I told he wasn’t finished and finished relaying what Jeff wanted us to do.


Dad's face was unreadable which meant he was scared or he was considering that possibility that I was crazy. He said. “If I do that, I want some sort of promise that everything will work out.”


I shrugged my shoulders as Jeff said. “Everything is a risk, no one can guarantee that it will work, but if you don’t we could lose everything very quickly. Or we can take the risk and see where it leads us. There are too many outcomes to be sure.”


I knew Jeff was right, but Dad gave heavy sigh, said. “Fine, but things better not lead us to where we lose everything.”


Jeff nodded and I nodded. It was the best thing we could do in regards to a handshake. Dad said leaving. “We will keep this between us for now, not even your mother or Mom should know if this is supposed to work. But the moment I feel it's going sideways your friend better make damn sure he holds up his end or I will be finding a way to make his dead self, dead.”


Everyone met us outside in the lobby as me and Dad took care of some man problems not knowing when the next time we would get a chance. Moms whispered in Dads ear asking about our spiritual friend. All Dads said was he couldn’t say anything because there were too many listening ears around. He said that looking at my mother and Jennie. It was a short drive back finding everyone inside the courtroom. All except my father’s lawyer, not surprised by the fact he wasn’t here.


Not that he had a lot to say, but the moment my father and Susan saw us he snarled. Telling my mother, to say goodbye to her two daughters and me and Aaron, waving a piece of paper in her face where he had signed full custody of Aaron and me over to my grandmother.


My mother eyed the paper and my grandmother sitting with my two sisters and her lawyer and growled angrily. “Only if you win, but so far as I see it, you lost the first round and now you are going to lose the second round.” My father smiled as he nodded to a pile of doctor’s reports, and some were listed with the name Charter Canyon hospital on the front jackets.


He said. “A gift you might say by someone that hates you worst then I do.”


My mother was really getting upset, as she was trying to hold back the tears, Dad stepped in and said. “Bring it you piece of s**t, that beating you got the last time we tangled was only a small sample what I going to do to you if our paths cross again.”


My father smiled. “Thanks, I will remember that,” pulling out a small tape recorder into view that was hidden to the side of his documents, as the Bailiff came in telling us to take our seats and was about to lock the doors as everyone else filed in.


Dad didn’t apologize, but I could see that he was worried, but I wasn’t… seeing Jeff sitting in our corner of the room as he gave my me a nodded in my father's direction as my eyes smiled and narrowed on the tape recorder and the piles of evidence my father had against my mother. Something said that something bad and good was going to happen today.


I gave the signal that Jeff was in the room Dad looked at me as I nodded in my father’s direction as Jeff took a seat right next to him and placed his arm around him watching my father shiver with cold as Jeff touched the files, and the tape recorder; then stretched out next to my father while my two sisters sat in the back of him with my grandmother and them slipping on a nice warm sweater.


Dad said. “Bailiff, you mind turning down the heat in here, it's hotter than hell in here.” He took off his warm jacket and fold it back over the back of the chair said, “Its show time.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on June 10, 2019
Last Updated on February 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep