The Coming Storm

The Coming Storm

A Poem by Sheri Haynes
"

A storm that was rolling across the plains of Nebraska inspired this poem.

"

Like a painters canvas, I see the emergence of thunderclouds rolling across the midwestern horizon.

The low rumble of thunder in the distance, and the russle of the leaves sounds the last gasp of summer is upon us.

In the wink of an eye brilliant flashes of white lightening can be seen all across the darken sky.

Cold raindrops drumming a beat of sorts outside my window.

A fire within the coming storm burns fierce and strong slowly releasing it's anger on the earth below.

As the coming storm moves off across the Nebraska landscape, calm is restored once more.

© 2009 Sheri Haynes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love storms and you paint a beautiful picture of this storm. You give me the feeling of hearing and seeing these things from my bedroom window. Well written poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 13, 2009

Author

Sheri Haynes
Sheri Haynes

Omaha, NE



About
I am 45 years old, and have been writing for a few years. I am highly critical of my writing and need others input to improve my writing . I am currently working on two novels Ghost and Black Widower.. more..

Writing