My take on the english way of life

My take on the english way of life

A Story by Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry

tbh parents can suck, my personal experiences have never been great. Most of the things that have happened were the things that lead to my taking of drugs ya know, first weed then i dabbled in cocaine for about 6 months then i kicked that habit, too expensive, then started on ACID, magic mushrooms, booze ( And I mean a lot), amphetamines, abusing prescription medication.
Its all pretty hard.
In england there is no controlled way of life, just oppression from our government. Myself and Jamie stand for freedom of speech and call for a revelution which won't happen unfortunately.
We have Chavs, Rockers, Skaters, Normal people, Facists, Nazis, many many many extremist groups ( especially in the north east where we live)
Maybe one day we can overpower them and strike out but it'll be a long time coming. I go to Demo's and protests all the time to protest for womens rights, black rights, discrimination laws etc
USA has no idea, seriously.

© 2011 Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really interesting. I live in Canada and I never was aware of this. But this discussion piece speaks to me. I completely understand. Government oppression seems to be inevitable, but there are things I wish I could do as well, to stand up for what I believe in and revolt. These days, however, officials have no tolerance for such rash action. People are killed, people "disappear", whatever it takes to protect the image of power...Right?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Europe is more strong then the USA. Few try to speak out. I show the USA budget to people. All the waste. Few have interest. In the time of Vietnam. USA had heart. Their demonstrations stop the USA in getting in other country business. USA need a walk-up call. Less Government is the answer. No need to pay 18 house rep. in Michigan 38.4 million for food and housing. 1,2 trillion on war. I hope you do something in your country. USA need a good example. Your view is a good one. Good luck.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I would say that very similar circumstances exist here in the USA as well. Although, I have lived in England and seen what you speak of first hand too. Thanks for sharing. Hope things are looking up now.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
being a parent, which is the hardest job in the world with no manual to speak of ...some parents suck but I speak for the majoritiy who try really hard to provide a stable and balanced life for our children..and until you are parents yourselves (we all here this from our parents) you will never truly appreciate it..

I hope that you have found something more fulfilling than taking drugs which enhance our minds..your poetry could do that, for you and others :)

We spend far to much time in our lives seeing what we lack rather than what we have, as a collective (UK) we have the ability to change things if we change the way we see things first. We cannot complain about an ineffective government when we were happy to reap the rewards from a relatively prosperous period and like life in general, all things come to an end!

It's good that you have taken positive action for the things you believe in, it seems that you are not totally convinced that you are making a change? Then why do it? We spend to much time protesting about what we need and not celebrating what we have!!!

Your heart is like a lion but your spirit is a mouse...to truly become something great - you must be that! Great.

Life is what you make it...this is so true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Okay then- I take back a lot of what I said in my previous review on 'my suicidal tendencies'! Wish I'd read this one first!!! Nice to see you're flying the flag for socio-political justice m8, ('my bad' as they say in the states lol). I'm in contact with a few activists in the USA and they're as passionate as we are, but I think the majority are brainwashed from birth- that's quite an endemic trait in peoples of Empire. I generally pledge alleigance to the black flag of anarchism, but I'm aware that there's too many brainless charva fuckwits and fascists about to make an ethical society possible. I live in hope though! I used to do anti-fascist demo's in darlo anawl! spence
(ps- do you happen to know a punk lass called Krissy Raine or her son Kyle? They're my mates- Kyle's my best mates son actually he's 17, they live up by the Victoria Road train station)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think that a lot of the countries are blind to what's going on. The government has things so locked down & want us to know very little. Where I live it's very little money - I'm not saying that I agree with what people turn to, but you take away people's money their source of income they turn to other things to make money then we have our dealers - then we get addicted. I've seen dealers who deal to provide for their kids, but it's not a right way of life to live... then I've seen people who peddle who are just in it for greed. People here numb themselves because of what is going on & I've been one of those people, but I see now - I see the things in this world and what's wrong and what is corrupting it. It's very scary and it seems like more and more higher up people want to silence us little people who want to speak out! They don't want to hear what we have to say. Even more so if you were addicted they look at you like you know nothing. Not only that topic at hand, but racism is something I still see - not only just with white people, but with all races. We are all the same color when we turn out the lights - people need to stop being so judging.

Posted 12 Years Ago


good job expressing your feelings. if we don't let out what is on our minds and in our hearts, we explode. lol i know from personal experience.
but anyway, you are a wonderful writer and your writing always keeps me captivated. keep up the good work in writing and in your life. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Totally
I understand exactly where your coming from.
I live in America and I still think the USA is clueless.
The good ole' Red,White and greedy Blue
thats where I live.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Being Welsh it effects all of the UK my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

668 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011

Author

Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry
Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry

Kirkcaldy, Sherbs house on Sherbs street :D, United Kingdom



About
I am Sherb of Sherbs Dreaming tree, Come inside and see, My marvellous range of tea. Haha Im Sherb I love poetry, it was my life for wuite a while and i have been suffering an 18 month block .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Only You Only You

A Poem by sarah