The light beyond The Tunnel Of Eternal Darkness

The light beyond The Tunnel Of Eternal Darkness

A Story by Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry
"

This is a strangely structured story; it has a poetic edge to it. Also it is my story of my (now beaten) amphetamine addiction

"
I must tell you a tale, dear reader. Not a very christian story.
It is the tale of a young man who would live a life of sinful desire.

He was a boy born in a world that was empty yet filled with tyranny. His days were spent masking his pain whilst his nights were filled with cries for help. He lived alone in his own personal hell.

Day by day he would rot inside his fetid shell whilst his scars of solitude deepened.

Years passed,
Winters froze,
Summers burnt,
The same four words were repeated inside his head...
"When will it end?"

As he aged he met many people but none he would call friend.

One day when he met a man. A man that promised an end. A new beginning of jubilant ecstasy that would make the past fade away. He agreed to anything he would do.

This angel-esque figure led him to a stool beneath a bulb of intense light that blurred our fateful friends vision and filled him with a feeling of anxiety.

It all became rather disorientating.

His vision focused.
A medical pouch, filled with syringes with a clear liquid inside, lay open beside him. His fear of injections and morals about needles came rushing into his mind.

"Should I? Or shouldn't I?"

A strap was tied around his arm.
His veins grew intensely.
And a syringe was removed.

The cap was unscrewed and revealed a shining steel needle. 

The needle was laid on his arm.
Pressure was applied.
The vein was pierced.
The plunger was pushed.

A feeling of euphoria filled him, his wish had been granted. He had no care in the world.

Little did he know that the consequences would be great. This liquid would become his bittersweet poison. He is lost in a ferocious nightmare.

He wanders down a pitch black tunnel of eternity.
Will he escape? Time will tell...

© 2011 Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the story, it was told very well. But it ended kind of sluggish in my opinion. I mean, you created this hype of euphoria to the reader and yet at the end its lacking a 'Big Finish'. Perhaps if it was a bit longer near the end it would have satisfied me more. Or if you had elaborated on the severity of his "consequence" it would have been better. Other than that I saw no flaws whatsoever, and I really loved the story. Great job, I enjoyed reading!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this story. It made me wish to read more. You create a journey and a opportunity for more detail of the why, who, when, where and how?
"One day when he met a man. A man that promised an end. A new beginning of jubilant ecstasy that would make the past fade away. He agreed to anything he would do."
You open the doors to many mysteries in this poem. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2011
Last Updated on October 21, 2011

Author

Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry
Sherbs Dreaming Tree Of Poetry

Kirkcaldy, Sherbs house on Sherbs street :D, United Kingdom



About
I am Sherb of Sherbs Dreaming tree, Come inside and see, My marvellous range of tea. Haha Im Sherb I love poetry, it was my life for wuite a while and i have been suffering an 18 month block .. more..

Writing